Page 561 of 892 FirstFirst ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,025 of 22283
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Wanker.
    I definitely could've and should've gone faster today. Just getting warmed up though. Headwater's season is seemingly upon us, some of my favorite skiing of the year. Stoked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Jeez dire straits.
    Must be hard to be a wealthy middle aged person trying to move to pig sty. I really feel for them.

The skiing around is only getting better n better around here. So stoked for the extended springtime shred!

Anyone been to Los jarachos since they moved into the old saffron building? That shit is hands down the best mexi food I've ever had in this town. And it's byob!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Second the "real estate talk in the Intermountain west thread" maybe mountain outlaw will host a forum! I hear neihart is the next jhole.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

The sky big had plenty of wind-buffed chalk on Sunday. Cold temps and sunny skies actually made it a fun time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0376.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	303.4 KB 
ID:	365512

But man, I was quite shocked to see how the dynamic has changed down there. What I thought would be a lax Sunday was packed with ikon tourists clogging the main lifts. People fucking love those bubble chairs and heated seats. A little effort though got you to the empty areas and ski-on lifts, so that was a nice affirmation to have.

The other dynamic there was much more subtle, but when looking for it was clear as daylight: Hate for ikoners. Graffiti, stickers, and under-the-breath attitude set a tone there that clearly was making the visiting family uncomfortable. I of course wasn’t bothered one bit, especially after paying a day ticket price. But it just felt.... off.

As a side note- I’m stoked to see MAP starting to can their brews. Browsing the beer isles down there is a real treat nowadays. A nice positive to have since we might be moving back that way soon.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Boy sunshine is actually pretty nice when you haven't seen any in a month.

Name:	adamNW-1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	365513

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    The skiing around is only getting better n better around here. So stoked for the extended springtime shred!
    After we saw you yesterday we skied hidden. The better half came out of the apron all kooky and bit it on the groomer. Needless to say started PT today with a boogered MCL.

Name:	IMG_2374.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	365524
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    After we saw you yesterday we skied hidden. The better half came out of the apron all kooky and bit it on the groomer. Needless to say started PT today with a boogered MCL.
    Dannggggg. U guys racing to the alpine cabin for a roller dog er something? At least its an mcl.... she'll be strong af for biking season at least!

Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-02 2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread - Page 561.png
Views: 775
Size:  76.8 KBHave you had a chance to sample this?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-02 2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread - Page 561.png
Views: 775
Size:  76.8 KBHave you had a chance to sample this?
    Goddammit. Now I'm hungry for rellenos.

I have not had the chile rellenos but the other stuff I've had has been good and the portion sizes are huge. Enough for two meals and I rarely have leftovers normally.

I've gotten the sopes and tacos. Both outta this world. They have a crazy taco Tuesday lunch deal, no shit, I think they're $1.

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	886.4 KB 
ID:	365567

That is from 1994. Bunch of Vermonters, including me and my Dad, and our next door neighbor, the guy responsible for bringing me and Og to Bozeman. That trip blew my mind. They took me down Hidden Gully. I aired off the cornice, ate shit, recovered and flashed it. Then we smoked a bowl out of a shovel on the traverse over to Northwest while they yelled at the ski patrollers to "just point it" down the Virtues. Me and my Dad drove down to Jackson and I told him to stop pulling over to look at the wildlife, we need to make it to Jackson quicker. Skied Corbett's 3 times and broke my ski in half on the last jump in. I remember my dad doing laundry on that trip, and not realizing the washing machine had a spin cycle. So we did some skiing in wet clothes. I remember thinking Big Sky sucked cause I left with a huge rock implanted in my base from Challenger. Good times, and I figured out where I was going to college!!!

Big Sky in the news: New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara is learning to snowboard at Big Sky. He just bought a house and is in love with Montana. Way cooler then the Kardashians taking over Moonlight. It would be fun to see how quickly he improves. If you see him ask for change...

https://twitter.com/a_kamara6/status...785222145?s=21

This guy. He knew u guys were from outta town and were about to blow up his spot and bang out his daughter next year at the dorms....

His daughter was safe but I did get removed from being shown secret spots list for taking a bunch of dorm rats up to the White Worm that September.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    His daughter was safe but I did get removed from being shown secret spots list for taking a bunch of dorm rats up to the White Worm that September.
    #TeamRoskie

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Goin on a feelin.
    https://g.co/kgs/afgpwr

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Goin on a feelin.
    https://g.co/kgs/afgpwr
    Which operator will be holding on to that feeling?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Finally got my youngest grom into the Big Couloir today. It's like the guy in the movie says, the skiing is the easy part. Everything else about that thing is a PITA. Oh well, mission accomplished, she's psyched.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Awesome family stoke!!!

Tram line painfully long with all this sunshine?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Finally got my youngest grom into the Big Couloir today. It's like the guy in the movie says, the skiing is the easy part. Everything else about that thing is a PITA. Oh well, mission accomplished, she's psyched.

Awesome yeahman!!! So cool! I'm glad she's psyched and I bet you are a proud papa. You should be!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Wow, Most excellent there Yeahman!!!!
    That's a big step, quite the feather in her cap.
    Yours too for that matter.

I can see Harry's place down there.
    prolly, like, a 1/4 mile away...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Awesome family stoke!!!

Tram line painfully long with all this IKON?
    FIFY
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"