Page 162 of 172 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4298
    Raining and have the day off, figured i'd button up a TR i made for a trip to the Lyngen Alps this spring. Pretty much hijacked the page. Check them out if you have some time to waste.
    First segment is here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Photos-Part-1

Heres some local stoke
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080329.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	725.0 KB 
ID:	208039

Name:	P1080099.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	626.3 KB 
ID:	208040

Name:	P1080728.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	825.7 KB 
ID:	208041

Name:	P1080139.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	824.7 KB 
ID:	208042

Name:	P1080631.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	208043

Name:	IMG_3010.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	795.0 KB 
ID:	208045

Name:	IMG_2989.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	208046

Name:	IMG_2983.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	208047

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	208048
    Some photos by Jupski. Lets see some more from that rad post season.
    Turn Less, Jump More

Pretty awesome man, not a lot of windows to hit those great lines in such perfect conditions. Those 2 days you guys had there are as special as it gets, lifetime vivid memories type shit...The spirit of The Crow (Sick Bird?) apparently deemed you as the chosen guests of honor in it's sacred lair this year.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMtnBoarder91 View Post
    Hello everyone this is my 1st post.

I am back in Indiana for the summer living vicariously though your pictures and posts. I had a great time in big sky last winter from after christmas until the end of the season and then road tripped with friends through southern utah. Never really seen the desert so that blew my mind as much as all the snow at big sky. Anyhow I am planning to retun next season and try and stay on and get my residency and into msu. Is there a good source of housing information anyone can recommend. Last winter I got to big sky just after christmas and it was really hard to find a place. I ened up renting a large walk in closet from some other friends and that was ok but they have moved on.
    Thanks for any tips and I cant wait for next winter. Please keep posting good things it will make summer here more bearable.
    The Big Sky Housing Network Facebook page is definitely the best place to find a rental. Good luck.

Got a couple of shorter couloirs in today after hanging out at the Basin yesterday and watching the FWQ event, which included some pretty damn bad-ass skiing.

In hindsight, we should have just booted back up the first one to get back to the car; trying to head out the next gully over meant we were climbing a slightly less-steep slope, but one that had largely melted out and featured a scree sufferfest that was definitely Type-2 fun.

Cool shots! Keep shredding. Wow, that cornice is...a monstrosity. Looks like a hanging glacier.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Last-minute note, but Beartooth Basin will be spinning lifts tonight 6-9 p.m. in celebration of the solstice. $30 tickets, should be a pretty cool time.

Thank you for sharing the goods.

It's not quite as filled in as it was a month ago, but Hidden is still skiing rather nicely (suncups aside):

Hanging looks a bit more sporting. I decided against the twofer this morning:

Hourglass on Gardiner Headwall skied rather nicely yesterday, and the choke point wasn't yet as bad as it looks from the parking lot (it may get there soon, though):

Total sickness

^^^^Holy shit. That was rad as hell!

Hey Maggots.

If you have skied at Big Sky/MLB in the past 25 years you have ridden lifts that were maintained by Chuckie.

Chuckie started at Big Sky in Lift Operations about the same time as I started patrolling (91/92). He is a fixture in the Lift Maint Dept. at Big Sky. When Moonlight opened he took a leap of faith and came over there to turn wrenches and keep the lifts turning. Because of our schedules we carpooled together for several years and I got to discover what a quality person he is.

Chuckie (Sheldon Fraser) was on a vacation in California and suffered a stroke. Currently he is in ICU in SF and his wife and daughters drove to Cali to be close and do what they can. Needless to say, even though he has Health Insurance through Boyne, the expenses are piling right up.

Friends have set up a Gofundme page. https://www.gofundme.com/medical-fun...sheldon-fraser

Any/every little bit helps.

Thank you and best wishes to Chuckie.

^^^^ while I don't really "know" him, I have certainly talked to him a bunch of times over the years. Very friendly and easy going guy. I will donate. Looking at the list of people who have donated reads like a who's-who of the Big Sky community.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Update from FB

Sheldon has been taken out of ICU!! He's been put into another room that's attached to the ICU, which means he's one step closer to being able to come home!! He's able to move his left hand a little more. He was able to bring it all the way up to his mouth yesterday. He really wants to walk but therapy says he's not quite ready to try yet. Hopefully a couple more days in this room, then a regular room and eventually released to get him closer to here for therapy. Just taking it day by day! John said the neurologist was in earlier and did some tests and said he is getting better every day. He also said he seems to be in good spirits and is cracking jokes! Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts and prayers! And thank you to those who are donating on the gofundme sight and giving us money to deposit for them! I know they appreciate it so very much!! We all do!! ����
    Big Sky peeps are awesome when it comes time to help out.

Just got a phone call from not bunion. Naturally, being not bunion, he somehow has seats in the VIP section at the rodeo. And he has an extra ticket !

WINNING !!!

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Big Sky's version of Halloween, everybody dressed up as cowboys, except bunion. He is wearing flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt....

Looks like you scored a good seat near the chutes Harry.

Good times, lots of Cowgirls and great seeing lots of old friends. Glad you got to use that extra ticket.

Did you stick around for McMurtry? He killed it.

Yeah, after I last saw you in the beer tent I headed for the stands. This was not my first rodeo (heh) and I like to sit down low and close to the chutes. Saw some girls (i.e. drunk MILFs) that I know so I sat with them. Went back to the beer tent during the mutton bustin and bumped into a guy I went to HS with. He is one of the OG owners at YC, so he invited me up to their reserved section where I sat with Justin Timberlake. Had a great time thanks to your free ticket !

you are a goddamn opportunist, Harry
    heart of a lion, hungry as hippo

No Jessica Biel?!

Norse, I still know a few folks in Big Sky Marketing. Do you need help with a group ticket thing?

Yes, that would be awesome.

Let's be in touch via PM/email.

Sad news today from Big Sky.

Devon White, long time owner/operator/heart and soul of the Corral in Gallatin Canyon has taken a seat at the bar with several other legends that have passed on recently.

Devon wasn't much of a skier but his establishment was on the must visit list while in Big Sky.

1st place I ever went when I was visiting for the 1st time. It had a genuine roadhouse feel right down to the hand lettered sign on the pool table proclaiming "Unattended children will be sold as slaves" and a trough urinal in the men's room.

Devon you're hitting next, finish your beer, tee up the damn ball and hit it hard.

That's a bummer. Spent a lot of time at the Corral. RIP Devon, you will be missed!

^x2, Hopefully they stay open and with the same vibe.