Page 685 of 891 FirstFirst ... 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,125 of 22262

http://www.wadelake.com/boatRental.html
    Would rent a boat from these guys occasionally 20 yrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    http://www.wadelake.com/boatRental.html
    Would rent a boat from these guys occasionally 20 yrs ago
    I'll be on the other lake in a couple weeks spreading my pops ashes. Last place we got to fish together.

If I was taking out a gear/bait guy I'd hit some flat water with something more than just trout(although that's plenty fine by me).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Happy 4th Weekend, ye old and crusty Maggots of Montana.

I’ve got some days off here and there in July. Looking for folks who might want to pedal a bike or hike up a mountain.

Trying to get some rope work back under my belt, but it’s not my forte.

Probably going to hit up spire and stare at some butts for a while while I remember how to set up my ATC.

Stoked to pedal some backcountry rides, however!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone missing this or know someone that is? Came across it fishing the Gallatin today. Off some side channel. Left it there but could pass on where it’s at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5919.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	420540

Name:	IMG_5918.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	420541

Also, big thanks to Greasyslope for hooking up a dog kennel for my trip! Solid.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Happy 4th Weekend, ye old and crusty Maggots of Montana.

I’ve got some days off here and there in July. Looking for folks who might want to pedal a bike or hike up a mountain.

Trying to get some rope work back under my belt, but it’s not my forte.

Probably going to hit up spire and stare at some butts for a while while I remember how to set up my ATC.

Stoked to pedal some backcountry rides, however!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Was good seeing you the other day dude. If I could ride anything fun I would say lets get out and spin. Soonish maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Anyone missing this or know someone that is? Came across it fishing the Gallatin today. Off some side channel. Left it there but could pass on where it’s at.

Name:	IMG_5919.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	420540

Name:	IMG_5918.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	420541

Also, big thanks to Greasyslope for hooking up a dog kennel for my trip! Solid.
    Is it a kayaker missing a kayak or a kayak missing a kayaker?
    swing your fucking sword.

Speaking of old and crusty, does anyone have a 'Did you move here to be in a hurry?' sticker kicking around?

^ I'm looking for the "monfuckintana high wide and handsome" sticker as well..

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Speaking of old and crusty, does anyone have a 'Did you move here to be in a hurry?' sticker kicking around?
    That 'Did you move here to be in a hurry?' saying, maybe not word-for-word, was painted on the back of a Clark Griswold station wagon that drove all around Bozeman for many years - or am I mansplaining something that everyone knows already? Maybe. Either way I hated that guy. When I wasn't in a hurry, which was most of the time, I biked everywhere no matter the weather. (well OK after 8 years I got a 'nice' car so then I drove a lot) If I was in a hurry, I'd drive instead and sometimes be caught behind that chubby old station wagon guy who drove wayyyyy below the 25mph speed limit and I really, really wished he was a biker to know what the phrase he wrote on his back door really meant.

Anyways, without that context, it's a good bumper sticker, ha.

I got my "Did ya move here" Sticker from Albert when he was still at Ale-works. Maybe drop by the Mint and ask nicely.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Don't see any of those stickers driving to Harlow town. You'd better be going over 90 on 191 or granny will put you in the ditch for going too slow.

^ I'm working for that guy now. Nice guy. Good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I got my "Did ya move here" Sticker from Albert when he was still at Ale-works. Maybe drop by the Mint and ask nicely.
    Great, thank you. That is something that can happen.

muted, I was unaware and appreciate the story. No mansplaining around these parts.

Can any mags suggest some rides outside of the Helena area? I’ve been working on stamina and can pretty comfortable do up to about 2500 vert. Just looking for a change of pace from the same old Helena trails or maybe some alpine.

A couple on the list:
    Roger pass to flesher pass
    Bear trap gulch up by York
    Strawberry butte (completed, rough climb)
    Casey peak
    Copper city

What am I missing?

Mac Pass to Switchback Ridge

Thunderbolt Mtn by Basin

Muskrat Creek trail in the Elkhorns. Never done it.

They are working on a new trail up the Little Blackfoot starting from Kading campground and connecting to the CDT but I don't think it's completed yet.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Small fire on Garnet. Anyone heard any updates?
    It was pretty much a cluster of ~5 trees growing in some rock scree that torched out from a dry lightning strike. All wrapped up now. Very little ground fire as everything is still too moist to carry fire.

We've had a few other single tree fires (Chestnut, Leverich, Big Sky) over the last few days from all of the lightning. Mostly bigger dry snags. Unless things really take an unexpected turn for the remainder of the summer I would expect a pretty low-key to moderate fire season locally

Quote Originally Posted by nickpdx View Post
    Unless things really take an unexpected turn for the remainder of the summer I would expect a pretty low-key to moderate fire season locally
    Don't fucking write that! Don't say it out loud!
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Can any mags suggest some rides outside of the Helena area? I’ve been working on stamina and can pretty comfortable do up to about 2500 vert. Just looking for a change of pace from the same old Helena trails or maybe some alpine.

A couple on the list:
    Casey peak
    Copper city

What am I missing?
    Muskrat is awesome

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/muskrat-creek/

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Mac Pass to Switchback Ridge

Thunderbolt Mtn by Basin

Muskrat Creek trail in the Elkhorns. Never done it.

They are working on a new trail up the Little Blackfoot starting from Kading campground and connecting to the CDT but I don't think it's completed yet.
    All of these. But I consider all of them “Helena area”. Also Hanging Valley was a classic that nobody does anymore since Beartrap went in. Kading just needed some raking, but I haven’t seen it since last summer. You can also make a loop with Larabee Gulch over there.

Muskrat is probably my favorite descent and least favorite climb- for the same reason.

Casey Peak is worth doing, although you’ll push or carry your bike.

Go down to the Tobacco Roots and ride Curly (3,500 climbing) or Lost Cabin Lake. Those are classics.

Never rode Hanging Valley but it is a really cool hike and would surely make for an excellent ride.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post

A couple on the list:
    Casey peak
    Copper city

What am I missing?
    Butte area CDT rides are great. Check out the riding from the Nez Perce or Lowland TH's if you're coming from Helena. Also Maude S to the CDT is a hard climb, fun downhill ride.

I haven't ridden Curly Lake in a couple years, but last time (2019?) it was moto-fucked beyond all recognition. Pretty sad compared to what it used to be. A moto dude even spilled his beer on us on the summit - ha. Have they fixed it up in the last couple years? I swore I would never go back. Lost Cabin is still super fun though. I think you could make a fun day out of doing Lost Cabin and then a loop with Curly Creek as your descent instead of the big ride. Not sure on what kind of shape Curly Creek is in. Hollowtop Lake is also pretty fun if you are into the super chunk. I'd second the Thunderbolt rec. - that is pretty chill for a peak ride in MT.