Page 523 of 890 FirstFirst ... 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,075 of 22244
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sweet. At least it's open. Looks decent.

Attachment 355989

I'll be at BS Sun/Mon, hoping for uncrowded leftovers. Anybody know if they put in the bootpack up Liberty yet? Website shows it's been open.
    I heard it is open, although when I skied down this afternoon I sure didn't see where it was. Vis was hit or miss. Coverage up top was surprisingly good. Traverse all the way through bottom of Liberty I hit zero rocks. We skied down to Shredhorn to avoid long traverse to the base......no surprise coverage below the Yurt was BAAAAAAAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I heard it is open, although when I skied down this afternoon I sure didn't see where it was. Vis was hit or miss. Coverage up top was surprisingly good. Traverse all the way through bottom of Liberty I hit zero rocks. We skied down to Shredhorn to avoid long traverse to the base......no surprise coverage below the Yurt was BAAAAAAAD.
    So you rode the tram? Half capacity as they said? How was the line?

Yes, we rode the hot box. 10 people per bucket. Line took longer than it looked in the maze. Was like 45+ mins.

A vast understatement! Where is everyone? Lines that are typically tracked by 10:00 AM were still fresh at 1:00 PM.
    The Blue-Out ends today. I may make the drive down tomorrow if only to get away from my screen for a while.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The Blue-Out ends today. I may make the drive down tomorrow if only to get away from my screen for a while.
    Be aware that six shooter had a line when other lifts were ski on including swifty, el ocho and rock seeker. In case you get nostalgic Obsidian (rocky throat), Don't Tell Mama and other bowl lines further out on the traverse. Expect snow as I am on the road for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post

It’s like dragging your dick through a hallway of broken glass.
    This is one of the best lines to come out of the forums in a long time!

Thanks for the pics superior!

Went down to cookie for the last few days. Did not disappoint.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Bridger was pretty sick today too. 1 inch of 12% skied great. Got to get away from my pack of 8 - 11 year olds for a few hours this morning - Bridger laps were great. Made it to Slushmans for a few and had a couple really nice runs down north facing Mundy's from bathtub. Definitely got going too fast on the second one and blew up - oh well. Pretty fun. Still pretty sketch on Slushman lift line, better down low then up high.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1058.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	356020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1051.jpg 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	356021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg 
Size:	642.6 KB 
ID:	356022

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    This is one of the best lines to come out of the forums in a long time!

Thanks for the pics superior!

Went down to cookie for the last few days. Did not disappoint.
    Dude, that's a steep skin track! Cooke City seems like the place to be, I've gotta get myself down there soon.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

I showed some hicks from Georgia around the mtn. Snow was surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Dude, that's a steep skin track! Cooke City seems like the place to be, I've gotta get myself down there soon.
    Im on a jihad against switchbacks....
    Shit, we want to get UP the mtn, not zig zag all the fuck across the shit. Less switchy, more sticky is what I'm sayin.

Cooke is definitely awesome right now, but tons of ppl, rightly so. And regardless of what the avy center says, there is definitely some shit to be worried about in the mid and low elevations. Upper is bomber, low down, not so much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

The trip up to Lookout Pass today was a remedial lesson in skiing cascade concrete. Drive up was fairly easy, minus the 3 semis stuck in the right line (sans chains) that thought they could sneak over the pass.

Name:	IMG_9622.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	300.6 KB 
ID:	356160

Crowds and lines were very good, and were really manageable as the day went on. Never felt too crowded, so props to the mountain ops for that.

Name:	IMG_9624.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	356163

Storm total was over a foot, and boy the snowpack just loved to remind you of it. Quads, hamstrings, and calves were all working overtime today. Had to roll backseat at times through the trees, but temps held on enough to keep it manageable.

Name:	IMG_9632.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	329.4 KB 
ID:	356164

But holy cow- the disparity of winter was on full display during the drive back. The storms that dumped on the MT/ID border just fizzled our completely. Like the mtns just shredded them to pieces. The low country just doesn’t feel like it’s had a proper taste of winter yet. The difference is palatable, but it at least was good to get some winter in again.

Liberty Bowl laps were awesome on evolving windbuff today. Damn that was fun. And the line for the pox box was short. Also saw nest in the Levinsky lot at the end of the day and we drank a SD beer while it fucking nuked on us. Now it's stopped though.

Looks like Yeahman got after it ^^^^ that's a damn nice looking line for the pox box lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Thank you for the kind words Harry! This was a tough day made more complicated by not being with him at the end. My kid brother was a big dude that lived life in a large way.

Point Salines Grenada 1983

Attachment 355627
    Sorry friend

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Got the sleds out today. Found an area that actually felt like winter.

I'm still learning but felt like I turned a corner today. Just didn't have to fight it as much.

Oh yeah, and we found the white room.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    The trip up to Lookout Pass today ...
    How is Lookout? I've never been and Mrs Griz is a solid blue skier. Seems like a perfect place from Missoula (Disco as well). The projected winds scared me away today. I need to quit thinking of excuses to not go...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    How is Lookout? I've never been and Mrs Griz is a solid blue skier. Seems like a perfect place from Missoula (Disco as well). The projected winds scared me away today. I need to quit thinking of excuses to not go...
    As a day trip, it can be great. The mountain is made to ski powder, and if there isn't any it'll get old in about a day. But it's a nicely-pitched mountain with something for everyone. Good atmosphere, cheap, and it's on west coast time so you got the hour difference as a benefit. I bet you'd enjoy a visit.

Anyone headed from Kalispell to Missoula in the next week or two who could grab a kid-sized whitewater kayak?

Ass, gas, or grass for trade. Ok...maybe $$ or beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Fun little hill. Not sure how it is these days, but even on big pow days, it never got all that busy there. I skied plenty of 20" storms with very modest lift lines. I also remember there being some fun lines just out of bounds that held pow all day and were easily lapped from the lift. They also have some great deals (Thursdays = 2 tickets for $68 total). It used to be even cheaper.

Definitely worth the drive when they have fresh snow.

^^^ What happened to the BIG expansion plans at LO?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Thank you for the kind words Harry! This was a tough day made more complicated by not being with him at the end. My kid brother was a big dude that lived life in a large way.

Point Salines Grenada 1983

Attachment 355627
    dang -

Condolences, Talisman ( and Family) !

I hope you and your brother had Time earlier ( and made plans for the afterlife If you chose to - )

Condolences And
    I Am Sorry -

With love. tj

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ What happened to the BIG expansion plans at LO?
    Two more years for Phase I:

"Lookout Pass operates under a USFS Special Use Permit. The ski area will soon be doubling in size and growing to 1,650ft vertical and 1,023 acres as the USFS approved the mountain's expansion plans back in May 2017. The road to the summit of Eagle Peak and a few connector trails were constructed over summer 2019 along with some logging of the new trails. All other trails have been marked in conjunction with Forest Service over the summer of 2020 and will be cut in summer 2021. Lift instalation planned for summer 2022!"

https://skilookout.com/trail-map

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Two more years for Phase I:

"Lookout Pass operates under a USFS Special Use Permit. The ski area will soon be doubling in size and growing to 1,650ft vertical and 1,023 acres as the USFS approved the mountain's expansion plans back in May 2017. The road to the summit of Eagle Peak and a few connector trails were constructed over summer 2019 along with some logging of the new trails. All other trails have been marked in conjunction with Forest Service over the summer of 2020 and will be cut in summer 2021. Lift instalation planned for summer 2022!"

https://skilookout.com/trail-map
    Those lifts are going to open up a lot of terrain in the Saint Regis Basin as well as that north bowl.

It'll really change the dynamic of that area, and I hope for the better.

Jesus fucking christ, if Troy Downing ever leaves his place at the YC and skis the tram, someone push him down Otter Slide or something.

https://twitter.com/hollykmichels/st...04821309689857

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Jesus fucking christ, if Troy Downing ever leaves his place at the YC and skis the tram, someone push him down Otter Slide or something.

https://twitter.com/hollykmichels/st...04821309689857
    That's some snake handler cult shit right there.