Page 537 of 891 FirstFirst ... 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,425 of 22274
    Prob 4 in and snowing in pburg. Gonna check in to work for a couple hours and bail to hopefully get some afternoon fresh. I almost forgot what pow looked like.

BBIMt sees me and Skifishbum driving up from a blizzard into starry skies 20 miles south of the BS turn. We just looked at each other...
    Don't even fucking think about it. Stay where you are and rip it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Don't even fucking think about it. Stay where you are and rip it.
    NoNono, I meant bbimt2018.

And If anyone has recalibrated my radar on the Big, it's you. Seriously, Your input when we first met was invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Prob 4 in and snowing in pburg. Gonna check in to work for a couple hours and bail to hopefully get some afternoon fresh. I almost forgot what pow looked like.
    Post up what you find. I'm tracking everything within a 2hr drive of Missoula to make a weekend decision

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    NoNono, I meant bbimt2018.

And If anyone has recalibrated my radar on the Big, it's you. Seriously, Your input when we first met was invaluable.
    I fell for the 400" annually scam in 92. No reason for you to make the same mistake.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    If you are going to snowmobile on Buck Ridge and the like you shouldn't need a guide. Who ever you rent from should provide a map and general directions.

Go to West Yellowstone to rent and ride sleds as there is at least twice as much snow as the BS area. Yes I know it is an hour each way of extra driving but for two or three times as much snow it worth it. In West you have the option of going into the park with a guide or the trails outside the park on your own.
    Thanks Talisman (and Mattman)! That's a good idea, especially if the trails down there are user friendly and easy to navigate on your own.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

anyone got a line on a good shop in bozeman looking for part time help beginning this fall?
    swing your fucking sword.

These considerations just hurt! Considering Thin Sky got 3 inches in the last two days, but at least there are plenty of people around to track it out.

Consider: In the last 2 days the village has gotten 22" and the Ghee had 7".
    Even Snow king in town had more than double the 'ghee at 15" this go 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    These considerations just hurt! Considering Thin Sky got 3 inches in the last two days, but at least there are plenty of people around to track it out.
    I'm sorry, my friend. Didn't mean to be mean...

I would be overstoked to show you and the Mrs T. around down here.

I made the same offer to Bunion but he got a much better offer from some westslope chica.

I would be overstoked to show you and the Mrs T. around down here.
    Very kind offer! I will text you to align schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    anyone got a line on a good shop in bozeman looking for part time help beginning this fall?
    What type of shop? And why "In Bozeman"?

I can put you in touch with what is arguably the best shop in Big Sky. Pass benefits, ski breaks, a shuttle to & from the really Big and a locker slopeside. Better yet the owner is a really good guy.

DJ I could be massively wrong but I "think" I would stand a better chance keeping up with you.

What type of shop? And why "In Bozeman"?

I can put you in touch with what is arguably the best shop in Big Sky. Pass benefits, ski breaks, a shuttle to & from the really Big and a locker slopeside. Better yet the owner is a really good guy.

DJ I could be massively wrong but I "think" I would stand a better chance keeping up with you.
    a ski shop. and i will be at msu this fall so looking for work closer to campus but in big sky wouldn't be so bad. pm incoming.

help this kid
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

This is a really great offer! The only down side are the grumpy geezers who live near by and tie up space in the adjacent watering hole.

a ski shop. and i will be at msu this fall so looking for work closer to campus but in big sky wouldn't be so bad. pm incoming.
    Working in big sky at a ski shop would suck ass if you're in school in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    Working in big sky at a ski shop would suck ass if you're in school in my opinion.
    expound upon this if you will

It's a shitty commute to work at a ski shop when you could spend that time skiing, partying, studying etc. Why not get a job at one of the places in town you can walk to from campus (if you're staying in the dorms).

It just sounds awful to finish up class and then drive the hour up to big sky for the evening shift or whatever.

Unless you're gonna to part time to get instate tuition. Then just do full days up in big sky or whatever.

expound upon this if you will
    It's a long and fatiguing commute to Big Sky from town.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Missed the part about the shuttle did ya?

If SYF was pulling a full load of classes I would advise the same as you are. If he is angling for residency and a year of part time learnin? Different story.

The shop I mentioned closes at 5:30 pm. The rental crew leaves and the repair crew takes over.

IMHO there is 1 decent shop "in town" and that is Chalet.

Just got off hill at disco. 4-6in and still snowing. Backside is on but best know what it looked like before or not care. Was empty but prob gonna be a busy one 2moro. Saw LT insta and looks like they got a bit more so that should spread the Missoula crowd.

Edit- ya the shuttle helps but still adding close to 2 hrs to your shift.

Steal- that canyon can be a soul crushing drive and God forbid there's a wreck but ymmv. I only did it for five years.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    It's a shitty commute to work at a ski shop when you could spend that time skiing, partying, studying etc. Why not get a job at one of the places in town you can walk to from campus (if you're staying in the dorms).

It just sounds awful to finish up class and then drive the hour up to big sky for the evening shift or whatever.

Unless you're gonna to part time to get instate tuition. Then just do full days up in big sky or whatever.
    yeah, that does make sense.

Don't work anywhere during the days. Days are for skiing. Find a restaurant and work shifts 4-10pm as a waiter or delivery driver. or repair skis in Bozeman at night.

If you have housing sorted out, i bet it's not too difficult to get a job at any of the shops in town.

Or just rack up some debt (PT at a ski shop isn't really gonna pay the school bills anyway) and ski your face off.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Don't work anywhere during the days. Days are for skiing. Find a restaurant and work shifts 4-10pm as a waiter or delivery driver. or repair skis in Bozeman at night.

Granted we are talking about a year from now but there is this thing called a pandemic. Regular ski buddy is a bartender at one of the more desirable places in BZN. He was pulling down 250-400 a night, now he is lucky to make 100. The waitstaff at the place he works is having a rough go of things too.

If you have housing sorted out, i bet it's not too difficult to get a job at any place in town.
    FIFY.

Starting wage for Taco-Bell is > $13.50. I kind of wonder what Roundhouse or Chalet etc. pay ski tuners.

And for the OP, don't set your sights on Big Sky only. BB is a great place to work.