Page 747 of 885 FirstFirst ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 ... LastLast
Results 18,651 to 18,675 of 22120
    Lone peak trams this afternoon were great. Great snow on gullies and couloir
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77741D4D-8981-4443-9BDC-7D728FC11AC5.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	641.4 KB 
ID:	445859

I took a couple of guests on the tram for their first time today. 2 of the 3 were a little freaked out (scared of heights) and weren't interested in seconds.

Liberty was just starting to get buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    got word it is in fact mechanical and not sounding good...
    4pm snow report says that the lift is fixed.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Do you need wider and longer skis to get float with the weight of so many "followers" on your shoulders?
    I only need about 90 underfoot for my massive "following" lol.

this popped up today

https://youtu.be/f896Bsukqi0
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Visiting for a few days this week, ripping around BS in a big family crew with 7 kooks. Can confirm afternoon tram laps yesterday were Le tits… The buff and refresh is real!

Stoke is high, hoping tram lines are the same again. Will try and track down a few pics - too much skiing, not much photo action.

Wasn't that Chinese spy balloon over MT all about finding out about your "secrets?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I only need about 90 underfoot for my massive "following" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Visiting for a few days this week, ripping around BS in a big family crew with 7 kooks. Can confirm afternoon tram laps yesterday were Le tits… The buff and refresh is real! .
    Glad to hear is well for ya out there. Seems every time I do BS it's boilerplate.

Keeping it real front row main lot today waiting for the eventual flow to return, forecast is promising meaning potential tours this weekend to avoid the preamble to another govy 500.

How bout a couple fkin pics?!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Pretty damn fun straight gangbanging those trees mercilessly w a legit crew today. Damn I have missed that. Here’s to more tomorrow!

OG Mohshishid:

Attachment 444833

Attachment 444835

Attachment 444836

Attachment 444839

Many thanks to the whole gang for showing me around today ! That challenger lap was :fingerstache:…

FknA

skiJ

Sorry for the real gaper question but how hard is the big couloir really?

Not hard, just don't fall.

Seriously though, I'd be happy to ski it with you if you need a partner. Has to be a weekday though since I can't ski weekends.

You mean difficult, right?

Go with someone like YM and don't think about that video. Try and get a slot when its good vis.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A pretty simple way to look at it is if you're comfortable skiing the Gullies you should have no problem with the Big Couloir.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    A pretty simple way to look at it is if you're comfortable skiing the Gullies you should have no problem with the Big Couloir.
    I have never found anything I haven't been able to ski... yet. The only real comparison I have is the steep gullies at a-basin, and the first couple of headwaters chutes. I will be there for a week at the end of the month so I might take you up on that. That fall video freaked me out quite a bit.

I have only skied liberty up there and it was shit visibility and snow. Weekdays only for me as well.

Damn you Montana mags talk a lot haha. Inland north west is dead compared to here. Anyway, thanks for the heads up about chairs at whitefish. We are packed and ready to go, just waiting for my gf to get out of her doctors appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I have never found anything I haven't been able to ski... yet. The only real comparison I have is the steep gullies at a-basin, and the first couple of headwaters chutes. I will be there for a week at the end of the month so I might take you up on that. That fall video freaked me out quite a bit.

I have only skied liberty up there and it was shit visibility and snow. Weekdays only for me as well.
    I'd say big couloir is easier than a lot of the headwaters stuff. It doesn't really choke down at all. As long as conditions are at least edgeable, BC isn't that gnarly aside from maybe some minor weirdness at the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'd say big couloir is easier than a lot of the headwaters stuff. It doesn't really choke down at all. As long as conditions are at least edgeable, BC isn't that gnarly aside from maybe some minor weirdness at the entrance.
    I agree with this, and will add that when I last skied it in early January, the entrance weirdness was quite minimal. It's pretty filled in and straightforward.

If you need a partner you can PM me. I mostly ski Saturdays, but I'm up there on other random days when the snow is good.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Does patrol also offer to partner up if you get desperate and bring them a 6 pack?

If you are at all as nice IRL you should have no problems, especially if you book a spot and need a partner.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

If it's a down day then patrol is not hard to convince to do a couloir lap. But you can't count on it because they can get busy even on an uncrowded day. Plenty of mags on here to partner with. Or just ask in the tram line if anybody wants to do it. If all else fails patrol might bail you out and ski it with you. I've done it with patrol more than once.

Toast is right that most Headwaters chutes are more difficult than the couloir, nonetheless I suggest you lap Lenin/Marx/Gullies a few times before doing the couloir. Just my opinion though, plenty of people show up and jump right in. But patrol might ask you if you've skied anything else up there before they agree to ski it with you, and if all you've skied is Liberty, well...

Extremely high vibe day at the Skree. Tram line was manageable and downright short at times. Otter > Lenin was skiing super good. Did a Couloir lap with my new friend Pete (longtime BS guy.....absolute ripper). Real nice snow.

Casey Bloomer sets new record with 34 ridge hikes yesterday. Hard to even comprehend. I'm usually tired after 3.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Casey Bloomer sets new record with 34 ridge hikes yesterday. Hard to even comprehend. I'm usually tired after 3.
    I think I did 15 once in college, 34 is pretty awesome. What is it like 400’ hike? Can’t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    That's mental.

13.5 thousand vert. 400' at a time. Damn son.