Page 504 of 891 FirstFirst ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 22274
    I'm down as well.

It’s a solid 1:45 from GF. Add your time from Bozeman and you’re looking at close to 5 hrs. Just so you’re prepared. Still worth it. Even better for a two day trip and spend the night up there or in Choteau.

Anyone know how the base is at Whitefish?

What about Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Sounds like a worthy mini-summit later this season.
    👍
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by FigureELEVEN11 View Post
    Anyone know how the base is at Whitefish?

What about Turner?
    Whitefish is okay, good base has given them a lot to work with so far.

Turner is always a gamble, even in a good season.

Sounds like a worthy mini-summit later this season.
    Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by montpow View Post
    That’s an awesome shot RockinB! Been trying to get to that spot and the little slot next to it. Going solo tho so I’ve been too pooped once I get to the base. And not good avi conditions either.

The winds have been pretty bad here lately. But the past 3-4 years, two of which they weren’t open, it seemed much better. Ample snow, and it stuck around. Definitely make your way up there and support them if you can.
    Both those lines are worth snagging if you get back in there. Here is a shot of the slot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0095.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	350404

Quote Originally Posted by RockinB View Post
    Both those lines are worth snagging if you get back in there. Here is a shot of the slot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0095.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	350404

That’s the one. Such a cool little spot. Thx for sharing.
    Are those both from the same day? Recently? And by recently I mean last year

Both from the same day. We got on top of them and two snagged this while the other in our group skied the shark fin line. I believe this was in March or April a few years ago when things were super filled in up there.

Day trip? Blast off early get home late?
    Rock it old school without the speeding ticket!

Teton Pass Ski Area

Thanks for the kind words guys! Owner of little ol' Teton Pass Ski Area here, in N. Central MT. We appreciate the stoke, and are super excited to be open for the season. Consider the red carpet to be rolled out to anyone on this forum that makes it up this year.

4 hrs from Bozeman. Take 287 - 3 forks, Helena, Wolf creek, Augusta, etc.

7 Lazy P - AirBnB in the canyon, 6 miles from the ski area. Book soon. Otherwise, Stage Stop Inn hotel in Choteau is nice

Campers, vans, RV's welcome for sure!

We at Teton Pass like to say that Silverton has a Teton vibe, but whatever...

The peak above is unnamed peak 8,488'. Lockhart is behind us, at 8,691'. The winds out of the West load our East facing ski area quite nicely, also the Rocky Mtn. Front can create some uniquely big storms of dry snow. Stay tuned this year! Get in touch if anyone wants more info. There are a few of us over here getting after it, it's not all carhartts and bomber hats.

-Charles

Thanks for chiming in, Charles. Hope the season treats you well. Put up some photos once in a while if you find the time!

Bridger delayed opening due to lack of snow... might have to head up north and check out Teton Pass unless this high pressure breaks.

I booked my Air and Hotel to ski Big Sky on Feb 18-20. It looks like I need IKON pass reservations But its all sold out for those days. Any idea if they will open up more slots for those dates. or should I try to change my reservations.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by m8d7db View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys! Owner of little ol' Teton Pass Ski Area here, in N. Central MT. We appreciate the stoke, and are super excited to be open for the season. Consider the red carpet to be rolled out to anyone on this forum that makes it up this year.

4 hrs from Bozeman. Take 287 - 3 forks, Helena, Wolf creek, Augusta, etc.

7 Lazy P - AirBnB in the canyon, 6 miles from the ski area. Book soon. Otherwise, Stage Stop Inn hotel in Choteau is nice

Campers, vans, RV's welcome for sure!

We at Teton Pass like to say that Silverton has a Teton vibe, but whatever...

The peak above is unnamed peak 8,488'. Lockhart is behind us, at 8,691'. The winds out of the West load our East facing ski area quite nicely, also the Rocky Mtn. Front can create some uniquely big storms of dry snow. Stay tuned this year! Get in touch if anyone wants more info. There are a few of us over here getting after it, it's not all carhartts and bomber hats.

-Charles
    Very very cool. Will definitely be making the trip up from Bozeman this season Charles!!

“Silverton has a Teton vibe.” .
    Awesome. Instant classic.
    Even the last couple years of the previous owner, you could notice a shift. Probably 20% of skis in the racks were tour oriented. Pretty cool. And the terrain definitely supports it. Big mountains up here.
    And I should mention some of the approaches for touring are pretty close. I went 5 miles in to Blackmore. I heard Fairy Lake is even further? Most of these drainages you can find something at around 2-3 miles or less.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPow View Post
    I booked my Air and Hotel to ski Big Sky on Feb 18-20. It looks like I need IKON pass reservations But its all sold out for those days. Any idea if they will open up more slots for those dates. or should I try to change my reservations.
    If you booked your hotel through Boyne/Big Sky central reservations, they say you are guaranteed ski access. In any case you should probably contact Mountain Services and confirm. I'm not sure how the Ikon pass figures into all this.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    La Nina this year = everything south of Great Falls is dry as a bone?

Hey, new guy checking in.

Just wanted to say hello. I see some other Helena folks on here. Yesterday was day seven for me at GD. New Volkl Deacon 76 skis have been perfect for the two hose snow runs. Lol.

Pray for snow.

Hey Charles,

If I show up on a Thursday will you let me shoot your Avalauncher?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    La Nina this year = everything south of Great Falls is dry as a bone?
    Forecast is grim af, isn't it? Sure hope it flows like mad once the La Nina faucet kicks on.

If you're super bored, I think I saw patrol putting a bootpack up Cron's on Saturday. Website shows it as open.

^^^ They are bored as fuck. Watched 3-4 of them grovel there way down Marx today. It wasn't a pretty sight.

As far as the weather goes, it is what it is. Way I look at it is that we will get X" of snow this winter one way or another and if it happens over less days then those days will be deeper.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Regardless of the current conditions it is still good to have season pass in the greater Bozone area again, after 13 years away. That Crons bootpack should beat going for a run at least.
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    Regardless of the current conditions it is still good to have season pass in the greater Bozone area again, after 13 years away. That Crons bootpack should beat going for a run at least.
    Right on man, welcome back to MT. I might go lap that bootpack Wednesday for the hell of it. Let's see, it's going to snow a few inches tonight and tomorrow, then more will blow in there Tuesday night, meaning there should be some fine turns to be had on Cron's by Wednesday morning. And the resort should be pretty empty too so we won't catch corona. See you mags up there.

Hey Charles,

If I show up on a Thursday will you let me shoot your Avalauncher?

As long as you buy the first "round"...