Page 517 of 891 FirstFirst ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Thinking about heading up to Teton Pass Fri - Sunday, any reports?
    Chuck posted a couple snow reports on FB this past weekend and it sounds like they got a few inches each day. Looks like they are going to get some more today.

Keep in mind, it doesn’t get skied out quick up there so there. Also make sure and bring your touring gear, the short hikes are well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Northern bangtails barely perceptible spectrum of visible waves.

I'm psyched were tilting back into the sunshine. This year has been a trip and great spectating.
    I feel like we've spent 8 months skinning through boilerplate with crampons on, then bootpacked rotten boulder ridden facets on the ridgeline, and skinned the last thousand feet to the summit of Mt Jerry.

We lost our summit beer when we stopped skinning and started booting at 9am. We forgot our Sammie at the car. Since our transition to skins once we left the facet booter, our hot drink has apparently been leaking into our arctic mittens at the bottom of the backpack.

Now we're here, on top of Mt Jerry, as planets come into one Christmas star, the northern hemisphere tilts in the suns favor, a vaccine being distributed, and we're on the cusp of a new calender year.

Looking down at 3500 ft of settled pow after this struggle sure feels good. You can see the car out there, 4 miles in the distance. Sammie, beers, and kglt are the icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Best description of 2020 yet. This last week has been filled with FOMO and your pics don't help! Though I do thoroughly enjoy them...

Maybe soon the sun will miss the dog and shine on my ass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm just this week hopping into the Bridger reservation system for passholders. Has it been normal that all days seem to fully book out within minutes? Or maybe that's just a holiday week thing?

Psssst @ Boyne, there is a reason that snow total stakes are colored white and not black. Google albedo.

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/seaice/...es/albedo.html

At least it is snowing.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I'm just this week hopping into the Bridger reservation system for passholders. Has it been normal that all days seem to fully book out within minutes? Or maybe that's just a holiday week thing?
    Stick with it. It has been filling up pretty quickly but people are timing out with the reservations in the cart which puts them back into the pool of available spots.

After a few days of checking, I snagged a couple of spots for tomorrow so I'm all good. Now I'm more wondering how everyone's playing the game. Seems to me like people are fully booking the next available day out right at 2pm, then just canceling later on if they don't want to go? Which I'm not complaining about - I just don't think I realized how quick I'd have to move to snag a spot when they open up at 2pm.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 12-22-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Over 2" in the last hour, keep it up Ullr.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201222_173651663.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	354255

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    We almost got blown off our scaffolding when the front hit this AM. We will be working tomorrow when the sun comes out and everyone has the first powder day of the season. You're welcome

Posted one hour ago by Gallatin County Sheriff's Office:

Highway 191 between Storm Castle and the mouth of the Canyon will be blocked for several hours due to a major traffic accident near mile marker 64. Please use other routes or delay your travel through this area.

That's bad. I'm so glad I don't have to drive that anymore.

From the BB website, underneath a pic of some old dude in a beanie hat

Reservation Tips
    Cancelations are added into the pool when received, try booking throughout the day.
    Look for day of spaces as people cancel in the morning.
    Items left in carts after 15 minute timer expires become available again.
    As terrain opens, more reservations will be added.
    Please bear with us, it is our first pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    We will be working tomorrow when the sun comes out and everyone has the first powder day of the season. You're welcome
    I will save you some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Thinking about heading up to Teton Pass Fri - Sunday, any reports?
    Yep, Teton had a sleeper storm roll through today and yesterday. They called for 3" yesterday, which we got 4-5"(heavy wet), and 2-4" forecasted today was more like 6-8"(light, dry). No one (not literally) was here today, so it's game on, skiing quite well. It's skied like a foot deep powder day. 40 inch base. I could really use some customers to track this snow up. I'll hook it up for BB pass holders, let me know what it takes to incentivize you to make the drive. I have had a great relationship with that place, and anything I can do to share the love. BB just sold me a sweet used 4x4 plow truck. Maybe I'll call their GM and see if we can offer a passholder promotion to get folks up here.

Thinking of doing some control work in the AM. I'll try to get some photos and video on route to post. In the meantime - a photo of my nephew pegging the stoke meter today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3557.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	354331  

I'll be driving out Friday, look for our vintage trillium camper, otherwise see you on the hill!

Careful whatchyu wish for, with intentional BroZone exposure

Quote Originally Posted by TPSA MT View Post
    Yep, Teton had a sleeper storm roll through today and yesterday.
    Sweet, we might make a trip up there over break. Any recs for good takeout in Choteau?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sweet, we might make a trip up there over break. Any recs for good takeout in Choteau?
    The Dirty Weiner, of course. Man I wish I wasn't 9 hours from that ski area. Never been.

Quote Originally Posted by TPSA MT View Post
    Yep, Teton had a sleeper storm roll through today and yesterday. They called for 3" yesterday, which we got 4-5"(heavy wet), and 2-4" forecasted today was more like 6-8"(light, dry). No one (not literally) was here today, so it's game on, skiing quite well. It's skied like a foot deep powder day. 40 inch base. I could really use some customers to track this snow up. I'll hook it up for BB pass holders, let me know what it takes to incentivize you to make the drive. I have had a great relationship with that place, and anything I can do to share the love. BB just sold me a sweet used 4x4 plow truck. Maybe I'll call their GM and see if we can offer a passholder promotion to get folks up here.

Thinking of doing some control work in the AM. I'll try to get some photos and video on route to post. In the meantime - a photo of my nephew pegging the stoke meter today.
    This is awesome. Please keep us posted about BB passholder incentives. I'll be coming up either way. Gotta support the mom and pops!!

Still no BB pass in my mailbox ... paid in installments over the summer. Called and inquired last week, only to be told “They are a little slow this year.”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Still no BB pass in my mailbox ... paid in installments over the summer. Called and inquired last week, only to be told “They are a little slow this year.”
    I did the same thing. Installments for a midweek and I got my pass in the mail like a week ago.

Are they at least letting you make reservations and giving you something else like a day pass or a key with a stick attached to it to use in the meantime.

Thin Sky cams have looked good....and ugly windy.....all day. Get some tomorrow (and remember the sharks will be about 2mm under the surface).

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Are they at least letting you make reservations and giving you something else like a day pass or a key with a stick attached to it to use in the meantime.
    I was told I could inquire at the ticket office and be given a day pass. Very confusing and don’t know what to make of the reservation system sans pass.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I was told I could inquire at the ticket office and be given a day pass. Very confusing and don’t know what to make of the reservation system sans pass.
    Dealing with the same issue. Left a couple voice messages an an email. The recording said to make a reservation before coming to the hill, so I am unclear if I should wait for a response or just drive over.

I am going to see if I can make a reservation today sans pass. I will keep you posted if I hear anything. Mind doing the same?

I totally appreciate their situation. It’s a tough year and there are a lot of changes to their system/process, so I have a ton of patience but I have to say I am itching to make some turns.

Teton Pass might be what the doctor ordered next week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Sledzski; 12-23-2020 at 08:28 AM.

If you don't have a pass log in and make a reservation. Then go to the pass office on the day of the reservation and they will give you a pass. It's really not too difficult and has been run better than I expected

Thanks Immortal. That was my assumption. Thanks for the confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums