Page 653 of 892 FirstFirst ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,325 of 22279
    I urge Blacktail Friday or Sunday --

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Nice pics Shredeagle. We skied fun dust on edgeable crust with the kiddo the other day in the Big Belts. Skiing at Great Divide yesterday was one of the most horrendous days imaginable on skis.

Fingers crossed on the storm? They've already down graded it twice........I remain cynical.
    At Great Divide I saw a few people ski one run and then leave. It actually got a little better with the accumulating snow. The steeper runs were still slide for life but some of the lower angle powder runs skied pretty good.

< 2 years ago:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 18-05-05 2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread - Page 418.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	408647
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Feels like a lifetime ago.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Feels like a lifetime ago.
    And like 3 months ago at the same. Funny how that works.

Woohoo! Theres this weird white stuff falling from the sky. Get some!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Ohhhh! Snow Bowl Wed. Whitefish Thurs and Fri. Seems my timing couldn't be better.
    Yeah I forgot that they had started their Tuesday closures this morning. A heavier bit of slop yesterday plus the new cold stuff should work to heal the snowpack.

x2 on SkiJ rec for the 'tail, especially if there is good new snow. Just lap thunderhead all morning and you'll be pleased.

4" of low density snow but conditions were still marginal to even a little sketch. Or I'm just a shitty skier

I think I'm going to give Big Scrape a try tomorrow.

Disco claiming 9" in 48hr. You could still feel bottom but there were some great turns to be had. Rode with disco's social media guy and still managed no pics...

So needed that refresh. If I'm not a pussy I'm saying screw work again 2moro and headed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I think I'm going to give Big Scrape a try tomorrow.
    Ditto. At least it looks like the tram was open today, according to the website.

Had great pow skiing today, despite scratchy, lurking crust.

South faces were blown in a bit deeper, and Slushman’s was a full on scratch off ticket with equal chances of good skiing, or destruction!!

GNFAC reporting more snow in the Gallatins. Headed to Ystone tomorrow for skiing, and excited to see how much they picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Brrrr...5" new at Snowbowl, but -8 at the summit. F-that....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

20 below zero at Lone Mtn, 15 below at Andesite. This is the shit that makes me reconsider my life choices.

^^^ story of this winter so far.

Mild temps turn the base to ice followed by a single storm, followed by below zero temps for a couple of days, rinse and repeat.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Mild temps turn the base to ice followed by a single storm, followed by below zero temps for a couple of days, rinse and repeat.
    You need some soup recipes?

with kindest regards,
    ECRC

p.s. Chili is not soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Brrrr...5" new at Snowbowl, but -8 at the summit. F-that....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah but it’s a bluebird day!

Will report back

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

Mild temps turn the base to ice followed by a single storm, followed by below zero temps for a couple of days, followed by strong wind, rinse and repeat.
    fify

It's just part of the Southwest Montana Charm™.

I want to believe that March will turn around, but the real hope at this point is for a long, pleasant spring.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

FWIW, I grew up on a midwest ski hill with 300' feet. One year, they increased the vertical to 330' with a bulldozer, and that winter our GS course had one more gate. I skied 6 days a week, nights, after school. I loved it. If I had Great Divide back then, regardless of the shit snow, I would have been thrilled. I guess as we get older we just complain more. My kid never complains skiing shit snow, just his old man. Need to be more like my kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    FWIW, I grew up on a midwest ski hill with 300' feet. One year, they increased the vertical to 330' with a bulldozer, and that winter our GS course had one more gate. I skied 6 days a week, nights, after school. I loved it. If I had Great Divide back then, regardless of the shit snow, I would have been thrilled. I guess as we get older we just complain more. My kid never complains skiing shit snow, just his old man. Need to be more like my kid.
    I learned how to ski in Indiana and Kentucky. Kentucky's first and only ski resort, Ski Butler opened in 1982 but was forced to shut down in the mid-'90s because of the difficulty in maintaining snow as well as other logistical issues. It had about 250 vertical feet but we sure had fun there. You better believe when I moved to Montana I appreciated Great Divide. The funny thing is I was a ski instructor at Perfect North Slopes in Indiana but when I came out west I quickly realized I sucked as a skier. Still trying to ski like I grew up out here.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Is Bridger having their worst year ever (for march)? I wish I could have gotten out to GD today but new job means no time off. I’m going to miss the government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ski counselor View Post
    I learned how to ski in Indiana and Kentucky. Kentucky's first and only ski resort, Ski Butler opened in 1982 but was forced to shut down in the mid-'90s because of the difficulty in maintaining snow as well as other logistical issues. It had about 250 vertical feet but we sure had fun there.
    Often helpful to maintain perspective.

9" of bluebird blower at Whitefish yesterday.

Kid me would have been blown away. Adult me says that it was kinda windfucked and it mostly skied like dust on crust.