Page 609 of 891 FirstFirst ... 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ... LastLast
Results 15,201 to 15,225 of 22259
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    TH, what came of the tracked Samurai? I remember reading about that and seeing your pics and was always impressed, seemed fun.
    Found a new home 8 yrs ago when we moved to Alaska. Fun, quirky.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Almost looks like October with the 2 inches of snow that fell last night at 6800 feet. Heading out to tackle the Pocono style slope conditions. Yellow snow always reminds me of Frank Zappa.

Dreamed I was an eskimo
    Frozen wind began to blow
    Under my boots and around my toes
    The frost that bit the ground below

It was a hundred degrees below zero...
    And my mama cried
    And my mama cried
    Nanook, a-no-no
    Nanook, a-no-no
    Don't be a naughty eskimo

Save your money, don't go to the show
    Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
    Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
    Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
    And the northern lights commenced to glow

And she said, with a tear in her eye
    Watch out where the huskies go,
    And don't you eat that yellow snow
    Watch out where the huskies go,
    And don't you eat that yellow snow
    Apostrophe is one of the most important albums of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Same, have a long, multi-year history of epics in Hyalite Canyon LONG before it was plowed trying to get past the dam to shorten the approach for ice routes. Breaking chains, walking out, skiing down the entire canyon, etc......That canyon was always interesting in the early 90's.
    Seriously. Encountering someone else going the opposite way once you were past the dam kept it interesting. Trying to back up in deep snow with a shitty old toyota was not fun. Fingers were always crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Bridger opening pushed to the 17th at the earliest.
    Yikes. No surprise, though.

Does anyone know the latest they've ever opened?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Same, have a long, multi-year history of epics in Hyalite Canyon LONG before it was plowed trying to get past the dam to shorten the approach for ice routes. Breaking chains, walking out, skiing down the entire canyon, etc......That canyon was always interesting in the early 90's.
    I bet you have some good stories. I have been around waaay shorter than when the Hyalite road wasn’t plowed … I just got lots of shit stuck in a very recent window of time, ha!

January 26, 1981 takes the all time cake. Since I've been here (1994), looks like December 26, 2002. Other notable late starts were 12/19/87, 12/22/95, 12/22/97, 12/22/06.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Well there was some fresh snow and sunshine at Big Sky today with truly excellent Pocono conditions with 3-6 inches of fresh snow over a hard base. The "husky yellow" colored man made base on Tippy's and Mr K made it easy to stay in the clumps of new snow. The Bowl was good for about an hour before things were tracked out and the faithful started to hike up Cron's for some fresher turns. Not sure it was worth the $89 for those using a lift ticket for two trails and the Bowl, but Dec 27th the day ticket price rises to $228.

Good info Bobbybill. I don't think they had much it any snowmaking in the early days. I wonder what the latest opening is with the snowmaking they have now and how much it has helped them get open in more recent years?

Big Scree claiming 14 trails open.Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 15-15-30 Trail Status.png
Views: 592
Size:  14.5 KB

seriously?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Haha. The bowl's gotta count for more than 1 - although 10 might be pushing it.

Exit chute is double diamond for sure....if you let your kid follow Nest down it on the wrong side into the scree field

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Well there was some fresh snow and sunshine at Big Sky today with truly excellent Pocono conditions with 3-6 inches of fresh snow over a hard base. The "husky yellow" colored man made base on Tippy's and Mr K made it easy to stay in the clumps of new snow. The Bowl was good for about an hour before things were tracked out and the faithful started to hike up Cron's for some fresher turns. Not sure it was worth the $89 for those using a lift ticket for two trails and the Bowl, but Dec 27th the day ticket price rises to $228.
    Holy fuck, is that what it's up to now? I'll be out there that week using my sister resort freebie passes. My kid's all want to hit the tram but it sounds like a couple more feet are in order? Still trying to wrap my head around the $89 tram charge..

I could see stuff off the peak being the first to open. Up high actually doesn't look all that thin. The cooler would go. Really depends on the Yeti Traverse having any snow and a way to actually get from the summit to Liberty, etc. It's down low that is a nightmare. The gladed ares on Andesite have literally 2" of snow right now.

Whitefish just announced they are opening the backside tomorrow. It was unclear to me if that means downloading at the end of your day. It usually does.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I could see stuff off the peak being the first to open. Up high actually doesn't look all that thin. The cooler would go. Really depends on the Yeti Traverse having any snow and a way to actually get from the summit to Liberty, etc. It's down low that is a nightmare. The gladed ares on Andesite have literally 2" of snow right now.
    Snow up high seems to be the norm right now. Top of the peak does look pretty white but that last few hundred feet above the Duckwalk could be difficult. Usually it takes a couple of big slides to fill it in. No way you could get out Middle road right now.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Love that the turkey traverse is its own run

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Snow up high seems to be the norm right now. Top of the peak does look pretty white but that last few hundred feet above the Duckwalk could be difficult. Usually it takes a couple of big slides to fill it in. No way you could get out Middle road right now.
    Oh yeah duh. I always forget about Middle Road. I guess you could ski Lenin/Marx down to Duckwalk assuming the last few hundred have more than 3" on the rocks.

It is a sad two inches at that.

The gladed ares on Andesite have literally 2" of snow right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Whitefish just announced they are opening the backside tomorrow. It was unclear to me if that means downloading at the end of your day. It usually does.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    It's downloading until 3, and then they open russ's st.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Love that the turkey traverse is its own run

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    One of the very few Horizontal ski trails in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    One of the very few Horizontal ski trails in America.
    Southern Vermont ski resorts would like a word.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

If "I Can't Believe It's a Girdle" can be a rock climb, then the Turkey can be a ski run.

Name:  108024709_medium_1494258004.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  80.9 KB

Hell it's probably the most challenging thing in the Bowl most days. Especially end-of-day flat light, until you do it a couple times and get the whoop-de-doos wired.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    If "I Can't Believe It's a Girdle" can be a rock climb, then the Turkey can be a ski run.

Name:  108024709_medium_1494258004.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  80.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah it's a mind fuck, especially the part above the roof. It was rated 5.9+ when I did it but now they call it 5.10b. Follows a cool little dike the whole way.

Name:  114006779_medium_1515825175.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  198.4 KB