Page 514 of 891 FirstFirst ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by Concealed View Post
    Ahhh the Flints. I believe the B-D NF has updated their travel plan since I played there. I’m not sure what’s open/closed anymore. Racetrack (south of Deer Lodge) and Rock Creek (north of DL) are main routes. There’s also the road up Dempsey Creek. Lots of skinning w/o a machine.

I’ve always wanted to check out Mt. Rose. Not that it’s anything special but just because I’ve driven by it a million times on I-90. Access out of Gold Creek. Another long haul without a throttle.

When I lived in Pburg we skied Cable Mtn a lot because it is super easy access. After work laps! It’s the ridge behind St. Timothys Chapel. Just south of Disco.
    Yeah it seems like it. I have been eyeing a super nice mellow 2000' vert run right south of gold creek (Average slope 25-30deg). There seems to be a lot of houses on the road so I assume its plowed. Unfortunately about a 4 mile hike to the summit.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Yeah it seems like it. I have been eyeing a super nice mellow 2000' vert run right south of gold creek (Average slope 25-30deg). There seems to be a lot of houses on the road so I assume its plowed. Unfortunately about a 4 mile hike to the summit.
    Ballard Hill?

Ballard Hill?
    The ridge directly west of ballard. There are not really any names there. Are there any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    The ridge directly west of ballard. There are not really any names there. Are there any issues?
    Gotcha. I spent an entire summer doing PCT work right there.

No issues that I know of. It’s a huge pile of rock. I’d make sure there’s a decent base to it.

The Flints and the Pintlers are difficult because the main ridges run SW-NE. The same direction most storms roll through. There’s a lot of funky sideloading which cuts out a lot of terrain. But that line off of Emery/Ballard should be gtg once covered.

Live view: Bridger Bowl reservations server

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

That’s hilarious.

Your jokes are way better than mine.

Fingers crossed the heat coming off the hamster wheels powering the reservation server doesn’t melt the little bit of snow up there.

I tried logging in.....no bueno. Nothing is loading on the account or estore pages.

Hopefully this will get the ball rolling for a resolution before it starts snowing for real.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    Fingers crossed the heat coming off the hamster wheels powering the reservation server doesn’t melt the little bit of snow up there.

I tried logging in.....no bueno. Nothing is loading on the account or estore pages.

Hopefully this will get the ball rolling for a resolution before it starts snowing for real.
    I just kept smashing the reload button for 15 minutes straight and it finally worked. Try hitting yours harder.

Got to step 4 of 5 on the checkout when the server went down. Logged back in around 2:50 and was able to get a Friday spot no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post

That reminds me I need to check the oil level in my engine.

Took some back and forth but the hamsters came through for me and the missus.

Crushing the reservation game today!!! Looking forward to some Devil's Dive action on Friday - haha.

Ahhh the Flints. I believe the B-D NF has updated their travel plan since I played there. I’m not sure what’s open/closed anymore. Racetrack (south of Deer Lodge) and Rock Creek (north of DL) are main routes. There’s also the road up Dempsey Creek. Lots of skinning w/o a machine.

I’ve always wanted to check out Mt. Rose. Not that it’s anything special but just because I’ve driven by it a million times on I-90. Access out of Gold Creek. Another long haul without a throttle.

When I lived in Pburg we skied Cable Mtn a lot because it is super easy access. After work laps! It’s the ridge behind St. Timothys Chapel. Just south of Disco.
    Yeah it seems like snowmo is best for access around here(pburg area). Even if you were inclined to snow wheeling to get a bit closer, most routes like racetrack close to vehicles and get groomed for machines. There's a few access points near anaconda for pintlers but most are snowmobile accessed from road to wisdom. I went 4wheeling to scope a spot last weekend and might try to take a walk here soon esp if disco doesn't get more lifts running. Also I dont know where you're talking about south of gold ck but just having houses/meaning plowed is not usually a good bet around these parts ime.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Yeah it seems like snowmo is best for access around here(pburg area). Even if you were inclined to snow wheeling to get a bit closer, most routes like racetrack close to vehicles and get groomed for machines. There's a few access points near anaconda for pintlers but most are snowmobile accessed from road to wisdom. I went 4wheeling to scope a spot last weekend and might try to take a walk here soon esp if disco doesn't get more lifts running. Also I dont know where you're talking about south of gold ck but just having houses/meaning plowed is not usually a good bet around these parts ime.
    I agree but it was like a full neighborhood. If you need a scouting partner let me know.
    At this point I'm highly considering buying a shitty sled that can take me the 5 miles in I need everywhere for like a grand.

Happy Birthday Tone Capone!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tony and Dad.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	885.6 KB 
ID:	353098

"Looking back I was thinking it is just as exciting for me now to stand on top of a new mountain, or just to climb one I've been on before, as it was that first time I ever set foot on one. Pretty sweet that the mountains never lose their magical appeal, that there are always fresh new ways to slide around in the mountain terrain or just climb and ski an old favorite. I just hope to keep close to the mountains and be allowed safe and happy travels among them for many years to come. Too much fun left to have."

"and there the shining mountains rest, until the next set of curvy lines may graciously be set upon them. Happy mountain travels."

"Best mass plundering I've seen in quite some time, I wish I could have bottled the stoke but -sigh- gotta do it all over again tomorrow. So much good energy to tap into, there's nowhere I'd rather be in the world, woot! Cheers friends, awesome to see everybody living the good life."

Name:	Tony Tracks.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	353099

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Happy Birthday Tone Capone!!

Name:	Tony and Dad.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	885.6 KB 
ID:	353098

"Looking back I was thinking it is just as exciting for me now to stand on top of a new mountain, or just to climb one I've been on before, as it was that first time I ever set foot on one. Pretty sweet that the mountains never lose their magical appeal, that there are always fresh new ways to slide around in the mountain terrain or just climb and ski an old favorite. I just hope to keep close to the mountains and be allowed safe and happy travels among them for many years to come. Too much fun left to have."

"and there the shining mountains rest, until the next set of curvy lines may graciously be set upon them. Happy mountain travels."

"Best mass plundering I've seen in quite some time, I wish I could have bottled the stoke but -sigh- gotta do it all over again tomorrow. So much good energy to tap into, there's nowhere I'd rather be in the world, woot! Cheers friends, awesome to see everybody living the good life."

Name:	Tony Tracks.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	353099

Shred. -

IF I am remembering and understanding correctly ,
    yours is a Very Nice tribute...

( Please ) Be Safe out there... tj

if not, ,,, yep - That's what I thought you were doing, Shred. - ... Nice tribute ! !!
    Last edited by skiJ; 12-16-2020 at 01:06 PM.

skiJ. I meant that as a tribute on his birthday and those are all Tony’s words from old posts on the TGR forum that I thought shared his excitement about skiing. Feel free to delete THIS post answering you.

Name:	IMG_1366.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	428.2 KB 
ID:	353126

Happy birthday Tone! Miss you buddy!
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Anyone tried showing up at Big Sky on an Ikon pass without a reservation? They are fully booked every weekend so wondering if I can try and sneak in without one.

Also curious if anyone has had a day at BS this week? Coverage looks low........as low as I can recall at pre-xmas time. Will be skiing there FRI-TH. Forecast looks fairly dry.

Likely leaving Rustlers at home and taking skinny Brahmas?

Quote Originally Posted by jwe View Post
    Anyone tried showing up at Big Sky on an Ikon pass without a reservation? They are fully booked every weekend so wondering if I can try and sneak in without one.

Ya Tone!
    Happy Birthday Man!
    I feel so lucky to have been able to ski around and share the stoke with Tony.
    Heres an old BB DV of him crushing triple drop to his air. :12- :40 ish

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 11.52.43 AM.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	438.3 KB 
ID:	353170
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5f...aiRRl&index=40
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

hbd Tone.

Good find on the vid, m.

I'm raising a beer for Tone tonight.

Just rolled over our BS season passes. Shoulder surgery rehab is going slower than I anticipated (wanted), plus the 'rona, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

Plus y'all need some fucking snow, so enjoy it you unwashed reprobates.

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Also curious if anyone has had a day at BS this week? Coverage looks low........as low as I can recall at pre-xmas time. Will be skiing there FRI-TH. Forecast looks fairly dry.

Likely leaving Rustlers at home and taking skinny Brahmas?
    Just back from down at the really thin Sky.

Not much open and unless there is man-made snow the base is < 20" and lacks much in the way of density. Forecast is for some snow but not the amounts that will make a big difference.

Nevertheless I had a good time and my legs will feel it tomorrow.

I can already tell that the system of crowd control and lifts will be a lot like that BB server meme. By next Thursday it is gonna be ugly.

For you IKON gamblers, what the did you expect? As Otter said to Flounder, ya fucked up, ya trusted us.

RIP (rip in powder) Tone.

All the making of a great TR. Will you be this guy?

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

All the making of a great TR. Will you be this guy?

lulz

That is for sure happening at some ski resort, somewhere, this season. Guaranteed.