Page 590 of 884 FirstFirst ... 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... LastLast
Results 14,726 to 14,750 of 22098
    Uphill Pursuits but I agree with Bunion.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Yeah, hopefully they have all the parts they need. Maybe except for that one crucial bolt stuck in a shipping container somewhere. Hot laps on ramcharger for all!
    I'm sure that concern was part of the reason they had everything shipped as close to scheduled as possible despite the delay in installation.

Granted, that assumes they manage not to have anything go missing between unpacking and installation...

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Uphill Pursuits but I agree with Bunion.
    Seconding (thirding?) this opinion. Uphill Pursuits is a nice idea for a shop but it's somehow not executed quite right.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Have a client who lives in Bozeman that was just promoted. He skis a a lot and does outdoors stuff. Our company wants to send him a gift. What's the best ski/outdoor shop in town?
    not a local, but I have been satisfied by the selection and Service at Round House (Sports Center) -

skiJ

Have a client who lives in Bozeman that was just promoted. He skis a a lot and does outdoors stuff. Our company wants to send him a gift. What's the best ski/outdoor shop in town?
    East Main Liquors

REI.

Local shops are pretty personal, I wouldn't send him to a random one. I bet he has a favorite and hates a few others.

Give him a BB gift certificate, he can redeem as a ticket or buy shit at their hill shop there.

fuck REI, they burned the shit out of my friend's feet there during a boot fit. 3rd degree, down into the meat, flesh melted, lawsuit and settlement, horrible.

i worked for Ph.D skis for 3 years, they had excellent equipment but it's owned by a maniac... ymmv. stu the mgr is cool

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Give him a BB gift certificate, he can redeem as a ticket or buy shit at their hill shop there.
    this

PhD is owned by a maniac?

X10
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    PhD is owned by a maniac?
    news you can use

I've never heard that before. Tell us more. (grin)

checked out the capital building, museum in helena today. also checked out great divide. all cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    checked out the capital building, museum in helena today. also checked out great divide. all cool stuff!
    Right on dude, if you're around for a few days pm me and let's get a beer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210901_191643154.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	384262

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    fuck REI, they burned the shit out of my friend's feet there during a boot fit. 3rd degree, down into the meat, flesh melted, lawsuit and settlement, horrible.

i worked for Ph.D skis for 3 years, they had excellent equipment but it's owned by a maniac... ymmv. stu the mgr is cool
    Can you elaborate on both of these in detail?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Ha, just kidding. REI didn't even exist while I lived there.

My local ski shop was Ph.D and Stu is the man. I like the owner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    There was a sea story meant in good fun about a big tall dude on the BS Safety/Speed Patrol with Packer logos on each side of his helmet taking weed from those enjoying a safety meeting in the better known shacks. A few people got their long johns in a bunch about a weed shake down hoodlum on the hill and I apologized for causing the TGR rumpus with some creative writing. The genie doesn't go back in the bottle easily.
    Ironically, they're Steelers logos.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

so,
    I was trying to include muted- and norseman and Bunion's responses suggesting a gift certificate to BridgerBowl (BB), and ...

That idea makes Good sense - -

Good luck... skiJ

I think Montana Ski Tuning and Boot Fitting is the best place in town if you need boot work. Nick has done an absolutely fantastic job on my setups.

World Boards.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by I love Big Government View Post
    I think Montana Ski Tuning and Boot Fitting is the best place in town if you need boot work. Nick has done an absolutely fantastic job on my setups.
    That's the new place on N. 27th correct? I have heard nothing but really good stuff about them. I live like 200 feet away and will be getting new boots there this fall for sure.

I was irritated by their anti-mask bullshit last winter. Like all anti-maskers, they need to grow up.

That being said, I'm scheduled for a fitting this year, so let's see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Harry, are you ready to come out of retirement for some speed trappin?
    [QUOTE=Djongo Unchained;6393485]
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post

They just commandeer your weed and challenge you to do something about it. Fucking ex Green Bay Linebackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Wait, what? What's the Packer reference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    There was a sea story meant in good fun about a big tall dude on the BS Safety/Speed Patrol with Packer logos on each side of his helmet taking weed from those enjoying a safety meeting in the better known shacks. A few people got their long johns in a bunch about a weed shake down hoodlum on the hill and I apologized for causing the TGR rumpus with some creative writing. The genie doesn't go back in the bottle easily.
    These guys are talking about me and a joke that was played on Djongo several years ago.

Djongo posted in this thread that he was coming to Big Sky and wanted a smoke shack tour. Plans were make for him to crash on my sofa.

Then yeahman, who has a great sense of humor, posted that a certain Speed Cop at the Really Big was raiding smoke shacks and confiscating peoples weed. Talisman, who is also a witty mofo, pour gasoline on the fire, describing the offending Speed Cop as a big tall guy from Wisconsin, and confirming that this notorious speed cop was indeed raiding smokeshacks all over the mountain.

Djongo got more and more worked up as his trip approached, vowing to beat the shit out of that speed cop.

He arrived at my condo late one snowy Friday night, and as we hotboxxed, all he could talk about was tracking down that speed cop and delivering a proper Jackson Hole Air Force beatdown.

In the morning, as we were getting suited up for our day of skiing, I calmly put on my speed cop uniform and informed Djongo that my shift started in 15 minutes.... His face turned pale as he realized he had suffered one of the most epic psych jobs in TGR history.

Yes, I admit it, I was a Big Sky Mountain Safety volunteer for several years. I really enjoyed it, all I did was ski around talking to people, which is what I do anyway. Only negative was the good natured teasing from Bunion, but he was just kidding around. Being a speed cop is an alright gig, at least the way I did it. I’m a pretty calm and casual guy, I wasn’t on the mountain to yell at people. My main focus were the little kids. I had no problem with people skiing 60mph, it’s a really big mountain. Just don’t go in the beginner area and do GS turns around 4 and 5 year old kids. That’s where the ex-military in my voice came out.

I have good memories of my years as a speed cop. I helped a lot of lost or confused tourists, made some great friends on the Pro Patrol, but the absolute best day in my career was when we punked the shit out of Djongo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters