Page 565 of 891 FirstFirst ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,125 of 22254
    Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Bunch of dentists here...Heebs fried chicken is the true ski bum food in Bozeman
    I've been singing that song forever.

I eat at Pazeekah just about every time I’m in Bozeman, but I’ve had enough Indian food to rate it “Montana good.” It wouldn’t cut it somewhere else. But I’m just thrilled to have a real Indian restaurant in Montana. Remember when the only option was Tipu’s Tiger in Missoula? Ugh. Indian-ish food made by white vegetarian hippies.

But dinner at Pazeekah and a cocktail at Open Range are favorites when we’re in town.

fried stuffed pickle Wednesday at the Barrel

Granny’s donuts baybee.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bunch of dentists here...Heebs fried chicken is the true ski bum food in Bozeman
    Jesus, look at this fancy guy right here. Too good for T&C chicken tenders?

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Granny’s donuts baybee.
    This often requires interacting with Granny himself and that's an acquired taste.

People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Jesus, look at this fancy guy right here. Too good for T&C chicken tenders?
    If tyson chicken nuggets are your jam...

Skier numbers down at Pig Sty and BB this year

Surprised to see a $3 million loss at BB

Heebs chicken nuggets peaked in like 2003 when that dude from Texas was coating em in habanero's. Like the "new" Heebs nuggets and location significantly less.

Dark Horse contender for best nuggies in town is Smith's. Also SuperChix is the hot new girl in town. Highly recommended

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0g View Post
    Heebs chicken nuggets peaked in like 2003 when that dude from Texas was coating em in habanero's. Like the "new" Heebs nuggets and location significantly less.

Dark Horse contender for best nuggies in town is Smith's. Also SuperChix is the hot new girl in town. Highly recommended

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Smith's tendies are where it's at, but don't sleep on Chester's for convenience store strips.

Also, T&C has the best grab n go breakfast burrito in town. CPP or PBJ are my go-to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

If tyson chicken nuggets are your jam...

Skier numbers down at Pig Sty and BB this year

Surprised to see a $3 million loss at BB
    FYI $3 million less made than last year at this time does not equal $3 million loss.

I'd bet they have plenty of money saved since, before covid, they had enough saved to completely replace the Jim Bridger Lodge. I seem to remember hearing that they had originally planned on starting construction in 2020 so I assumed that was put on hold to keep things liquid.

Also, the most profitable sector for BB is the Food and Beverage departments, so I would also guess that they have utilized the relief programs to keep folks employed and not take on too much debt.

As we're on the topic of food, I'm a big fan of the Taco Montes Santa Fe w/ Barbacoa taco and if you like cilantro, the Classic Street Taco w/ grilled chx. Can't speak for everything else on the menu and have heard dissatisfied comments about some of the other flavors.

The Elote pizza from Bridger Brewing is also delicious.

Gotta try the Meatloaf at Aleworks, but if the Rellanos are on the nightly specials list you'd be dumb not to get it but I don't know their specials schedule anymore (used to be a Wednesday night thing).

Pineapple Fried Rice or Green Curry from Thai Basil if ya got the $ but both are large servings.

If you wanna get fat, Hot Hawaiian and Pesto Lodge poles from Mackenzie River Pizza.

Poutine and beer at Map Brewing.

Pakeezah is good too, the Gobhi 65 and Samosa's are really good with some naan and chutney.

I miss eating out but my wallet does not.

Taco montes is drunk food.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Having a hard time believing Big Sky numbers were down.
    Limiting IKON may have factored into fewer visits at the Big Pig. I wonder how the yield per skier was with visitors being steered to BS managed housing and ticket packages?

Anyone have any suggestions for a bootfitter in missoula or bozeman? It's almost time for some longer spring tours. I just need a simple punch. I fucking hate my bunions.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a bootfitter in missoula or bozeman? It's almost time for some longer spring tours. I just need a simple punch. I fucking hate my bunions.
    Hey now.....

Limiting IKON may have factored into fewer visits at the Big Pig. I wonder how the yield per skier was with visitors being steered to BS managed housing and ticket packages?
    I don't think I want to experience full blown IKON.

Today was pretty quiet for a beautiful & sunny March day, it was coolish and the south facing terrain didn't seem to want to soften, the shady terrain was pretty good.

Hooked up with SYF and his dad, both capable skiers so I toured them about 270 degrees around the peak, Yeahman will have to show them the Tram terrain.

I do fear that I may have sort of crippled SYF though, his boots were giving him hell and when I left him at the bootfitter at LMS I could tell he was in a more than moderate amount of agony. I would say it was Considerable.

WTF is up with Dakota, I was told, broken for the season.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 03-11-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I am hearing really good things about this new little shop.

https://www.mtskiandboot.com/

I talked to them and they sounded awesome. I realized kalispell probably has a decent place and forgot I was up there this weekend. I am gonna try great northern cyclery since they had decent reviews. Hopefully that open up skiing BB on Monday! Thanks for the tip.

Same. I had a friend that was poorly fit at a shop in town. She went there for adjustments and ended up in a completely different boot. Said the service/knowledge was great and a night and day difference in fit. They have a 3D foot scanner which is supposed to compare your scan to a database for recommending starting points for on boot models. No idea if it actually works or just a gimmick.

She went there for adjustments and ended up in a completely different boot.
    I am not a Bootfitter, peoples feet are disgusting, almost as bad as their teeth. At any rate, I have seen that happen a lot. For a variety of reasons. There is another popular thread right now about how much you are willing to pay for a day of good skiing.

How much are people willing to pay for a good skiing and fitting boot? Ski boots are not supposed to hurt.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Lone Mountain Sports in Big Sky. Hands down best in Montana.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Today was pretty quiet for a beautiful & sunny March day, it was coolish and the south facing terrain didn't seem to want to soften, the shady terrain was pretty good.

Hooked up with SYF and his dad, both capable skiers so I toured them about 270 degrees around the peak, Yeahman will have to show them the Tram terrain.

I do fear that I may have sort of crippled SYF though, his boots were giving him hell and when I left him at the bootfitter at LMS I could tell he was in a more than moderate amount of agony. I would say it was Considerable.
    huge shoutout to you for showing us around. the tour was everything and more.

after you left my left foot locked in plantar flexion and did not budge until halfway down the canyon. couldn't walk on it at all. truly the worst pain i have felt in a long time. fitter (can't remember his name) was awesome though. he didn't really know what was going on with the spasming but he did say it was caused by the inadequate length of my footbed's arch support. fit of the boot itself is fine though he did add some heel pads for extra hold and compressed the liner around the calf.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

i can now give my recommendation after today. a+ fitters for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    WTF is up with Dakota, I was told, broken for the season.
    I heard something with the bullwheel. Major fix.

After easily getting six tram laps yesterday with a short line, and pretty fun conditions in Gullies/Crons, today's line was too long so I went and did a Headwaters hike, then came back for the lunchtime lull and got in a couple trips to the peak. Conditions were not as good up there today. Stealurface, sorry we didn't hook up, I hope you get your boot problems squared away. Sounds like Bunion gave you guys a good tour.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I heard something with the bullwheel. Major fix.

After easily getting six tram laps yesterday with a short line, and pretty fun conditions in Gullies/Crons, today's line was too long so I went and did a Headwaters hike, then came back for the lunchtime lull and got in a couple trips to the peak. Conditions were not as good up there today. Stealurface, sorry we didn't hook up, I hope you get your boot problems squared away. Sounds like Bunion gave you guys a good tour.
    all good man. we had a great time. boot problems seem to be remedied. just gotta get the swelling down. lmk if you are gonna brave the crowds this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Agreed! I have "challenging" feet and they have done me right. Best fit I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Also, T&C has the best grab n go breakfast burrito in town. CPP or PBJ are my
    I’m a chile relleno guy, pure grease and cheese. I’ve only ever had it before big tours and it’s never let me down.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx