Page 723 of 891 FirstFirst ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 22274
    Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Made the trek back to TP once more, couldn’t ignore the 2 feet of new and possibility for non-negative temps. And boy did it deliver once more.

Kept the camera tucked away for most the day, snow was too good.

Attachment 439671

Attachment 439672

Attachment 439673

Still, this place always has a charm that shine through in odd ways.

Attachment 439674

Attachment 439675

Wind kicked up something fierce late in the day, going from 6F to nearly 30F as we left.
    Awesome! Cool place. I've been window shopping land in choteau. sick photos!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Hoping to get the kid up there later this year and continue the mom/pop ski hill tour.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Man, every time I drive through that part of the country I’m left feeling torn. It’s undeniably gorgeous country and I’ve always been left salivating at the BC options around TP alone.

But passing through places like Augusta and Choteau is a strong reminder of the cost that comes with living in a place like that. Life on the RMF is harsh, and it always reflects on the people there. The wind alone is a tough obstacle to live with, but combine that with the hi-line landscape and it’ll drive a person mad in deep winter (or drive them into heavy substance abuse).

My hat is tipped to anyone who makes that place their home. Not sure I’d be strong enough for that lifestyle.

^^^ So very true. Everyone love to bash on Bozeman/Missoula as "not being "Real Montana" but I don't see em moving to real Montana either, TH not withstanding.

Merry New Year you maniacs.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Man, every time I drive through that part of the country I’m left feeling torn. It’s undeniably gorgeous country and I’ve always been left salivating at the BC options around TP alone.

But passing through places like Augusta and Choteau is a strong reminder of the cost that comes with living in a place like that. Life on the RMF is harsh, and it always reflects on the people there. The wind alone is a tough obstacle to live with, but combine that with the hi-line landscape and it’ll drive a person mad in deep winter (or drive them into heavy substance abuse).

My hat is tipped to anyone who makes that place their home. Not sure I’d be strong enough for that lifestyle.
    This will sound ignorant but I’ve never been to Alberta. Isn’t pretty much all of the Calgary area like that weather wise?

Good day at GD. Fun was had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ So very true. Everyone love to bash on Bozeman/Missoula as "not being "Real Montana" but I don't see em moving to real Montana either, TH not withstanding.
    I might live in old school Montana, but I ain't tough like these ranchers that come into our ER all busted up. They make all of us look like total pansy asses.

As a former resident of Rudyard, I can say I was glad to get out of the incessant wind after two years. Only thing that made leaving hard was the people, who were awesome and wholeheartedly welcomed us into their community.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Merry New Year you maniacs.
    Backatcha, B.

( I skied ( well, Not really. my neck is still f.-ed )
    with Harry this month -

we 'll do it again, when I am Less unhealthy. )

yeah ( yes ) ,
    hippy new year... !

on behalf of midwest followers, skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Super late arrival to BS today but still managed 3 tram laps after 1pm. Just awesome chargeable hero snow.

Fun day at the Big Sky. The higher density snow was butter and the skiing was effortless.

Skied a couple laps with a lurker and his wife. Good folks...and rippers. Believe they are friends with Talisman.

Then hooked up with my buddy Gerry. We ripped around for a few hours but our last lap was one of the best.

Tomorrow is rest day and chill time with family. Hope everyone has a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Fun day at the Big Sky. The higher density snow was butter and the skiing was effortless.

Skied a couple laps with a lurker and his wife. Good folks...and rippers. Believe they are friends with Talisman.

Then hooked up with my buddy Gerry. We ripped around for a few hours but our last lap was one of the best.

Tomorrow is rest day and chill time with family. Hope everyone has a good one.
    +1

FknA. skiJ

I have family visiting from the north east that wanted to try snowmobiling and are staying in big sky. I have never been before and wanted to try it before buying a sled. Could anyone give me a low down on snowmobiling in west Yellowstone? Is that the best place to go around big sky? Like everything down there is it going to be cheaper for me to just buy a sled lol.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I have family visiting from the north east that wanted to try snowmobiling and are staying in big sky. I have never been before and wanted to try it before buying a sled. Could anyone give me a low down on snowmobiling in west Yellowstone? Is that the best place to go around big sky? Like everything down there is it going to be cheaper for me to just buy a sled lol.
    There is a lurker maggot who is a manager at one of the snowmobile rental companies in West Jelly. He attended BBI-MT, good guy.

I will PM you his contact info to keep it offline.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

It has been years and years ago but we rented sleds just down the road from Big Sky. Hired a guide and told him we wanted sketch and balls to the wall. It was incredible.

Going into Yellowstone is cool but it isn't for the snowmobiling.

I'd never own a sled myself unless lived somewhere I could use it to sled ski on the regular. Renting is cheap in comparison but get the insurance for sure.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Last February I rented from here for a 4 hour window. Being a relative beginner I had a blast. Been out half a dozen times in my life.
    I’d think this would be a perfect area to ride. Trails take you out about 15 miles and then it opens up into a huge wide area to play. Just stay on the trails till the open area. My buddy didn’t listen and spent an hour digging his sled out with the shovel I had in my pack (grabbed it just in case haha) as it was real soft on the sides.
    I got the cheapest sled and it had a ton of power, more than I expected. They were super nice folk and I’d certainly go back there.

https://www.summitatr.com/new-snowmobile-rentals/

You get a free beer token per rider for the Corral Bar after you’ve been out.

Unbelievably quiet today at BS. I guess so many flights got delayed/cancelled that many families just didn't get here in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Unbelievably quiet today at BS. I guess so many flights got delayed/cancelled that many families just didn't get here in time.
    How was the skiing?

As others have said, renting is decidedly cheaper than buying as long as you get the insurance. I owned sleds while living in Red Lodge, and the repair costs associated with the first trip to Cooke easily would've covered renting a couple of weekends. I'm not saying that you're going to break as much shit and have as many mechanicals as me, but if you do, having someone else responsible for parts and labor would be a good thing.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

Those prices are way less than I thought thanks all.

How was the skiing?
    It was pretty soft. Was skiing with the GF all day so we kept it mellow. Rice Bowl laps were actually really good though. Today should be awesome. With the GF again but may have to peel off for a tram lap or two.

I’m first bucket today. But we are stuck halfway up as there is mechanical failure. Been about 20 minutes so far.

This is weird.

Got 5 on Slushmans before they closed it, presumably due to the warm-up.

Edit: wind was the claimed cause.

Excellent 2 inches of cream. Coastal cheese surf. Got heavy by 2pm with the 50 degree breeze.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221226_103344.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	439979
    Last edited by Norseman; 12-26-2022 at 04:18 PM.

I’m first bucket today. But we are stuck halfway up as there is mechanical failure. Been about 20 minutes so far.

This is weird.
    Earth calling swimmy..

For a super long time this AM it was "on hold" with neither bucket in the station. Thought that was odd.

This is weird.
    I was stuck in there for 20 minutes one time. That was plenty long enough to conjure all sorts of unpleasant thoughts. Website shows it as operating so I assume you didn't have to spend all day in there.