Page 710 of 890 FirstFirst ... 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... LastLast
Results 17,726 to 17,750 of 22245
    I’m ready for this

Solid work! Congratulations on getting a nice cow. Your meat yield seems low to me on the cow elk pictured.
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Solid work! Congratulations on getting a nice cow. Your meat yield seems low to me on the cow elk pictured.
    I did it myself so that’s probably why lol.

Anyone selling any 5x114.3 rims? I have been looking at tires and rims for so long my head is going to explode.

Seems like the options are tires + 17'' rims + tpms for 400+600+200= $1200 or just swap 18inch tires on factory rims for $800. 17'' tires are so much cheaper for the future.

215/65/r17 blizzaks are going for $448 right now which is crazy.

Happy Monday.

I'll be there Friyay to knock the rust off.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Happy Monday.

Noice. I'll be curious if they start opening anything else up high besides Lib soon.

^^^ I would venture to bet that they want that additional terrain skied and cut up just as much as you want to do the cutting.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ I would venture to bet that they want that additional terrain skied and cut up just as much as you want to do the cutting.
    I think they're just waiting for me to show up tomorrow and then they're going to open it.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think they're just waiting for me to show up tomorrow and then they're going to open it.
    Sounds about right.

Anyone near Helena have a marker/kingpin jig? I need to fix my quiver issues.

I will probably need a dynafit one too. I am getting too old for the "paper" method.

Should I take my kingpins from my corvus freebird and put them on my deathwishes and put the dynafit rotation12 on the corvus or take the shifts off of the wildcats and buy some pivots?! I can't decide. Or buy pivots and put them on the deathwishes. I already have really nice skins for them though. Going to try and daily the deathwishes and they blow with the dynafits on there.
    Last edited by toastybroski; 11-28-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Man. Get the pivots on the Deathwishes. Nothing better than a dedicated inbounds rig for ripping it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Man. Get the pivots on the Deathwishes. Nothing better than a dedicated inbounds rig for ripping it up!!
    I think you might be right.

Was just thinking….not sure if you have alpine boots or only touring boots. If only touring boots that would probably change the calculus a bit from how much benefit you get from the binding upgrade. I really like having the full alpine set up. Boots bindings skis. I’ve never tried skiing an alpine rig with touring boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My company moved me to Bozeman in '04. Trying to think but I can't remember a better opening to the season.

Today was just fun.

My company moved me to Bozeman in '04. Trying to think but I can't remember a better opening to the season.

Today was just fun.

Nice image!

For what it's worth (not much, probably), I am most drawn to your images where the highlights are turned down a hair so the texture of the snow shines through! [I realize sometimes that may be a tactic to obscure tracks.]

Nice to see SW MT in the flow!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Was just thinking….not sure if you have alpine boots or only touring boots. If only touring boots that would probably change the calculus a bit from how much benefit you get from the binding upgrade. I really like having the full alpine set up. Boots bindings skis. I’ve never tried skiing an alpine rig with touring boots.

Dalbello lupo boots so pretty much stiff inbounds boots.

Yeah that's a nice one swimmy!

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

FKNA Swimmy. Beautiful !!!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Nice image!

For what it's worth (not much, probably), I am most drawn to your images where the highlights are turned down a hair so the texture of the snow shines through! [I realize sometimes that may be a tactic to obscure tracks.]
    Well day-in-day-out you post the best ski photography on the forum so I appreciate the feedback.

To your point, the highlight thing seems to be a balance. So many days the light is shit and in an effort to brighten the image it can wash out the texture. I'm still learning but this is helpful.

I just wish more days could be like today.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I think you might be right.
    He's definitely right.

If you want, you can always convert the pivots to cast in the future (assuming they're p15/p18's)

Fun.

fffpooooffff

sick

Well day-in-day-out you post the best ski photography on the forum so I appreciate the feedback.

To your point, the highlight thing seems to be a balance. So many days the light is shit and in an effort to brighten the image it can wash out the texture. I'm still learning but this is helpful.

I just wish more days could be like today.
    That is a SUPER kind/generous comment. Whether or not it is deserved it definitely made me smile. Thank you!

My humble suggestion would be to consider NOT brightening the image. I’m shooting in similar conditions as you, generally speaking. NW Wyoming is known for minimal sun during the winter (good winters at least! ).

Lightening the image winds up giving things an artificial feel, even if people can’t put their finger on what is amiss. There is a beauty in storm skiing, and the less than ideal light probably equates to more stormy days. Montana ain’t CO with “330 days of sunshine” or whatever the ski areas would claim…. (And that’s not a bad thing!)

Moody light gives an image character—and it really challenges you as a photog. From what I see you do great!

That’s my take—don’t remove from your images one of the things that sets skiing in SW Montana apart. (Again, unless you are whitewashing things as a stylistic choice to remove tracks…which is also something I wouldn’t recommend.)

Love that you post and are dedicated to making images. Contributes to lots of great memories for people, now and for years to come. Thanks for sharing!

Also, you may consider carrying a small gray card. There's something about nailing correct white balance in camera (esp for snow scenes); if you can't do that in the field, having a true gray frame can help you adjust WB appropriately (in a way that is natural) after the fact.

A couple frames from early today, in less-than-ideal light:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0041.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	435841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041A0081.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	435842

(resizing for the web messes with small details a bit.)

Another shot from today is here (+more pics if innerested).