Page 748 of 891 FirstFirst ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... LastLast
Results 18,676 to 18,700 of 22270
    Went for a ski today with wife/dog. We did not get in 13,500 vert.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    13.5 thousand vert. 400' at a time. Damn son.
    Wound up @ Bridger Friday.

I think the event is 5h = 300 minutes. 34 hikes = 8m50s per hike-transition-ski. Maybe 25" per transition... 1' ski down? (What route do folks take?)

He did 67 transitions!!!

The hike feels like maybe 10-12' at a casual pace. That feel right to others? 7' hike after hike after hike is impressive!!

Seems like passing would be an issue, too!

Edit:
    Saw on Strava — his fastest hike+transition+ski was 6m40s (!!). Looks like the run down is more like 30" than 1'. Transitions were right at about 25" per (2 per lap).

And while he had a number of <8' laps most were 8.5-9' as calculated above.
    Last edited by upallnight; 02-05-2023 at 11:48 PM.

Cheap ass shit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	61 
Size:	508.7 KB 
ID:	446463

The pump don't work cause the Vandals took the handle.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    The pump don't work cause the Vandals took the handle.
    LOL!

For those that haven't seen it.

^Yikes...

Day 2 lighting looked sketchy AF.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    For those that haven't seen it.

Haven't watched that in a while. Fucking nutty. Also, that looks like maybe all-time coverage. 2013/2014 is still pretty much the benchmark, no?

Today really was a good day to just lap the tram. Basically no line and reports were that Lenin/Marx continues to fill in and ski like a dream. Couldn't convince my gold-less partner to burn $70 so we hiked. Found some soft on the south side (north side got visibly wind hammered) that skied OK, but underneath was definitely HARD. Need another 10-12" of cold snow to bury the stuff from the warm up/sun.

Name:	xchute2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	446532

Name:	xchute3.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	446533

Thanks for that Swimmy, those FWTs were some of the coolest events I have even had a part in putting on and that includes 4-5 world cup races. Balls big as church bells on those FWT skiers.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Today really was a good day to just lap the tram. Basically no line and reports were that Lenin/Marx continues to fill in and ski like a dream. Couldn't convince my gold-less partner to burn $70 so we hiked.
    I'm surprised it was $70, seems like it's consistently been $40-$50 on Mon. through Wed. Curious what it will be tomorrow when I'm there. I'll pay if it's good, to me it's just like a cheap lift ticket since I feel like I'm basically skiing for free on a weekday pass that was paid off long ago. Glad to hear the windbuff is holding strong--sure wish they would get the Snowfield open! Something about the snowpack back there must really be making them cautious this season. Seems odd it's only been open three days.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm surprised it was $70, seems like it's consistently been $40-$50 on Mon. through Wed. Curious what it will be tomorrow when I'm there. I'll pay if it's good, to me it's just like a cheap lift ticket since I feel like I'm basically skiing for free on a weekday pass that was paid off long ago. Glad to hear the windbuff is holding strong--sure wish they would get the Snowfield open! Something about the snowpack back there must really be making them cautious this season. Seems odd it's only been open three days.
    We chatted with Mitch briefly in the penalty box on Saturday. Sounds like the snowfield has been pretty spooky.

Edit to add: My hunch is the $40 dollar days are over. They will try $70 or higher through the end of the season if I were to guess.

^^^ Presidents day right around the corner, time to wring as much $$$ out of the can as they can.

If you mess up on the snowfield routes anywhere below the Whale there is no safe place to hide.

Name:	PXL_20230206_175854434_2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	907.8 KB 
ID:	446620

Yesterday was surprisingly good...

Quite a bluebird day at Big Sky. The app said $70 tram charge but when I got there the sign said $50. Seemed like a good omen.

The line started getting Ikonic, but then Powder Seeker went down and suddenly we were on Tram Island for like two hours. Many fast gullies laps were ripped.

Met a guy in line and we partnered for the Big C. First time this season for me so that was cool. Far left Secret still had really nice powder turns.

And then to top it off they opened the Snowfield for an hour in the afternoon and we jumped on that. Even made it back around for one last tram.

I fucking love skiing that mountain.

Quite a bluebird day at Big Sky. The app said $70 tram charge but when I got there the sign said $50. Seemed like a good omen.

The line started getting Ikonic, but then Powder Seeker went down and suddenly we were on Tram Island for like two hours. Many fast gullies laps were ripped.

Met a guy in line and we partnered for the Big C. First time this season for me so that was cool. Far left Secret still had really nice powder turns.

And then to top it off they opened the Snowfield for an hour in the afternoon and we jumped on that. Even made it back around for one last tram.

I fucking love skiing that mountain.

Fkna My friend.

Sometimes we gotta pay to play, ya?

Choiceness scoring the Big and the NSS after waiting so patiently.

It is a great mountain.

Was that entry scratchy or carvy?

Damn YM you are killin me. Tram Island!!!!! Good 4 ya on such a lovely day.

Probably back on skis by next Wed. but taking it easy.

Good times goofing off with Nest and Co. on the Headwaters today. Had a couple hikes and was quite entertained (if not a bit gripped) by some great snow. No tram island for me, but damn I was tempted.

Name:	IMG_3727.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	446708

Name:	IMG_3735.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	446709

Name:	IMG_3741.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	446710

Fuck yeah dudes. Looks like it was a good day down on the skree hill. I haven't had tram island in 3 or 4 years. Well done.

Edit: Just seeing tram island, Big C, and north summit. Nice dude!

Bought some new touring boots and got out today for some hippie turns. Snow was great. Feet were even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Was that entry scratchy or carvy?
    Kinda scratchy with a weird bump and some rocks. I honestly had to think about the first couple turns.

Good to hear Superior and crew were jamming on the other side.

Kinda scratchy with a weird bump and some rocks. I honestly had to think about the first couple turns.

Good to hear Superior and crew were jamming on the other side.
    Hahaha, most of the skiing population would shit their pants at that downview, you though, need to think about 2 turns.

Mags holding down the Fort. Getting the Goods.

Badasses. Nationwide.

Last few pages are stoke city! Looking into the cooler never gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Last few pages are stoke city! Looking into the cooler never gets old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Man, you got that right.

Guys like us are assessing our entry tactics from the armchair position.

Nice POV atop the couloir!!

That image makes me feel something inside…anticipation!