Page 608 of 884 FirstFirst ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... LastLast
Results 15,176 to 15,200 of 22078
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I have low expectations and hope to be wrong again.
    This is the way.

Hope glimmers! Thank you for taking one for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Theoretically, it will be good Tuesday because I have a meeting that AM that I can't skip.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Nice. Bummed we couldn't make it up there for that this year. Always fun watching fast people go fast.
    Yeah I watched a few racers, it was cool. Skiing was pretty good too, excellent coverage for early December, all lifts open.

Forecast for Big Belts has improved a bit......it'll all blow away in the process.

Welcome to Montana.

thinking some truck rd xc tomorrow in the little belts. anyone know a spot? thx in advance!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    BS was decent today. Some soft turns off pow seeker. Old man made down low hard and scratchy now after the warm up and hard freeze.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    thinking some truck rd xc tomorrow in the little belts. anyone know a spot? thx in advance!
    https://www.showdownmontana.com/mountain-policies

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    My wife and I went logging road xc in the Little Belts years ago. I believe we drove up Spring Creek Road off Hwy 12 on the south side of the mountains till we couldn't drive any farther because, then started skiing.

Sure feels like winter out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    BS was decent today. Some soft turns off pow seeker. Old man made down low hard and scratchy now after the warm up and hard freeze.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Missed ya today. Pleasantly surprised by the snow quality in the bowl but viz left much to be desired earlier in the day. So good to finally get back on snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

More on the way for the Big Belts, might try to get up there later this week to poke around. Need a sled again, or perhaps tracked ATV. Going to hold off on buying either this season and see what this place requires (low snow fall, tracked vehicle might be better for dirt road to snow line approaches).

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    More on the way for the Big Belts, might try to get up there later this week to poke around. Need a sled again, or perhaps tracked ATV. Going to hold off on buying either this season and see what this place requires (low snow fall, tracked vehicle might be better for dirt road to snow line approaches).
    I have bogged down most wheeled or tracked mountain machines known to man in the super faceted early season Montucky snow.

But, I reckon a combo of tracked four wheeler, (or even a burly 3x3) for early season and then sled for late season is a winner.

Extra scratchy. Spent the night up there so figured I would ski some today. 3 laps and out. Woof. 6-8"+ needed to cover up the man made that's starting to turn yellow.

The manmade is from the sewage treatment plant so maybe it was yellow to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    The manmade is from the sewage treatment plant so maybe it was yellow to begin with.
    Reminds me of the Poconos man made I grew up skiing. Basically just super hard frozen piss water. Sharp edges are your friend!

Anyone want to take bets on Bridger opening day? First to guess the correct opening day, I'll buy you a beer at the griz. Scheduled to open Friday and I give that about a 1% chance of happening...

The BB Patrol Director called me today to check on references for a guy from MLB/BS he has hired. I asked him what he was doing? "Watching it snowmake" was the reply.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    They haven’t built the system yet. They have the permit, but they’re still working on engineering spec approval.

Whitefish opening day just got bumped back. First time (in as long as anyone can remember) that happened. These damn inconvenient truths can frig off.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    They haven’t built the system yet. They have the permit, but they’re still working on engineering spec approval.
    yup, current snowmaking at Big Sky is using Lake Levinsky, (according to a stoked skier snowmaker dude I was chatting with on the trolley)

I thought that it was YC that was going to use the shitty greywater..? ColoRado does...

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Anyone want to take bets on Bridger opening day? First to guess the correct opening day, I'll buy you a beer at the griz. Scheduled to open Friday and I give that about a 1% chance of happening...
    I’ll call Christmas Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I have bogged down most wheeled or tracked mountain machines known to man in the super faceted early season Montucky snow.

But, I reckon a combo of tracked four wheeler, (or even a burly 3x3) for early season and then sled for late season is a winner.
    Same, have a long, multi-year history of epics in Hyalite Canyon LONG before it was plowed trying to get past the dam to shorten the approach for ice routes. Breaking chains, walking out, skiing down the entire canyon, etc......That canyon was always interesting in the early 90's.

TH, what came of the tracked Samurai? I remember reading about that and seeing your pics and was always impressed, seemed fun.

Almost looks like October with the 2 inches of snow that fell last night at 6800 feet. Heading out to tackle the Pocono style slope conditions. Yellow snow always reminds me of Frank Zappa.

Dreamed I was an eskimo
    Frozen wind began to blow
    Under my boots and around my toes
    The frost that bit the ground below

It was a hundred degrees below zero...
    And my mama cried
    And my mama cried
    Nanook, a-no-no
    Nanook, a-no-no
    Don't be a naughty eskimo

Save your money, don't go to the show
    Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh