Page 584 of 891 FirstFirst ... 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... LastLast
Results 14,576 to 14,600 of 22264
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Lol. Don't forget!:
    GALLATIN RIVER TASK FORCE IS “A PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRM” FOR REAL ESTATE AND DEVELOPMENT IN BIG SKY
    http://mtflyfishmag.com/gallatin-riv...nt-in-big-sky/
    I do work for Gallatin Task force on a pro bono basis, they are good people. The guy who writes that magazine (hah!) is full of more shit than the Gallatin.

The reality is that there are more and more toilets being built with homes and condos attached to them in Big Sky.

Failing septic drain fields are a big threat to clean water and stopping growth ain't happening.

Good water treatment and responsible disposal of treated waste water are what will help keep the Gallatin clean.

But please do educate me, what is the solution to keeping the Gallatin as clean as possible?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The septic issue in Big Sky has been a simmering issue since I moved here in the early 2000s. I'd be happy to see proper sewage treatment in Gallatin Canyon no matter who's paying for it. Developers and realtors have already skull-fucked that corridor and there's no going back, they might as well start doing it right.

It was a problem in the 90s as well. If you know JC Knaub at all he use to write a satirical piece in the Lone Peak Lookout, the Adventures of Sewer Cop until it was shelved for being a little to close to the truth.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Aren't there a bunch of different issues here? Failing and/or too many septic systems which this doesn't address, chemical fertilizer applications/runoff at golf courses and other landscapes which this doesn't address and probably other issues I've thankfully forgotten about.

Once again, building a city in the mountains is a huge pain in the ass.

Big Sky was built as a libertarian utopia, who could've seen any of these issues coming?!

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Big Sky was built as a libertarian utopia, who could've seen any of these issues coming?!
    Steve Barrett?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Steve Barrett?
    Extra points for invoking that name. You remember Ray Tout?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Aren't there a bunch of different issues here? Failing and/or too many septic systems which this doesn't address, chemical fertilizer applications/runoff at golf courses and other landscapes which this doesn't address and probably other issues I've thankfully forgotten about.

Once again, building a city in the mountains is a huge pain in the ass.
    No this doesn't address those other problems it is just an attempt at mitigating the overabundance of human waste, both liquid and solid.

I for one would really like to see a sunset on all drain fields and for the counties to stop issuing drain field permits. There is enough $$$ sloshing around that every home and residence should be on Sanitary Sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Extra points for invoking that name. You remember Ray Tout?.
    Nope, I knew Steve from FreeMail days. He let us stay in his condo a few times. Thank him for Lotto.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ray was Boyne's Surveyor/Engineer, bat blind, I don't think he ever shot a really straight liftline, wall or property line.

Lots of empty beds back then.

1st time I visited was between T-giving and Christmas and it was a freakin ghost town.

87ish, buddy brought up a couple of Ks of good green weed from PC and we were the most popular folks in town, we closed the Corral on a Saturday Night, local band called Loose Tubes. Place was packed, probably the entire population of BS back then, there were even some female types.

Many folks that I met then were the movers and shakers in the really big about 10 years later. Ever run across Brian Wheeler?

Damn those were fun times.

I for one would really like to see a sunset on all drain fields and for the counties to stop issuing drain field permits. There is enough $$$ sloshing around that every home and residence should be on Sanitary Sewer.
    ding ding ding we have a winner

x posted from the wildfire thread. Satellite shows solid fire activity up to the Line cr plateau with the Robertson draw fire.

Also new rapid growth east of Townsend on deep creek. MODIS data hasn't yet caught up but the plume is strong.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire mt 6-15-21.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	377236

Name:	fire mt 6-15-21_2.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	271.6 KB 
ID:	377237

Name:	fire mt 6-15-21_3.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	317.6 KB 
ID:	377238

Most of my family ranches along the front range of the Beartooths. From Bear Creek to Sunlight Basin. It’s going to be a scary fire season.
    Here are a few photos my Aunt sent me last night of the Robertson Draw fire

Name:	IMG_3544.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	772.1 KB 
ID:	377240

Name:	IMG_3545.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	934.3 KB 
ID:	377241

Name:	IMG_3546.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	707.0 KB 
ID:	377242

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Damn, multiple fires in mid June. Scary.

Big plume from Robertson

Name:	fire mt 6-15-21_4.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	377271

and the incident page for Deep Creek:
    https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7536/

A few more from this evening.

Name:	IMG_3565.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	377272

Name:	IMG_3564.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	377273

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Inciweb Incident Information, remarks section

Evacuations for the Grassy Mountain Subdivision have been issued by the Broadwater and Meagher County Sheriff’s Offices. Montana DNRC joined the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest in unified command of the Deep Creek Fire. On the east flank of the fire a spot fire started and escaped spreading rapidly in red flag conditions. Ground crews responded, but the fire spread faster than could be contained. Pre-evacuations were issued by Broadwater and Meagher County Sheriffs’ Offices. Highway 12 E was closed for public and firefighter safety. It has been confirmed that structures were lost -- details are still forthcoming.

The Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation (DNRC) confirmed that a DNRC helicopter incident happened while responding to the Deep Creek Fire in Townsend, MT on June 15, 2021 at approximately 5:00 pm.While en route to the Helibase, the aircraft experienced a hard landing that resulted in fire. All 5 personnel on board were able to safely exit the aircraft and are being assessed by medical staff

Air attack and retardant planes assisted to slow the spread of the fire. Ground resources are assessing a new plan based on the recent heavy fire activity. We will continue to post a fact sheet on social media and provide one at the Townsend Ranger District, Belt Creek-White Sulphur Springs Ranger District, and local businesses in the Townsend and White Sulphur Springs areas.

yeehaaww

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

flmr, campfire couloir

Last edited by East2West; 06-19-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Reports are that the Robertson Draw is human caused and they have someone identified if not in custody.

I'm sure they'll be slapped with a devastating $200 fine. And the sheriff will conceal their identity because it was an "accident."

Hope I'm wrong but that's how it usually goes down.

Reports are that the Robertson Draw is human caused and they have someone identified if not in custody.
    The sheriff confirmed that much in the public meeting last night (on the CGNF FB page for anyone who really wants to watch). He said that they'd had discussions with the subject and the subject's attorney and expected to be handing off the investigation results to the county attorney next week, I think (timing was a little unclear just because the audio wasn't great).

Rumor I've seen on locals FB posts is a dirt bike crash in an area not open for dirt biking. I'm not sure if that means a non motorized trail, off-trail, or ignoring a seasonal closure (I think Robertson Draw Road has one of those for wildlife). No idea how much stock to put on the rumor but it seems plausible, and I'm not entirely sure what the legal implications might be if the closure isn't due to fire safety (it may just be a closed road violation, but I think that's still an actual charge in the federal system, not just a civil citation).

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Rumor I've seen on locals FB posts is a dirt bike crash in an area not open for dirt biking.
    I have also heard the fire was started by a moto crash.

It's gonna be a long summer. There's a lot that could change if the weather starts switching around, but I've been hearing a lot of "old timers" talk about how this kinda reminds them of the start of the '88 summer..

Less talk, more skiing:

Back from opening weekend on the pass:

Name:	B8BB2D37-B04A-46F9-B7D3-9845AB098052.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	585.0 KB 
ID:	377674

And last week in a magical part of the home range:

Name:	IMG_4890.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	377675

Name:	IMG_4972.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	377676

Camp's down there somewhere

Name:	IMG_4996.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	377683

Tourists are out in full force, be careful on those roads. On the plus side though, went down to that real pretty turquoise lake the other Saturday anticipating madness and it felt 'dead', nothing like the daily craziness there the past number of years. We breathed deep, and it felt nice.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Tram Packs are now on sale. Good luck buying one.

I finally had to call and speak to ticket sales and a very nice person helped me through the password reset. I wonder what she thought of my old PW- Boynesucks.... She was nice enough not to mention it.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 06-22-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Tram Packs are now on sale. Good luck buying one.

I finally had to call and speak to ticket sales and a very nice person helped me through the password reset. I wonder what she thought of my old PW- Boynesucks.... She was nice enough not to mention it.
    If she's dealing with people who are struggling to order stuff online because the website doesn't work well enough, she may not have disagreed.

Probably still better than the guy I know who had his work password set to 'nepotism', in part because the CFO and HR director were married, and then had to share it with the CFO because he was handling IT issues.

I'd hope she couldn't see your password from her end.