Page 686 of 891 FirstFirst ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... LastLast
Results 17,126 to 17,150 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    I'd second the Thunderbolt rec. - that is pretty chill for a peak ride in MT.
    When my fiancé expressed an interest in doing a bigger, more backcountry ride than our usual South Hills loops, that’s the first one I recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    I haven't ridden Curly Lake in a couple years, but last time (2019?) it was moto-fucked beyond all recognition. Pretty sad compared to what it used to be. .
    It used to be a good dirt bike ride with very few people. Then it got crowded with mountain bikers after a certain guide book came out. It's one of the few trails where i've had people try and block me and tell me i'm not allowed on it. Pretty sad compared to what it used to be.
    My Montana has an East Infection

I rode Curly Lake before that "certain guide book" was published. Matter of fact I am featured in that "certain guide book" riding to Lost Cabin on my Ellsworth Truth in around 2001/02.

Yeah, that "certain guide book" added a lot of Mountain Bikes to a trail that had been a very popular Dirt Bike ride. As the population around Bozeman has grown so has the number of mountain and dirt bikers and the trail had gotten very busy with a whole bunch of entitled assholes.

That said its not the mountain bikers that roosted all the corners and cut the tread so deep it is no longer any fun to pedal or even possible to spin a set of cranks. Even Ellie avoids it now. So it goes.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Kenny Chesney tonight at Bobcat Stadium. His stage is massive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-4168.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	421040

They've got like 20 semis and a dozen tour buses. Not my kind of music but I hope everyone has a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    Pretty sad compared to what it used to be.
    Quoted for truth. Caution though if you write or say that phrase too many times you get labeled a geezer.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    They've got like 20 semis and a dozen tour buses. Not my kind of music but I hope everyone has a good time.
    I live near the stadium and it was here when I got here, so it wins by a very, very long shot. I'm not a fan, but I very strongly believe that if you move into a place that has, oh, a stadium or a busy airport, you don't get a voting say in its existence. Can still bitch, though.

This guy's whole thing seems to be that he just says the name of the state he's in a couple times and he wins everybody over. Fuck off, Pseudo-Redneck Jesus. I can't imagine paying whatever it costs to go see a live, way-too-loud version of the exact same songs you can probably hear ten times a day on the radio. I don't claim anything about my taste in music, in fact, it's pretty bad, but this stuff is pure schlock.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Haters gonna hate. Sure it is scripted and predictable. But Kenny has so many hits it was pretty much a two hour sing along. Folks were having a blast and Bobcat Stadium is a fantastic venue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-4222.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	421112

I very much doubt that this will be the last outdoor concert at Bobcat stadium and yes, it is a nice venue.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Haha this thread turned into Phishhook (actually probably more like phantasytour) I love it.

Glad you had fun Mr. Swimmy. Town was crazy yesterday

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    Haha this thread turned into Phishhook (actually probably more like phantasytour) I love it.
    Speaking of phantasytour, I was representing Mike Houser Widepread Panic. Only a handful of folks understood the t-shirt.

Attachment 421117

Half of the folks there looked like the just walked out of Murdochs. Never seen so many brand new cowboy boots, wranglers, and King Ropes - Sheridan, WY hats.

Haha I bet Murdoch's is killing it these days.

Just saw Bridger Brewing is building a new taproom and grill at the Three Forks exit, kinda near Wheat Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Haha I bet Murdoch's is killing it these days.

Just saw Bridger Brewing is building a new taproom and grill at the Three Forks exit, kinda near Wheat Montana.
    Faux cowboy. So hot right now.

They’ve been “building” it since before the pandemic. I think it’s a concert venue as well.

Huh, never noticed till now. They got the sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post

Glad you had fun Mr. Swimmy. Town was crazy yesterday

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
    It's summer, gotta stay entertained somehow! And, hey, it's not as bad as PT just yet...
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Faux cowboy. So hot right now.

They’ve been “building” it since before the pandemic. I think it’s a concert venue as well.
    Yeah, this has been in the works for a long time. Looks close to opening now.

Yeah, I thought this was common knowledge.

Now what's to come of 406? Are they well and truly done? I thought they were reopening in Manhattan or Three Forks or something.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Favorite internal medicine doc at Deaconess? Been going to E. Main medical for past 5 years and they recommend I get someone up from an urgent care type doc for some stuff I have going on. I guess it takes 3-4 months to see anyone up there though.

Can you get a referral from your MD? Typically a referral moves you up the list to a couple of weeks versus months. If given a choice select the doctor with the smallest diameter fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Favorite internal medicine doc at Deaconess? Been going to E. Main medical for past 5 years and they recommend I get someone up from an urgent care type doc for some stuff I have going on. I guess it takes 3-4 months to see anyone up there though.

Nurses and whatnot gave you recs for an ortho, they don't do GP's?

Not Roberts at Bozeman Clinic. Entirely unhelpful and terrible about following up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Nurses and whatnot gave you recs for an ortho, they don't do GP's?
    My urgent care PA did not set me up with my ortho. That was my physical therapist/friend and another friend who is also a surgical nurse in town.

This is for my ongoing long covid shit, weird chest/lung pains since January. I am going to see a cardiologist but they also said I might as well start seeing a regular internal MD too.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Not Roberts at Bozeman Clinic. Entirely unhelpful and terrible about following up.

x2

Anybody have camping recommendations along the route from Idaho Falls to Whitefish? Heading up tomorrow night for Under the Big Sky festival.

Ideally would like to find some easily accessible BLM land similar to what’s around Last Chance/Island Park. There’s also a chance I send it all the way to Kalispell/Whitefish.

Swan Lake looks like it may be promising… Anyways, feel free to PM if you don’t want to share with the public. Will just be the lady and I.