Page 576 of 891 FirstFirst ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... LastLast
Results 14,376 to 14,400 of 22259
    Can't really answer your question re Colter Bay campground but I will say I got a solar charger for maybe $120 at Harbor Freight and it seems to provide enough juice to keep using the RV heater and lights when hookups are not available for multiple days. My trailer has a solar hookup, if yours doesn't you may need some kind of converter. Or maybe you can connect it directly to your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Can't really answer your question re Colter Bay campground but I will say I got a solar charger for maybe $120 at Harbor Freight and it seems to provide enough juice to keep using the RV heater and lights when hookups are not available for multiple days. My trailer has a solar hookup, if yours doesn't you may need some kind of converter. Or maybe you can connect it directly to your battery.
    Yeah I’m going to do that and need to get into specifics. How many watts and what model do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Yeah I’m going to do that and need to get into specifics. How many watts and what model do you have?
    I have this one. Cheaper than I thought.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-wat...nel-63940.html

Some photos from last couple weeks:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	371993

Name:	IMG_0056-3.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	371994

Name:	IMG_0058-2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	371995

Name:	IMG_0091-4.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	371996

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	371997

Awwwww yeah!!!!......ted always brings it++++

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Sick photos Ted

Super random:
    Anyone know someone in Big Sky that wants to make $50 bucks for like 30 minutes of work today? I have to get 5 sheets of drywall up the stairs to a 2nd floor Hill Condo I am working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Sick photos Ted

Super random:
    Anyone know someone in Big Sky that wants to make $50 bucks for like 30 minutes of work today? I have to get 5 sheets of drywall up the stairs to a 2nd floor Hill Condo I am working on.
    Sent you a PM.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

^ i'm up there everyday w a flexible schedule. get in touch if you need random help. my gc is all over the map, work is sporadic. i am 2 min from the hill condos

Nice start to the week.

Did a quick lunch tour at Goose Creek today. Conditions were good, probably picked up half the snow that the Bridgers did Sunday night. Still able to skin/ski from the lot but that will likely change in next week or so.

Pic is a winner. Golf clap
    always forward but never straight

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Can't even imagine going skiing again this year.

This is why we're not friends. Sorry not sorry.

Fuck mountain biking, and all the reckless summer activities. Summer is off-season.

Ski or die.

#summersucks

Last edited by ODHGABFE; 04-22-2021 at 09:04 AM.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

*Heavier Golf Clapping*

Welp, it finally happened. My landlord is raising my rent almost $400 bucks per month lol. I've been coasting month to month for the past year and have lived in this place over 3 years. Must have slipped through the cracks when new prop management took over. Damnit.

::::moves to van down by the river or Townsend::::

Duuuude. I’m sorry. Landlord is a dirty word. Mine is a slum lord.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Whats the word on snowpack on Beartooth?

Never mind scrolled down and there it was

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Whats the word on snowpack on Beartooth?
    Things are kind of thin overall but the usual stuff is filled in. Beartooth front (Red Lodge, East Rosebud) got a lot of snow leading into last weekend that brought a lot of lines back from the dead. Not sure how much of that energy progressed over the plateau, Beartooth Lake SNOTEL hasn't recorded much SWE

Decent conditions at GD the past few days, still skiing to the lot. If it holds till May that will make 8 months in a row with at least some skiing on Belmont. Which is weird because it has been a pretty mediocre snow year in Central MT.

Don't know if this will help but we stayed there last week of May, first week of June last year and there wasn't any snow.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    This is a random question and I thought I’d try here, but does anybody have any beta on how much snow is still on the ground at the Colter Bay campground near Moran WY?

Is there typically still snow on the ground there the first weekend in June? We have reservations there the first weekend in June in a pop up with a three year old and a five year old. We have a furnace but can’t go too many nights without shore power. No electric hookups.

Thanks!

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/258830

I'll be driving up through Bozeman tomorrow afternoon (heading to the big belt hut on saturday). how is the snowpack transitioning? originally I had grand plans to skin up Bridger Friday evening, but daytime highs in the upper 60s in bozeman has me thinking this is a bad idea. Anyone want to convince me otherwise?

Anyone have any good beta for the big belt hut?

Any good camp spots you'd care to share between west yellowstone and townsend? Will probably just end up camping at the trailhead for the hut but maybe lazy and just post up near west yellowstone and finish the drive saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I'll be driving up through Bozeman tomorrow afternoon (heading to the big belt hut on saturday). how is the snowpack transitioning? originally I had grand plans to skin up Bridger Friday evening, but daytime highs in the upper 60s in bozeman has me thinking this is a bad idea. Anyone want to convince me otherwise?

Any good camp spots you'd care to share between west yellowstone and townsend? Will probably just end up camping at the trailhead for the hut but maybe lazy and just post up near west yellowstone and finish the drive saturday morning.
    Things are going to be pretty cooked at BB tomorrow afternoon. Plenty of snow, but I don't think it's gonna freeze until Saturday night. Never been to the Belt hut but have heard good things, some serious alpine terrain back there.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post

I'm sure you got the map showing ski zones from the hut website. Sounds like the north side of Baldy is the gnar zone.

If you make it to Townsend there's a very convenient campground on the north end of town, on the right side of Hwy 287 just before you cross the bridge over the Missouri River. I think it's called Indian Road Campground and it's mostly empty this time of year, but it's open and I think it's free.

Post up some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Things are going to be pretty cooked at BB tomorrow afternoon. Plenty of snow, but I don't think it's gonna freeze until Saturday night. Never been to the Belt hut but have heard good things, some serious alpine terrain back there.
    Yea that's what i figured, but i was hoping that maybe the snow would have transitioned to a summer snowpack already and that overnight freezes were less important. I guess I can't will the world to bend to my fantasies tho

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm sure you got the map showing ski zones from the hut website. Sounds like the north side of Baldy is the gnar zone.

If you make it to Townsend there's a very convenient campground on the north end of town, on the right side of Hwy 287 just before you cross the bridge over the Missouri River. I think it's called Indian Road Campground and it's mostly empty this time of year, but it's open and I think it's free.

Post up some pics!
    Thanks for the beta on the campground and i'll post some pics next week when I get back!