Page 506 of 891 FirstFirst ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... LastLast
Results 12,626 to 12,650 of 22264
    For the Helena/GD folks, I drew this last year. Hoping to get some quality vinyl 3x5” stickers made soon. Probably have plenty of leftovers if anyone is interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99A7A493-4F0A-44FD-A36D-66A536340161.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	350830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAC71BAF-2C0A-480B-A816-75CA9971F8B4.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	350831  

A single montana thread would make sense. I never hear shit about whitefish/snowbowl/discovery but its all within driving distance and never see them talked about in the PNW thread. Its understandable that most of the discussion would be big sky and bridger but we are all in the same place pretty much. It helps to get a good idea on what to drive to each weekend.

Colorado is far less driveable between wolf creek and the front range but they are one thread.

Thanks for the update Bobby

I say we call call it “the Montana super thread - More Stoke, Less Bitching” and keep it that way!

I would hate to lost a thread that is rapidly closing in on 2 million views.

Maybe the OP could ask the Mod Team pretty please to change the title?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Seconded.

Johnny Come Lately?

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Johnny Come Lately?
    Nah, something more along the lines of what is suggested above.

general MT Stoke thread
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Ran into Yeahman today as patrol was opening up Chrons bootpack. We hiked it cause why not, right? Very dense and grabby snow. But it was skiing and the sun was shining. Nice day at the Big. Needs to snow BAAAAD though. Dirt poking through on the groomers under swifty now. A couple football sized rocks too lol. #2020 #LANINAISAJOKE #ULLRISPISSED

I think a Central MT thread would make sense. Great Divide, Showdown, Teton Pass, might as well throw Disco and Maverick in there, and of course don't forget Bearpaw Ski Bowl. And all the associated obscure backcountry. Probably leave NW MT to start their own thread since it is certainly a worthy zone. Toast2266?! I'll start the Central thread if nobody else wants to.

WRG in Cron's today. Not sure how he manages to make such a splash on windboard crust. Must be a pro. Nice to see ya mang.

Almost forgot. I was up at MLB and noticed Challenger was running and there were a lot of tracks down Moonlight. Fastlane to the bottom of the chair was probably interesting as hell.

Friend said they opened it and was pretty good while it lasted.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Good to see you yeahman. Thanks for the pic! Sure didn't feel as good as the pic looks haha.

Almost forgot. I was up at MLB and noticed Challenger was running and there were a lot of tracks down Moonlight. Fastlane to the bottom of the chair was probably interesting as hell.

Friend said they opened it and was pretty good while it lasted.
    Saw you coming down the canyon as I was heading up. I saw challenger moving and almost headed over there.

Probably go back up tomorrow. Even low tide skiing is fun when the sun is shining.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Seconded.
    Agree with this. Change the thread title to take out the “SW”. Make it an all-Montana thread. Leave the 2012 in there because I think it is cool that our thread endures. Tons of good info deep in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but if anyone is headed from the Flathead to Bozeman in the next couple of weeks, I have a pair of skis that need transport. I’d rather not ship them if I don’t have to.

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    I hope they ease up the uphill travel restrictions with an RFID system in place.
    Not going to happen this year or anytime soon. The BB lease doesn’t allow it.

Wow, I suck at this. I posted some replies earlier that aren't showing up. Any way thanks for the welcome guys!

Toasty and Concealed, would love to get out with you guys sometime. I'm running up to Flescher/Stemple area in the morning for a quick lap or two. As far as GD I'm going to be skiing with my daughter up there a bit while she is home from school. Concealed unfortunately I don't have anything with a throttle that goes in the snow. A a sled is highly unlikely in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by driftr View Post
    Wow, I suck at this. I posted some replies earlier that aren't showing up. Any way thanks for the welcome guys!

Toasty and Concealed, would love to get out with you guys sometime. I'm running up to Flescher/Stemple area in the morning for a quick lap or two. As far as GD I'm going to be skiing with my daughter up there a bit while she is home from school. Concealed unfortunately I don't have anything with a throttle that goes in the snow. A a sled is highly unlikely in my future.
    Bummer, I work tomorrow but am off the 4 days after. Let me know how the conditions are on flesher or stemple. It looked very skiiable a few days ago and I think they got another 4 or so inches. I was able to ski a quick line at Rogers pass with no issue a week ago.

Seconded on a Stemple report. TIA

[QUOTE=Harry;6153122]Agree with this. Change the thread title to take out the “SW”. Make it an all-Montana thread. Leave the 2012 in there because I think it is cool that our thread endures. Tons of good info deep in this thread.

Ditto. This one seems to have killed off the “Bridger only” thread. It should live on in infamy. We can’t move on from guys like Tone Capone. He posted the best pics.
    And since you guys are cool with adding in some central MT stuff, all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I never hear shit about whitefish/snowbowl/discovery.
    can't speak for snobowl/disco. all i know is the mgmt sucks at snobowl and maybe just lack of mags who post regularly that ski disco

whitefish is pretty boring by tgr standards, yeah its a big area and "a lot" of people ski there but its pretty laid back. there is very little terrain that would be considered gnarly by folks who post here and daily updates would be - it snowed 4" last night and was foggy so i skied the trees

that said the sidecountry access is decent and if you have a sled and someone who knows the backcountry there is some good stuff to be had. flathead avy center does a pretty good job updating their website (in season) and there is some really good stuff between west glacier and marias pass

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    can't speak for snobowl/disco. all i know is the mgmt sucks at snobowl and maybe just lack of mags who post regularly that ski disco

whitefish is pretty boring by tgr standards, yeah its a big area and "a lot" of people ski there but its pretty laid back. there is very little terrain that would be considered gnarly by folks who post here and daily updates would be - it snowed 4" last night and was foggy so i skied the trees

that said the sidecountry access is decent and if you have a sled and someone who knows the backcountry there is some good stuff to be had. flathead avy center does a pretty good job updating their website (in season) and there is some really good stuff between west glacier and marias pass
    Oh that makes sense. I just thought I would hear at least one or two people touring it early season or talking about their regulations. I thought they absolutely got dumped on and were up there with big sky/bridger for best MT resorts. Thats why this thread rocks I learn new shit every day.

I just thought I would hear at least one or two people touring it early season or talking about their regulations.
    early season here can be hit or miss, last year i didn't skin at all pre season. not for lack of snow it just didn't line up with my schedule. this year we did get good snow in oct/nov but now is low tide, tap is off. ive been up three times and the last was firm sun baked frozen, very little snow since then

as far as regulations go their website explains it kinda okay, its confusing. basically public land/all open til two weeks before opening/after closing. in those two weeks one can only skin up one designated route during the day and supposedly only down the same route. after 4pm its wide open

interesting note new for this year you have to pay to hike up during wmr's season. like $10 a day but its included with a season pass

We should definitely get the "sw" off the title and go full state. The old rants n photos r too good to lose as well. 2012 was a long time ago...

Skiing at ole bb was bad ass on Tuesday just after the snow, then as one would guess, the downhill winds got it yesterday and slabbed it up. Still pretty good in the am though.

Went for my first sunrise shred of the year and saw lots of familiar faces. Stoked that with a the growth in town and in the bc, u can still expect to see the regulars.

Track packed all lower mtn yesterday, so at least well have that next Friday. Upper is still veerryyyyy thin anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Some beautiful shots there Jimbo.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 12-03-2020 at 06:45 PM.

A single montana thread would make sense. I never hear shit about whitefish/snowbowl/discovery
    Snowbowl has its own thread that is generally extremely lacking in stoke. Quite a bit of Disco/Lookout/Lost Trail talk in there too.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...in-in-Missoula