Page 661 of 891 FirstFirst ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,525 of 22274
    They groom and track set the 20 or so k of park roads. Free, parking there free.The hills across the street have more vert. The mighty blizzard ski resort also. Neat area. Also a hot soak 10 min down the road, free. 30 sec walk from the Rd

Very interested ski/xc Mountains of the Moon and the price is right too! byates thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    They groom and track set the 20 or so k of park roads. Free, parking there free.The hills across the street have more vert. The mighty blizzard ski resort also. Neat area. Also a hot soak 10 min down the road, free. 30 sec walk from the Rd

Great tram skiing today on soft hero snow, but holy crap it was warm. Doesn't feel like we have a month left.

Bad accident in Great Falls needed LifeFlight. Closed all special access for the day.

Just heard from a friend back east that it was her friend and he did not survive...damn. RIP

Great Falls has always kind of bothered me. It looks so good but the reef is always just below the surface and there are several no-fall zones.

Sorry to hear that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah it's kind of weird over there. I go in there a few times a year because I like the setting, but the skiing is rarely as good as Rips/Tears/Direct.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Goat stoke

That's the season for me, time to get some things done around the house for the next week then hit yurp for most of April.

Here's to big storms early and often next winter.

Wow, BS is in rough shape at lower elevations. No way they make it to mid April at this rate. Mtb season has begun. Any beta from Helena trails?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10 View Post
    Wow, BS is in rough shape at lower elevations. No way they make it to mid April at this rate. Mtb season has begun. Any beta from Helena trails?
    Everything I have ridden has been good to go except some of the north facing stuff towards the top of mt helena.

Long range Fcst isn't real promising. You can bet your ass that if they close early it will start snowing soon after. At least I hope so.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Local trail groups are still pushing people toward the Scratchgravels till stuff dries out, but sounds like toastybroski has been riding the south hills and finding stuff dry so maybe that time is past.

Name:  fb.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just heard from a friend back east that it was her friend and he did not survive...damn. RIP
    I’ve been trying to find some more details about this accident. Chandler was a former (high school) student of my wife. She was crushed to hear about this…He was a really great young guy who was living his dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    You can bet your ass that if they close early it will start snowing soon after. At least I hope so.
    I will be working out of state after April 1, so expect abundant snow storms and epic mid winter conditions with no crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by savemeasammy View Post
    I’ve been trying to find some more details about this accident. Chandler was a former (high school) student of my wife. She was crushed to hear about this…He was a really great young guy who was living his dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I hear from my friend who was Chandler's friend, he was in lower Great Falls and somehow fell and broke his neck (C4). Ski patrol tried unsuccessfully to revive him but could not. Just a weird unfortunate accident. Very accomplished snowboarder who was a level 3 instructor at Big Sky and lived in Belgrade. He grew up at Pat's Peak ski area in NH, where his dad was food & beverage manager for many years. The ski area posted a memorium today on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/20008463809...9852017863810/

A few details in the news:https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/sn...all-in-big-sky

From what I hear from my friend who was Chandler's friend, he was in lower Great Falls and somehow fell and broke his neck (C4). Ski patrol tried unsuccessfully to revive him but could not. Just a weird unfortunate accident. Very accomplished snowboarder who was a level 3 instructor at Big Sky and lived in Belgrade. He grew up at Pat's Peak ski area in NH, where his dad was food & beverage manager for many years. The ski area posted a memorium today on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/20008463809...9852017863810/

RIP

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Name:  fb.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  82.8 KB
    Heh, I know Cole.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Heading to Big Sky with a friends today. Not ready for the season to be over

Swimmy are you competing in the Dirt Bag on Cron's today? Great spring conditions at Big Scree today but the rocks, stumps and dirt are poking through in places.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Heading to Big Sky with a friends today.

Did somebody say dirt?

At least those thinning slopes are not crowded!

Did somebody say dirt?