Page 619 of 892 FirstFirst ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,475 of 22285
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Riding BBowl solo, black coat green pants on BGs. Reach out if ya wanna share some turns
    Ahh damn. Would have been good to link up today. Was chilly first thing this AM but warmed up quite a bit. Soft show and sharks were found. We were a mellow crew and one guy not beeping so we stuck to the high-t and PK.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Yep never going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm all aboard the Fuck Big Sky train. They've done a fantastic job of ruining what was an awesome mountain in just a couple years.

In other news, give me 1" powder days at Bridger Fuckin' Bowl everyday for the rest of my life

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
    Slarving for a better tomorrow

You actually have good looking bases. I wish mine looked like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    BB sharks still lurk below the surface.

Attachment 398429

I clipped a rock yesterday on Bronco and it ripped off one of my skis. Besides feeling like a jerry as I side-stepped up the slope, when I got to the other ski I noticed the toe plate was broken.

Damndest thing, never had that happen before.

Help me make my choice tomorrow… disco, showdown, snowbowl… I’ll be with a new skier so I feel like I would be bummed staring at all of the beautiful bbowl ski lines. Can’t ditch the brother in law. GD won’t have Belmont open…

Help me make my choice tomorrow… disco, showdown, snowbowl… I’ll be with a new skier so I feel like I would be bummed staring at all of the beautiful bbowl ski lines. Can’t ditch the brother in law. GD won’t have Belmont open…

Of those three I've only been to Showdown so this lacks much utility, but: it's a fun little mountain in the middle of nowhere and totally worth the drive.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Had a most excellent time at Snowbowl today, soft snow and pretty good coverage. Way more mountain than Showdown and I don't think Disco backside has as much snow. Took a buddy and his teenage kid, first timers, and had a blast showing them all the classics. Plus it was 14 degrees in the parking lot compared to -11 when I left Helena.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211227_191604.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	398488

Name:	20211227_111745_002_saved.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	398489

They are all a little bit of a drive for sure. Just made the trek from Helena to Missoula this afternoon, and the roads were in pretty good nick.

Yeahman hits the nail on the head with snowbowl, and I’ll be up tomorrow morning for a little while if you are interested in a lap.

Never been to Showdown, but have always wanted to ski King’s Hill and get a taste of the place. I hear they have a very “unspoiled” vibe there.

I will say to keep an eye on disco though. There were some storm clouds flowing through the Flint Creek range on the drive back, with some intermittent snow making it to I90.

Hard to go wrong with any one you choose.

Although- thinking on this a little more, and I’d say to hold off on disco until they open the backside. Could be tomorrow, could be a week. Play that one by ear, but if you do go get those chocolate chip cookie mounds from their cafeteria. Shit is FIRE!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Had a most excellent time at Snowbowl today, soft snow and pretty good coverage. Way more mountain than Showdown and I don't think Disco backside has as much snow. Took a buddy and his teenage kid, first timers, and had a blast showing them all the classics. Plus it was 14 degrees in the parking lot compared to -11 when I left Helena.

Name:	20211227_111745_002_saved.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	398489
    Looks awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.

snowbowl

Name:	20211227_135025.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	398499

fuckkkkkk.
    as soon as i leave town, it finally gets deep.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

That looks great. You certainly get around. Nice work

Seems normally media content that ski areas put out is garbage, at least it is at my home hill. But I absolutely love the daily video that Bridger Bowl puts out. Always seems to capture a cool vibe of an awesome ski area, of which I have never been and is on my list. Mostly always a good tune to boot. You are very lucky if you get to call that your home hill...cheers!

^^^ For some counter point I suggest you give the Big Sky daily report a gander. Just what you would expect.

Ex:

Good Morning, Skiers and Snowboarders, this is Joe with your Big Sky Snow Report for Tuesday, December 28, 2021.

What a Holiday Week it has been. The snow just continues to fall, albeit in small doses but that is what is perfect for Lone Mountain. Too much snow makes for dangerous conditions but a few inches at a time is perfect and allows our Patrol and Mountain Ops Teams to continue to open up more terrain and make our mountain playground bigger and better every day.

Today will be more Rocky Mountain Winter weather while we will have cloudy skies with snow flurries throughout the day but we aren’t really expecting any accumulations until tomorrow so make sure to say those snow prayers and drink it deep when you Après, tonight. For temps we will see a balmy 0°F for the high today and -6°F for the low tonight. Skies will stay cloudy and the wind will come from the West/Southwest at 13-17 mph with a wind-chill of -30°F so watch for frostnip on bare skin. Currently, we have over 2900 skiable acres open and with over 11” of snow falling in the past week our summit now boasts over 40” of heavenly pow.

Mountain Beta; The Challenger lift and the Bowl are skiing really well and fairly deep right now and Southern Comfort chair lift just opened up which includes more world-class groomed runs that are perfect for the whole family to cruise around on. If you are looking for deeper snow today then venture over to the Lone Tree lift where you will find some great powder stashes and some incredible tree skiing. As always what is a trip to Big Sky without hitting the Tram, even if it is just for a scenic trip? So make sure to go add some beauty and adrenaline to your day and take a trip to the top of the world in our box in the sky that we call the "Lone Peak Tram".

It will be cold but with skiing keeping you warm on the way down and out incredible blue bubbles with heated seats to keep you warm on the chair lift rides up the mountain there really is no excuse for you not to be here. So grab those planks and partners and hit the hills today in Big Sky and we hope to see you out on the mountain.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Seems normally media content that ski areas put out is garbage, at least it is at my home hill. But I absolutely love the daily video that Bridger Bowl puts out. Always seems to capture a cool vibe of an awesome ski area, of which I have never been and is on my list. Mostly always a good tune to boot. You are very lucky if you get to call that your home hill...cheers!
    The BB videos are great. If they could apply 10% of the effort they put into the video into restraining themselves from writing alliterative captions that are physically painful to read, they'd truly have something.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

The captions are cringe, but the stoke in the videos is as real as it gets for sure.

just watched the 12/27 video, great stoke and no captions that I saw.
    will keep an eye on those as I near a visit for end of next week
    Aggressive in my own mind

Desperately dreaming for demise of dumb descriptions daily. Demand dedication to details during dumps.

Any Bozeman peeps have an extra old but functional beacon to sell? Looking for a beeper so my buddy can ski the ridge this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ For some counter point I suggest you give the Big Sky daily report a gander. Just what you would expect.

Ex:
    Jesus, a trigger warning please.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Any Bozeman peeps have an extra old but functional beacon to sell? Looking for a beeper so my buddy can ski the ridge this season.
    I've got a tracker1 and a barryvox that probably belongs in a museum, might be willing to part ways with one of them. Shoot me a PM and we can try and figure something out.

Can you 100% guarantee that the beacon will not find its way to Saddle?

If not I can order you a beacon at my cost for your friend.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Name:	20211228_130726.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	398574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211228_115307.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	398575