Page 169 of 891 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 22259
    Good luck. The rental situation right now is insane. Every weasel-dick in town is now called a "property manager" and they enter long term contracts with non-resident owners, then spam social media and cram 10 lifties into the 2 bedroom condo that they promised the real owner would be rented by families only. This is causing huge conflicts at my condo complex. Vibes, hope you work it out. Sent you a PM too.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Good luck. The rental situation right now is insane. Every weasel-dick in town is now called a "property manager" and they enter long term contracts with non-resident owners, then spam social media and cram 10 lifties into the 2 bedroom condo that they promised the real owner would be rented by families only. This is causing huge conflicts at my condo complex. Vibes, hope you work it out. Sent you a PM too.
    Whoa...red Lodge was ahead of the curve on a thing? Cool!

Yeah, I know it's insane, unfortunately things with our situation just recently started changing so I wasn't able to get on top of it early. Oh well, we'll patch it together with Whitewater and Huntley stays and wherever we can get the best deal. Thanks for the PM, let me know if anything comes of that. I'm putting out a lot of feelers, including to some of those weasel-dick property managers lol. I sure wish Big Sky had a good year round RV park...I'd be happy to stay in my camper, especially midweek when I'm solo. Oh well, First World Problems for sure. We'll be there, one way or another.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

^^^ Pony Express lot, bro.

Edit to add: just met up with Beetle Juice, total n00b, he did not even know where the Mountain Mall was ! Anyway, very nice guy, good addition to our community. Sounds like he is a hard charger when it comes to skiing so he probably won't be wanting to hang around with an old beater like me.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yeah...No plug-in which means no running the heater all night (w/o a generator which I don't own anyway and I doubt the "neighbors" would appreciate the noise in any case). Not really into a cold midwinter bivy anymore when I got the money for a cheap room.

BTW stopped to eat at the Cinnamon Lodge last weekend and was surprised to see it is closed. I guess they turned the cabins into longterm rentals and shut down the restaurant.

Looking a lot like winter outside of Cooke, although snow depth is incredibly variable with all the wind. Still amazed at the debris from the big slide last winter each time I drive by it, though.

Low-angle fun (stopped too low, but there are four sets of tracks further up the meadow...and the looker's left ones were damn-near filled in by the time I took the third run)

I don't think I'm going to plan on driving in that far if it snows any more, it was fine until a little past the Henderson intersection but then started to get deeper quickly and had blown around enough today that no tracks (not even yesterdays) were visible in some spots.

Sorry Harry, Pony lot is kinda done this year.

The project at the Moonlight Lodge (3 multiple unit buildings) is eating up a lot of space at the Moonlight Lodge and we are using a bunch of the Pony Express lot as a material storage area.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    BTW stopped to eat at the Cinnamon Lodge last weekend and was surprised to see it is closed. I guess they turned the cabins into longterm rentals and shut down the restaurant.
    The owners are turning the restaurant into an event type of place, private parties and wedding etc. Ryan ( the husband) is a long time Big Sky patroller and was promoted to an asst. Patrol Directors spot so his time was also a factor. Congrats Ayres!

Looks like we have a good amount of precipitation coming in the next two weeks!!

I’m starting to get itchy!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

10" at Alpine so far and still snowing. 18" base.

21" at Shower Falls since yesterday. I think I need to finish up my hunting season this weekend and start skiing soon...

When brown is down you can go skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    21" at Shower Falls since yesterday. I think I need to finish up my hunting season this weekend and start skiing soon...
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Let’s start a Big Sky Action Sports Media company. As much as I want Big Sky to stay under wraps (whadoiknow? i just moved here) I feel it is inevitable that it will blow up sooner than later, and I dont wanna miss out on the fame n’ fortune.

Saturated market.

PSA
    Shitty driving in the canyon yesterday. Shitty driving in the canyon today.
    Prob going to be shitty driving in the canyon tonight.

Observed pretty stable conditions at bbowl past two days. Sort of an ice crust/facety layer on the ground in places but no propagation observed on this layer. No obvious wind loading observed. Did notice a couple natural soft slab releases in Job 2 and 3 yesterday though.

How much snow did BBowl get?

I heard close to 40”!

36" base as of 4:00 this am. 10" overnite.

https://www.mtavalanche.com/weather/bridger/alpine

Nice westerly breeze and 14 degrees on the ridge.

https://www.mtavalanche.com/weather/bridger/ridge

Big Sky might get a weather station operating one of these days.

For now the Y/C is up.

https://www.mtavalanche.com/weather/...oneclub/timber

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BaseArea.cropped.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	215224

Parking lot will be pretty full today.

Name:  bb madness.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  45.2 KB

Lol, nuts to butts bro train

Game on in the zone, eh? Let's see some pictures

Damn ridge webcams are down!!!!!!!!

Bohr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BaseArea.cropped.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	215250

Busy day
    Last edited by Not bunion; 11-04-2017 at 12:33 PM.

No pics, was rolling solo. Definitely crowded but a nice 11am alpine start helped. Only lapped fingers area but it was good. Pretty sure it's better now than opening day last year. Glad I don't work till next Thursday.

Oh and "play some fucking slayer!" May have been yelled at multiple retards blasting music on skintrack.

That there is the best early season grooming money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Lol, nuts to butts bro train

Game on in the zone, eh? Let's see some pictures
    I was actually passing multiple groups of all female msu freshman. Very nice change of pace.

Yeah I know.

Worthless without pics....

My camera got broke on rocks and submerged in a lake this summer...But I will say it was better than about 90% of last year up there today. Really nice to be biking on Halloween and shredding on November 1st can't beat that...But then to have it culminate in the madness that was today was pretty surreal. Lots of people for sure but luckily snow quality and coverage is good enough that you could get a little more adventurous than just the basic early season meadow skipping.

As the years tick by I start to wonder just how healthy this obsession is, as with any obsession that takes up so much time, energy, and resources...But then it all makes perfect sense again on days like today and there is no doubt, I better hop on this carnival ride for yet another trip around the sun.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Deeep envy!