Page 599 of 884 FirstFirst ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,975 of 22080

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Rentals in Butte eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I sold a client a registered historic house in Uptown this past summer for just a stupid cheap price. Like a joke. Home is freaking awesome actually.
    Non-mag buddy sold his STR in the Meadow Village, did a reverse mortgage on his Hill Condo, and bought a huge copper baron mansion in Uptown Butte. Included photos of four different US Presidents visiting the mansion, including both Teddy and FDR, plus 2 others (Coolidge maybe ?). Price $300K about 4 years ago.

He is a skilled carpenter, works in Big Sky making $$$, stays in his Hill Condo. Goes to Butte and lives like a king. Something like 12 bedrooms and zero insulation. Costs three grand a month to heat.

Ripping skier, Bunion probably knows him, been in Big Sky about 20 years. he skis 203 Volkl Shiros. EZ guy to spot in the lift line. Might be the same guy Bunion is talking about ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 10-16-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Goes to Butte and lives like a king.
    File under phrases that don't usually go together.

Nope, Joe Schmoe is long time BB guy and environmental cleanup engineer (ret.)
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Copper City is mega mud apparently and if it's wet there it's probably unridable for 300 miles in every direction.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Homestake south east of butte handles moisture pretty well. XC for sure but cool terrain.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Drove over Homestake yesterday and snowline was right about at pass level on the shady slopes.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Anyone got a good trout hole near to the Bozone? Fairy Lake any good?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

To exercise them or knock em in the head and fry em up?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Apparently all of Bozeman thinks below the dam is the spot...

I'm amazed how much snow melted from Friday afternoon to sat night. It was a fun weekend hanging in a certain drainage. Big moon, dogs, bears, and moose.

SUF if you want to fish with 2 dogs and me rowing I'll let ya know next time we're floating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

If I'm catching dinner, tossing worms to brookies in Hyalite creek is big fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    If I'm catching dinner, tossing worms to brookies in Hyalite creek is big fun.
    When I lived over near hyalite I would fish the creek 3-4 days a week. Brookie fish tacos are hard to beat. However I found that before I left(3-4 yrs ago) I was catching way more rainbows than brookies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    SUF if you want to fish with 2 dogs and me rowing I'll let ya know next time we're floating.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    You're asking in this in a forum that pounces on people for openly discussing non-stellar backcountry outside of Helena.

Find water, throw in a line, maybe you'll catch a fish, maybe you won't. It's always good to get out.

Try the East Gallatin just up the road from MAP Brewery, it's basically your civic duty as a new Bozeman resident.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

So we rode Pipestone Pass to Homestake Pass to Maud S. Found some snow for sure, but also some lovely singletrack. If I were high grading, I'd go Homestake north towards the high point out and back. Snow on degrading granite doesn't seem to make mud though.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My go-to back in the day was axtell's, shed's and cameron's. It was mostly quiet then but who knows now.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    So we rode Pipestone Pass to Homestake Pass to Maud S. Found some snow for sure, but also some lovely singletrack. If I were high grading, I'd go Homestake north towards the high point out and back. Snow on degrading granite doesn't seem to make mud though.

Is that the 1st time you have ventured up that way? Lots more where that section ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Is that the 1st time you have ventured up that way? Lots more where that section ends.
    No, Dan's been here a lot this fall so had this ride planned for when we had 2 rigs. Poked around a bit up by Thunderbolt on our Montana road trip in September, on the way to Alpine 7. Open to suggestions as always though.

Fun to take the CDT to the Virgin, but we got yelled at by tour guide for trespassing(I found that odd).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9180930.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	288.7 KB 
ID:	389409

Good, scenic ride off I15, after trail gets cut out(guessing late summer):
    https://www.strava.com/activities/5842334576

Other rides off I15 I have done are now closed to bikes due to being in Wilderness study areas, PM if you want info on those.

Nice picture of that statue! Getting yelled at while enjoying the outdoors must be part of the "new" MT. Next will be releasing a pack of angry yorkies to chase us away.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Fun to take the CDT to the Virgin, but we got yelled at by tour guide for trespassing(I found that odd).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9180930.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	288.7 KB 
ID:	389409

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post

Sweet, this is the zone I was talking about. I somehow left out the pipestone pass part…
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

^^Like

I have read about this happening many, many times.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I have read about this happening many, many times.
    Must not be owned by the Church? In theory, they should be welcoming, right?

Must not be owned by the Church? In theory, they should be welcoming, right?
    "Our Lady of the Rockies Inc."

https://opengovus.com/sam-entity/182301895

I'm sure they're nice people!
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Best of luck to all the youth hunters and their adult guides tomorrow for the opening of the youth MT rifle season.

Corbly was absolutely perfect yesterday and today. Anyone know what else might be ridable/dry right now around Bozeman?