Page 687 of 892 FirstFirst ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,175 of 22283
    IF to whitefish? Through salmon, lost trail, bitterroot and Seeley lake area I assume? Can't go wrong w any part of that drive!

In the essence of time we’re heading up 15 to 90, then through Seeley Lake. If we had a bit more time I’d love to go Challis-Salmon-Missoula-Seeley

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tour Divide route goes through the Seeley/Swan valleys. I've ridden it by bike and there were plenty of spots for a tent. Unsure how that might translate to your trip. First pic is how the route goes from Condon, north to Swan. Second pic is of a campground north of Condon, you can see how that would access the TD route for continued drive north. Lots of mosquitoes in that area.

2nd option is to see if you can get a spot at Wayfarer State Park on Bigfork. Yes, it's going to be developed and busy, but on the lake and close to nightlife in Bigfork.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!

Honed my google maps search around this area of 83 and we found some nice dispersed camping just north of Seeley Lake.

Made for a short drive to Echo Lake Cafe for breakfast. Great food

Don’t follow this thread closely enough to know who lives in the Kalispell/Whitefish area but if anyone is out riding the bike park tomorrow morning gimme a shout! Scoping for next month’s race

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Welp, at the 11th hour the rental my roommate and I were supposed to move into Aug 1st will not be ready. On principle/wallet I cannot stomach paying the insane rent the new slumlords want for the place I am currently at (we were forced into month to month in June anyway).

Name:  6n5lym.jpeg
Views: 782
Size:  53.9 KB

Sorry about your housing woes, WRG. Fuck slumlords!

Battled the sweltering heat this weekend on the Bangtail. Bubbly beverages really hit the spot at the end.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Summer's here, everyone!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5558.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	421862
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Thought I smelled something

As seen outside Rapid City

Name:	rc.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	421866

I was looking for some old photos and stumbled across these. From 2017 I believe, we walked up to the divide. Top notch hiking and views, we ate fish and wild chives for dinner one night and managed to find fresh berries and mushrooms the entire trip. Drank a bottle of Tre Fontane Trappist and shared homemade bread from the peak the panos were taken. Chased out of a swimming hole one morning by an otter that was prepared to go toe-to-toe.

Name:	mt.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	479.6 KB 
ID:	421868

Name:	DSC_0137.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	445.8 KB 
ID:	421869

Name:	DSC_0134 copy.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	841.7 KB 
ID:	421870

Name:	DSC_0132.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	643.8 KB 
ID:	421871

Name:	DSC_0117 copy.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	421872

We made camp near where the water flowed into this lake. We climbed the ridge in the center of the photo below on our last night and the Perseids put on a show.

Name:	DSC_0128 copy.jpg 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	421873

Name:	DSC_0171 copy.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	421874

Name:	DSC_0164 copy.jpg 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	421875

Smoke sucks.

Futurebirds at Pine Creek Aug 19. If you've heard 'em you know. If you haven't, they are a fun little band from Athens, GA

Passing thru Helena Sunday eve (tomorrow) and was hoping to find a spot to park the van for the night with a decent XC/Tral ride somewhere close by in the morning. Any local intel? TIA

Copper City but it will be hot as balls mid-day. Plenty of camping and sort of scenic if you like high desert.

https://www.southwestmontanamba.org/copper-city
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Thanks - ridden Copper in early spring - just hoping for something much closer to Helena..... thinking of a morning pedal up on the south hill trails before continuing on towards Whitefish

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Copper City but it will be hot as balls mid-day. Plenty of camping and sort of scenic if you like high desert.

https://www.southwestmontanamba.org/copper-city

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Passing thru Helena Sunday eve (tomorrow) and was hoping to find a spot to park the van for the night with a decent XC/Tral ride somewhere close by in the morning. Any local intel? TIA
    You should be able to find numerous pull outs and trailhead features just outside of Helena in the south hills.

The city officially bans camping on its land, so you might want to call a bike shop and get intel on whether sprinter vans get the same treatment.

Regardless of the camping situation, you can try the old shooting range trailhead, as it’s close to some great riding.

If it were me I'd camp at Cromwell Dixon campground on Macdonald Pass and ride the CDT south to Switchback Ridge descent. You'll either need to pedal back up the pass or arrange a car shuttle.

Edit: I'd ride with ya but I'm supposed to take one of my kids to the Big Sky bike park on Monday. But pm me if you have questions about anything.

Try moose creek camp ground on Remini road. Its a few miles out of town but quick to the south hills. This is my go-to Helena loop:
    https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/32457870/

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Moose Creek is great if you like camping with homeless meth tweakers. Cromwell Dixon is much more open, has a nice breeze, and even though the highway is nearby the traffic shuts down after 11. Way better than Moose Creek IMO. Plus drive time to town is the same. Usually easy to find a site too.

Flood relief show last night in Paradise Valley. He played for free so all proceeds could go to the fund. Dude is a bad ass. Really cool for him to help.

Who doesn't enjoy camping for a few days with these folks? Lots of drama and most of your stuff is missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Moose Creek is great if you like camping with homeless meth tweakers.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Moose Creek is great if you like camping with homeless meth tweakers. Cromwell Dixon is much more open, has a nice breeze, and even though the highway is nearby the traffic shuts down after 11. Way better than Moose Creek IMO. Plus drive time to town is the same. Usually easy to find a site too.
    +1 Unfortunately that is too true about Moose Creek. Neighbor in some shitty sedan with bubble wrap in all the windows only appeared once in 36 hours - to eat out of his trunk. The ranger weedwhacking the campground mentioned that we we should definitely lock up our stuff if we left the campsite (unofficially of course).
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Sorry about your housing woes, WRG. Fuck slumlords!

Battled the sweltering heat this weekend on the Bangtail. Bubbly beverages really hit the spot at the end.

Bangtail's been the best riding around IMO.... I think I've lapped it 6 or 7x in the last month.

Love riding it as a loop with the easy pavement pedal back to Stone — faster than shuttling!

Seems (to me) like there's more shade and less blown-out spots than many other local loops—and the wildflowers have been the best I've found (though they seem to be on the downswing now).

Thanks all for the Helena beta… at the end of the day the wifey found this camp - MTBCity, a small in town campground catering to the Great Divide riders and Mtb riders only. 2 thumbs up - full outdoor bike station and the owners were super friendly and chatted trails. Killer ride yesterday in Lionshead, off to South Hills this am then off to Whitefish this afternoon and likely Fernie the day after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    GF and I were just over the hill from you at the same time yesterday GravityDT. Flowers still popping. No one around.

Name:	20220724_125903.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	422311
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220724_125903.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	422310  

Kaboom