Page 688 of 891 FirstFirst ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,200 of 22274
    Lol, I think this is in your neck of the woods…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C1B634C-F385-4351-A20A-962325F787B6.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	481.4 KB 
ID:	422589
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands upon the wheel", J. Morrison
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Lol, I think this is in your neck of the woods…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C1B634C-F385-4351-A20A-962325F787B6.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	481.4 KB 
ID:	422589
    When that rec edible hits and you forget that you can't park a vehicle on air.

Could this be a mag?
    swing your fucking sword.

Now he has roommates.

I run into ppl almost everyday that are over it. Hardworking locals that have decent or better jobs, who are leaving. Restaurant people getting squeezed hard.

Just finding a place is a nightmare and then paying insane rent.

The trailer population seems to have tripled recently. Sounds like they are cracking down on that shit as well.

Jackson sounds worse. 40$ per hour to work at true value. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Now he has roommates.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed off Bozeman guy
    I’m going to punch the next #Bozeman commissioner I encounter and any jury will say I’m right
    I feel like that could be factual.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I've talked to numerous folks in Helena this summer who have moved here from Bozeman due to affordability. Which obviously means Helena is headed in the same direction to one degree or another.

Inevitably, if cities in Montana want service workers and other low-wage employees like teachers and police, subsidized rent-controlled housing will need to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I've talked to numerous folks in Helena this summer who have moved here from Bozeman due to affordability. Which obviously means Helena is headed in the same direction to one degree or another.

Inevitably, if cities in Montana want service workers and other low-wage employees like teachers and police, subsidized rent-controlled housing will need to be built.
    No way Montana voters will allow that Commie-shit to happen.

Charge a 100% sales tax on any non resident or corporation buying a house in Montana. Distribute the dividends to Montana residents

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No way Montana voters will allow that Commie-shit to happen.

Money talks, and the Uber rich need their servant class close at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Or you know, build more housing.
    When Blackrock can buy houses for cash above asking price increasing inventory can only do so much

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Charge a 100% sales tax on any non resident or corporation buying a house in Montana. Distribute the dividends to Montana residents
    You should run for office.

FYI this sort of thing is not unique to only Montana.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which the United States is signature to, defines housing as a human right.

https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/...21/03/udhr.pdf

The commodification of a human right is, for me, is the primary issue regarding the housing crisis in Montana. Until that is systemically addressed, the capitalist will rule. Fuck AirBnb, VRBO and real estate speculators until then.

To actually make a change, folks need to elect representatives and vote with their dollars to keep housing affordable.

This is not happening because there’s no reason rich Montanans would do so. Why not keep profiting off land stolen from the Indians and sold by the government for cents on the dollar?

What we need is economic incentives to make housing affordable, be that tax credits or businesses who contribute to workforce housing.

There’s no magic bullet. As James Carville once said, “It’s the economy, stupid.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    To actually make a change, folks need to elect representatives and vote with their dollars to keep housing affordable.

This is not happening because there’s no reason rich Montanans would do so. Why not keep profiting off land stolen from the Indians and sold by the government for cents on the dollar?

What we need is economic incentives to make housing affordable, be that tax credits or businesses who contribute to workforce housing.

There’s no magic bullet. As James Carville once said, “It’s the economy, stupid.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    1st you need to get people who care about reform or large scale changes to run for office. And while incentives for affordable housing would help, this is a matter of a more systemic rot in our society that just housing.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm moving and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. FREE unless otherwise noted. Come take this stuff from me. I'll be cleaning my garage all day tomorrow and posting more free stuff.

WTB i23 650b wheelset with WTB resolutes setup tubeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm moving and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. FREE unless otherwise noted. Come take this stuff from me. I'll be cleaning my garage all day tomorrow and posting more free stuff.

WTB i23 650b wheelset with WTB resolutes setup tubeless.
    If you can scale that up to 700c with a QR and rim brakes, that'd be great and I'll be by in the morning for it.

Also, good on you for pawning off the WTB rig. I never thought I'd truly hate a tire brand until I encountered a pair of those.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And while incentives for affordable housing would help, this is a matter of a more systemic rot in our society that just housing.
    QFT. There's really nothing to blame but the good ol' American Way. It's a love/hate relationship.

Anyone done a float of the North Fork Blackfoot?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Yeah from Harry Morgan put-in by Ovando down to the main Blackfoot, many times. Friends are doing it this weekend, apparently the flow is still strong. Never floated above that.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    No one ever. You'll prob die. Better off hitting monture ck with andouille sausage in your pack for a nice creekside bbq with red beans and rice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app