Page 779 of 891 FirstFirst ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... LastLast
Results 19,451 to 19,475 of 22256
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Great river pic but I'm more impressed you got the shot on that stretch without a single wade fisherman.
    It was dead up there all week.

High school graduation today. Congratulations to class of 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Dang, love the puppy.

River pic:

What an image!

Anyone shooting TAC at the end of the month?

I won't be shooting but try to avoid getting skewered by an arrow when the Sitka course is set up at Big Sky. Looks like a lot of fun and the turn out is getting huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Anyone shooting TAC at the end of the month?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I won't be shooting but try to avoid getting skewered by an arrow when the Sitka course is set up at Big Sky. Looks like a lot of fun and the turn out is getting huge.
    Haha yeah there are three of us heading down from Alberta together. One buddy shot last year and had a blast. We barely got signed up on opening day this year. You would have everything in your cart, go to pay and book it was gone already.I think we are sitting sitka on Sunday. Shooting something Friday. Couldn't get anything Saturday.

Vibes to all affected.

Seen hundreds of Texas plates in town the past year or two, but only a couple California plates. That whole CA thing is so overblown.

It's really too bad the Indians didn't have social media 150 years ago.

Isn't lane splitting legal now?

Yep lane splitting.is legal. In other news had a guy rage out on me on the road and hour ago. Flew around me almost clipping me, braked checked me. When I pulled over to let him go down the road he pulled over.

I had already put a round in the chamber, just sat there letting him yell at me. Did not brandish. He figured it out and drove off.

I would not be surprised to see a full scale breakdown of society in the coming decades. Already happening in sf, la, pfx etc..

Hope that cheers you all up

Nah. So we were in LA about seven years ago, visiting friends and checking out schools with the daughter. We were staying in Marina Dull Rey and traffic sucked just like when we lived there. Except it was a lot more chill. People weren't all agro and fighting for an inch. They let you in, merge, change lanes... Sure, you only had a few inches to spare when changing lanes at 85 mph, but people were way more cool than 20 years ago. I asked our friend about it and he shrugged, "That's because everyone's baked now".

So I don't see a societal breakdown happening in LA any time soon.

There are more homeless drug addicted loonies in LA county than the entire population of Bozeman MT. 60,000

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    There are more homeless drug addicted loonies in LA county than the entire population of Bozeman MT. 60,000
    Citation, please?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    In a city of 4 million and a county of 10 million that's crazy.

It would be better if they were just alcoholic losers pissing their paychecks away while watching faux news.

Why do that when you can go full send.

If I was homeless it would be somewhere warm

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    If I was homeless it would be somewhere warm
    Gary Cooper, when asked how he ended up in L.A., said if he was going to starve, he'd rather do it where it was warm.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Seen hundreds of Texas plates in town the past year or two, but only a couple California plates. That whole CA thing is so overblown.
    Kinda sucks for me when I drive home, my newer cars have CA plates and I’m leery of parking them at trailheads and such. And at that eventual date when I finally do get to retire, yeah I’m moving back home and everyone’s gonna think ‘great, another asshole from California’

I mean I am an asshole, but…

As far as the homeless, remember that South Park homeless zombie episode, with the cover of ‘California Love’? Yeah other states bus theirs here.

I saw not a single mention in that article of booze, drugs, or mental health.

When this event started 7 or 8 years ago there were 4 or 5 archers stumbling around a corner of Big Sky looking for the handful of 3D targets to release an arrow towards. I had no idea that there was an opening day sign up and opportunities to shoot filled so quickly now. This explains all the lost arrows in the grass and pine needles after the event is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Haha yeah there are three of us heading down from Alberta together. One buddy shot last year and had a blast. We barely got signed up on opening day this year. You would have everything in your cart, go to pay and book it was gone already.I think we are sitting sitka on Sunday. Shooting something Friday. Couldn't get anything Saturday.

Swimmy, your photos keep getting better and better.

RE: Lane Splitting. About a month ago I was sitting at a light on the Autobahn (Huffine or Jackrabbit, take your pick) and 2 motorcyclist split the lane to pass me. I was all WTF???? Then I remembered it is now legal here. Stupid but legal. So it goes.

Just back from a quick run down to a new site in Big Sky, tourist traffic hasn't really kicked in but holy shit was 191 packed, mainly with haul trucks and transfer or side dumps hauling material down to Big Sky. That and excavators. Buddy tried to rent a small full sized Ex 180-220 size, nothing available including the one he had reserved. He wanted one with a thumb cause he is planting a shitload of trees. He was lucky to get a leaky POS Case. Saw 2 full sized Exs from a Lewistown rental company turning into Big Sky. I didn't think shit could get any busier than 2 years ago and last year proved me wrong.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    What an image!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Swimmy, your photos keep getting better and better.
    Hey thanks!

June in SW Montana NEVER disappoints. This morning was no exception.