Page 704 of 891 FirstFirst ... 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... LastLast
Results 17,576 to 17,600 of 22261
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Afternoon gaper lap to south bowl. Surprisingly deep and soft at 3:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    I'm also going to bring my skins and hope to be able to run a few laps up to the top if they let you do that.
    They don't allow uphill when the ski area is operating, and their website says uphill travel is closed from Saturday morning until Sunday after skiing so the crew can work on the mountain. Whether or not that includes terrain above the operating lift, I can't say. But if you bring your skins, you could go up around the corner on the road from the parking lot a couple hundred yards and there's a parking area where you can skin up the Marysville Drift if you're so inclined. I've seen tracks up there recently. Actually you can hike over there from the mid-mountain lodge as well.

BTW they are now starting the chair at 8:45 a.m. Saturday, probably to beat Lookout in being first in Montana to open. lol. Could be a shitshow, I don't know.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    They don't allow uphill when the ski area is operating, and their website says uphill travel is closed from Saturday morning until Sunday after skiing so the crew can work on the mountain. Whether or not that includes terrain above the operating lift, I can't say. But if you bring your skins, you could go up around the corner on the road from the parking lot a couple hundred yards and there's a parking area where you can skin up the Marysville Drift if you're so inclined. I've seen tracks up there recently. Actually you can hike over there from the mid-mountain lodge as well.

BTW they are now starting the chair at 8:45 a.m. Saturday, probably to beat Lookout in being first in Montana to open. lol. Could be a shitshow, I don't know.
    Last year they allowed uphill travel to the top of Belmont when they were only running good luck. It’s hit or miss just depends on the day. Bottom to top uphill is closed for the weekend though.

Pretty good out there today. The hordes were getting after it but managed to find some good pow, especially after this run. It’s a scene for sure but still a great place to be a skier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips on great divide. Kinda stoked to check out the drift if I get the chance. If not just enjoy the day and some music. One thing I’ve been thinking about. Got some kids that are pretty into freeride. I think we got some cool mountains that would be sick for having some community freeride contests. The IFSA stuff is crazy expensive. Would love to see MT have a community series where we could have 4 or 5 events every year that were all chill like the lost trail event. We got some great skiers in MT that would be into it I gotta think. I don’t even know how you begin something like that. But just hate to see the sport be so exclusive. I think we have such a great history of free skiing in this state. That mavericks movie is super inspiring. I’d love to see a mini MT tour where we could have an event at Bridger, Disco, Lost Trail, Snowbowl. How do you do that? Anybody at those mountains into making that happen once a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I know that guy....

The 500 acres is very Challengeresque type terrain and northeast facing
    I looked at the maps and it seems to me that there will be no more road public access to the sweetgrass drainage, only a 20 mile low foothills traverse trail if the deal goes through.....?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

I declined the free donut.

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    I looked at the maps and it seems to me that there will be no more road public access to the sweetgrass drainage, only a 20 mile low foothills traverse trail if the deal goes through.....?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Pretty much. This deal will give the Y/C some good skiing and that is about it. I will comment but it won't be favorable.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Does dukeannoy lurk here?

No idea
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Kind of surprised Great Divide only has one run open. I've skied there when the whole mountain was open with less snow than they have today. Guess the current owners are more cautious compared to the old owners.

^^Agree, although they weren't stopping people from skiing Belmont Bowl. Seemed unconsolidated and the coverage looked better than it actually is IMO. Could not believe how many people showed up. I only stayed long enough to do a few laps and give my second row parking spot to my kid and her friends when they showed up. Lot was packed and cars were still just streaming up the road. Talked to folks from all over the state. People are jonesing! Lift broke for 30 minutes when I was on it. Heard the new mountain manager came from Big Sky so that checks out lol. JK.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Big Sky Backcountry getting hit hard today! But good for those who are stoking.

-9 degrees in Yellowstone today when we booted up, and had a glorious full day skiing some very light powder.

Coverage seems best in Beehive, where I measured 80-90cm on Thursday. Little less than 60cm down in the park.

Yes, a good bushwhack was had, and is standard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3246.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	433694

Name:	IMG_3255.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	433695

Name:	IMG_3259.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	433697

Name:	IMG_3234.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	902.1 KB 
ID:	433698

Name:	IMG_3239.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	433699

ESPN COLLEGE GAME DAY COMING TO BOZEMAN!!

Brawl of the wild, this is going to be awesome.

Well good exposure for MSU & MT, but now it won't be on ESPN+ and I need to get ESPN2 or whatever.... hashtag first world problems.

Go Griz!

Good times spinning a few laps with byates1 today!

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Well good exposure for MSU & MT, but now it won't be on ESPN+ and I need to get ESPN2 or whatever.... hashtag first world problems.

Go Griz!
    It will still be on espn+ , just because gameday is there doesn't mean it gets bumped up to a main channel.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

yeahman!!

Schweet!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

So the stupid rumor I heard today: Big Sky is opening a week early. I'll believe it when I see it.

Motley Crew.

Motley Crew.
    Looks like Tommy and Nikki 4 sure....

Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 07-01-58 Big Sky Resort Big Sky MT.png
Views: 766
Size:  11.5 KB

From banner on this am website. Patrol is in the middle of training so I would venture that the rumor is just that. ETA: Spoke with someone on the inside, just another rumor.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 11-14-2022 at 01:53 PM.

Word I got is they are opening Big Sky one day early, Nov. 23.

^ also confirmed by a buddy who works there

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Guess we will see but that would work for me, time to tune and wax.