Page 714 of 891 FirstFirst ... 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... LastLast
Results 17,826 to 17,850 of 22274
    Quote Originally Posted by HobieTony View Post
    I hope your friend is OK - but on its own merits, this post is funny as shit.
    It was not the guy who has the cabin but my other buddy you met. I haven't heard much more than what I shared yesterday but yeah, hopefully he is alright. He is generally a responsible guy with wife, two young kids, great job.

I'm not sure he packs and the weapon thing is scary. But picturing a 6'4, 300 lb dude spun out on mushrooms running around the parking lot buck naked...yeah that's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Best day of the year for me.
    Love your posts dude. We gotta hook up for a run or two this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I’m old, and I now really enjoy low key mom and pop lift riding on sunny days…no lift lines anywhere, no rah rah, just chill. Glad Montana has so many low key places. I’m not cut out for fancy pants.

Fun day slowing down at Showdown with the kiddo.

Attachment 436587
    This is my jam most days

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Went for a walk and found some great snow today. Nice weather too.

Nice pics.

Anyone hitting the Pig Sty tomorrow AM? Might be some snow.

Beautiful, toast.

Twas dumping all day at Big Sky and still snowing when we left. Storm stopped a few miles south of Townsend.

Thanks Swimmy. Love to hook up and ski with you. I alway ski Friday afternoons and have the week after this one off so maybe sooner than later.

Great shot Toast. Cool perspective!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Beautiful, toast.

Twas dumping all day at Big Sky and still snowing when we left. Storm stopped a few miles south of Townsend.
    I love my little donut hole

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I’m going to try and find some touring boots. I’m in a weird spot where I get pro deals which is about 50 percent off but also have weird feet and need a good boot fitter. Located in Helena. Any suggestions?

Also selling a pair of kingpin 13s if anyone is interested.

Piste de resistance. Bluebird chalk.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Your mom would be happy here because I've got 8 inches at my house.

Sick pics gnar schralp. That zone was so good this weekend. I got up yesterday and my little one wanted to build a jump. We did that for about three hours. Aka I spent three hours shoveling. It was a pretty fun though and he dialed in his backflips which made him super happy. And the neighbor kid landed his first one. I’m learning to get less nervous watching the kids do this stuff. It sure helps when there is four feet of snow in the landing.

They headed in for lunch so I figured I’d have a look at Challenger. It had snowed about two inches and the skies cleared just as I was getting up there. No tracks on the rib!! Got the first tracks down it and was fluff on top of buff faceshots on that nice steep pitch. Got four runs down that moving further left each time into the steeper more intricate sections. Pretty nice reward for all that digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psa: it is a mess out here.

Looking forward to wheel to wheel combat in the canyon this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Looking forward to wheel to wheel combat in the canyon this morning.
    See ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    I’m learning to get less nervous watching the kids do this stuff. It sure helps when there is four feet of snow in the landing.

I'm glad I'm as old as I am, or if my kid was doing that, I'd be tempted to follow. Now I'd just sit back and be nervous. I once built a road gap jump on a snowmobile road. Wife thought it was dumb, I said I used to do this all the time. Needless to say, my body cleared the road, but my ass did not, and I smashed my sacrum/coccyx into hardpack. Again, too old, and content with all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Went for a walk and found some great snow today. Nice weather too.

Nice!

People are getting antsy...I tried to skin up the resort on Saturday and it was so busy it looked like it was already open. Luckily I ran into some people I knew and we diverted out for a lap in the fresh stuff.

Bailed on even trying yesterday...Put on snowshoes and went Christmas tree hunting with the wife instead.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Nice!

People are getting antsy...I tried to skin up the resort on Saturday and it was so busy it looked like it was already open. Luckily I ran into some people I knew and we diverted out for a lap in the fresh stuff.

Bailed on even trying yesterday...Put on snowshoes and went Christmas tree hunting with the wife instead.
    Yeah, the resort's been a total gong show. But on the upside, there's a ton of snow up there for this time of year - this'll be the deepest opening we've had in years. Hopefully they can get the new 6-pack done in time for the holidays.

Bummed--I'm leaving town on Wednesday for ~2 weeks and will miss all the fun

Not sure what their plans are, but looks to me like they could majority of the resort open on day 1.

(part of that 2 weeks is in Hawaii, so I guess I still get to have some fun)

Nice refresh last night made for some great skiing. Shin deep turns, perfect density, and don't think I clipped a rock all day.

Speaking of turns, not sure what you call this one...

Rumor has it they might open up the north side Wednesday.

One more of HobieT

^^

Six Shooter opening Wednesday, Lone Tree on Friday. I would fantasize about an early NSS opening but overheard a patroler say the Whale slid unprovoked the other day so seems unlikely.

PSA if any mag is looking for a relatively cheap 4wd vehicle I am selling my 2004 Chevy Tahoe. Message me for deets or look at Helena CL. I'll make you a deal.

Nice texture on the snow, swimmy! Whites look MUCH better & I can almost feel the snow under my skis!

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Speaking of turns, not sure what you call this one...
    Looks like that's some snow up the back!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Nice texture on the snow, swimmy! Whites look MUCH better & I can almost feel the snow under my skis!

Two things I'm not good at
    - keeping up with usdatele on the way up
    - keeping up with the rest of you on the way down

Two things I'm pretty good at:
    - rowing a drift boat
    - seasonal exterior illumination

The early snow this year is making our lights pop!

^^^ that looks a whole lot better than the Christmas lights that I put up at our house last year, that are still up because I never got around to taking them down.