Page 159 of 891 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 22259
    Thank you I appreciate it...I am kind of limited to close to Bozeman on weekends as those are my busiest work days (nights). My most likely days to get out further afield are usually Tuesday Wednesday and sometimes I can take another day during the week if it looks like things might be sick.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Cedar in all its majesty. Camera froze early, so that's the only shot... skiing was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post

Such fine ski terrain up there. It's so refreshing to see it in those conditions. Nice shots.

Great to see you guys getting after it. I definitely lost my motivation and have been in moab since fri. Love seeing the stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Thank you I appreciate it...I am kind of limited to close to Bozeman on weekends as those are my busiest work days (nights). My most likely days to get out further afield are usually Tuesday Wednesday and sometimes I can take another day during the week if it looks like things might be sick.
    I'll let you know when I have some weekday availability. Probably after my finals in early-mid may, but while I still have my TA assignment.

Another 3" on Lone peak today. It did not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Another 3" on Lone peak today. It did not suck.
    It's killing me missing this late-season skiing but I'm leaving on an early season Middle Fork Salmon raft trip on Friday and I gotta get my shit together. And sorry to say it, but I am NOT praying for snow next week.

I love this image.

Agreed. Fkna

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

That photo is so great. Awesome to see so many of you getting after it!

Anyone skied/been near enough to Gallatin peak to report on conditions recently? Thinking about heading there Saturday
    Last edited by benfjord; 04-12-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Thank you guys... I'm happy my little dust on crust ski track snapshot strikes a resonant chord. Ski freeeeee!

I was at Big Sky yesterday and it looked like Gallatin is shaping up pretty decently with our recent little spaklings of denser snow up high. Probably a little below average coverage but I bet you could make it work without much trouble.
    Last edited by tone capone; 04-13-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Lone Peak has been skiing great all week, especially the ML side.

This rules, too. Nice work tagging that one! NE face looks steep...

I was at Big Sky yesterday and it looked like Gallatin is shaping up pretty decently with our recent little spaklings of denser snow up high.
    Great news. Thanks. Not sure if we'll drop to the north or south yet but good to know the south will probably be an option

Great to hear. Will be there tomorrow and will start out on the ML side to avoid the masses. 4 to 8 expected tonight. Woot!

Name:  randys 3.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  77.0 KB

From yesterday, skiing a slide path that was unfortunately named after me. One of the few times it has been skiable since that incident in 2001.

You were taken for a ride?

Indeed. If I try I can remember a lot about the experience.

I try not to.

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Indeed. If I try I can remember a lot about the experience.

I try not to.
    That's great you're still skiing that line. I'm not sure I'd have the cojones to ski it again if I experienced what you did.

I know several Big Sky Ski Patrol members lurk in this thread.

I would like to personally send out a huge THANK YOU to the members of the ski patrol who helped me earlier in the week when I had a non-skiing related medical condition on the mountain.

Your professionalism and care are so appreciated. You saved my life.

THANK YOU.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It skied well this morning off Headwaters!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    It skied well this morning off Headwaters!
    Yes it was !!!!

Damn, glad to hear you're ok Harry! Maybe you have more of a story to tell when you're ready? It's amazing how fleeting it all really is... Just try to keep holding on to the good life, one day at a time while we can! Speaking of which, ya'll are totally blowing it on pond skim documentation... I had to go off to work yesterday and it's been a while since some of us have seen chicks in bikinis, cough cough. I'm getting tired of looking at and smelling dudes in Gore-Tex, c'mon boys what you got!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I know several Big Sky Ski Patrol members lurk in this thread.

I would like to personally send out a huge THANK YOU to the members of the ski patrol who helped me earlier in the week when I had a non-skiing related medical condition on the mountain.

Your professionalism and care are so appreciated. You saved my life.

THANK YOU.
    God dammit man, those sores flaring up again?

I know I've already said it but I am SO sorry I didn't tell you before......you know.

I'll getcha dinner? Deal?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Had us some good ones before it was all over at the really big. Thank you guys for sharing the pow and for putting up with us down valley heathens in general! #Sorry for partyin'!

Back to the scene of the crime a week later, the locals were nice enough to wait graciously while we played first in the scree pow.

That was a memorable one!!!

Avy danger rating: Point it.

This lonely feature was begging for some proper attention:

Always remember to have the proper amount of tip rocker to deflect off the scree sharks or you could have a bad time!

Good times. We'll see if that 99$ bike pass doesn't result in my untimely retirement from gravity sports.
    Last edited by tone capone; 04-23-2017 at 02:10 PM.