Page 568 of 891 FirstFirst ... 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,200 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    thoughts on the big Machine Tuner at Grizzly? Im looking to bring a board back to life and give it a racing structure, my buddy says this is the place to go.
    I used Grizzly for a base grind once and wasn't happy with the fact the edges were high by about 1/16 of an inch. Should have checked at the shop but had to go back with a straight edge and show them. The second grind was fine, but doing it right the first time is my expectation. The machines are only as good as the technician using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    thoughts on the big Machine Tuner at Grizzly? Im looking to bring a board back to life and give it a racing structure, my buddy says this is the place to go.
    I have used Lone Mountain Sports up on the mountain a bunch of times and I think they are way better. Their employees are top notch, always been very happy with their work.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I have used Lone Mountain Sports up on the mountain a bunch of times and I think they are way better. Their employees are top notch, always been very happy with their work.

X2

Got a stone grind there just last night and am happy with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

X2

Got a stone grind there just last night and am happy with the result.

Love it, you got a stone grind this weekend and then another one last night.

How much longer are you and the family around?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Starting to get a little thin...
    Name:  PXL_20210315_200251551~2.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  87.1 KB
    Last edited by toastybroski; 03-16-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Love it, you got a stone grind this weekend and then another one last night.

How much longer are you and the family around?
    headed out tomorrow

thanks wrg for the help today! appreciate the nod harry!

my storage unit has plenty of room if anyone needs space for their pallets of black tar heroin or human trafficking side hustles!

Just a heads up, we've been slammed with rentals at LMS so shop turn around times may be a little slower than usual. FKN A I hate Texas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You can get free stone grinds all over Lone Peak, I don't know why you'd pay us to do it

Rumor has it Dirt Bag is tomorrow (Wed.) and the venue is somewhere up on that lonely little mountain to the south of Andesite.

Wear a costume on the inside.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This weekend is looking like we may be in for a little refresh.

If you’re a BB Assoc. member be on the lookout for another ballot in the mail. First one didn’t count so you have to fill another out.

Rumor has it Dirt Bag is tomorrow (Wed.) and the venue is somewhere up on that lonely little mountain to the south of Andesite.
    Dirt Bag is on Pioneer Mountain? That is awesome! Are Bill and Oprah going to crown the king and queen this year?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    thanks wrg for the help today! appreciate the nod harry!

my storage unit has plenty of room if anyone needs space for their pallets of black tar heroin or human trafficking side hustles!
    Happy to help dude!

Skied Big Mtn in Whitefish yesterday. I saw Panic there back in '99 but first time skiing and we really had a nice time. Warm, no wind, and lots of sun.

As others have mentioned, the views from the summit looking into Glacier Nat'l Park were spectacular.

Snow was soft and by end of day became mush. But it wasn't hard finding nice snow and I almost forgot how fun spring skiing can be.

Fish, ski, fish, ski. Great time of year.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    That looks very enjoyable Swimmy!

Anyone skiing the Really Big, has it been actually softening up yet or still kinda windboard skiing?

The Forest Service has rejected a company’s application to explore heli-skiing in the Centennial Mountains after concerns over impacts on denning grizzly bears and avalanches emerged.

The U.S. Forest Service considered two permits — a temporary special use permit and a research permit — submitted by Rocky Mountain Heli, which was first registered on Dec. 7 in Montana.

A temporary special use permit would have allowed Rocky Mountain Heli to try heli-skiing in the Centennial Mountains for a limited period this winter.

A research permit would have authorized information-gathering on Idaho’s Sawtell and Reas peaks. The company sought to collect weather and snowpack data on different slopes by fixed-wing aircraft and snowmobiles. The research permit would not have authorized heli-skiing.

Elizabeth Davy, Ashland/Island Park district ranger for the Caribou-Targhee National Forest, said Tuesday she is no longer considering Rocky Mountain Heli’s bid to establish a heli-skiing operation on the Idaho side of the Centennial Mountains.

Davy said she decided against issuing either of the permits because she worried about the impacts of heli-skiing on grizzly bears. She also worried about safety risks posed by avalanches.

“I said it’s not worth it for this type of use and for how little use (Rocky Mountain Heli) would have in the Centennial Mountains,” Davy said.

Several public comments on the project acknowledged grizzly bear research that Davy’s team wasn’t aware of, she said. Davy presented the information to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the agency agreed helicopter activity could harm denning bears.

Andrea Zaccardi, senior attorney for the Center for Biological Diversity, said her organization shared several scientific studies about the impacts of helicopters on denning grizzlies with the Caribou-Targhee National Forest.

The research suggests noise from low-flying or landing helicopters can wake bears from hibernation, Zaccardi said. Grizzlies have been known to abandon their dens or seek shelter elsewhere in the winter, which biologists have said can “cause injury to denning females and possible mortality of cubs.”

“We are happy that the FS recognized the potential threat of heli-skiing in the Centennials and determined that protecting the wildlife there was of most importance,” Zaccardi said.

Davy also said she thought heli-skiing posed a safety risk, as several areas proposed for use were avalanche-prone chutes. Avalanches could threaten other people recreating in the area, she said.

“We’re very pleased that she made that decision,” said Hilary Eisen, policy director for the Winter Wildlands Alliance. “That area is just not an appropriate place for heli-skiing. Between use conflict and wildlife conflict and impacts to nearby wilderness areas and potential wilderness areas, it just didn’t make sense there.”

The Centennial Mountains run east to west along the Montana-Idaho border. The Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest and several special designations exist on the Montana side of the range, including a recommended wilderness area and a national wildlife refuge. The designations limit opportunities for recreation.

The Caribou-Targhee National Forest lies on the Idaho side of the range. The area has few special designations and is a popular destination for snowmobilers and skiers.

Davy began working with heli-skiing permit applicants about a year-and-a-half ago, she said. Rocky Mountain Heli first proposed exploring heli-skiing in five zones, but three were abandoned because they overlapped with wolverine denning territories.

Jeremy Henrichon, the registered agent for Rocky Mountain Heli, said the company still wants to pursue heli-skiing in the Centennials but needs to learn more about wolverines and grizzly bears in the range.

“We’re definitely looking at the zones and studying them with our team,” Henrichon said. “We’re also taking feedback from the Forest Service and trying to figure out what zones to go in and stay away from.”

Henrichon said interest in a heli-skiing operation in the Centennials arose in large part because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Access to some popular areas outside of the Lower 48 was restricted amid the pandemic, so Rocky Mountain Heli wanted to expand bookings to the Centennials, he said.

Henrichon’s goal is still to keep bookings open and available to the public, and he wants to offer Bozeman locals a discount.

Rocky Mountain Heli also hopes to increase knowledge about the snowpack and avalanches in the Centennials, Henrichon said. The company’s team has several of the country’s top snow-safety experts and guides, he said.

Henrichon hopes to make information from the company’s avalanche studies and test pits public so all backcountry users can reference them. He also intends to consult with other use groups in the area to “see if there is a way we can make it work for everyone in the area.”
    No surprises there.

Several huh, care to drop some names?

Fuck heli skiing. We don't need that weak ass shit in Montana.

Kinda Big hasn't landed a snowflake in more than a week, and almost no wind to improve the situation. I'm staying away until the mountain heals itself, if it does.

Going down to celebrate the snake eviction, look at a job site and get some Vitamin D. Hopefully if softens.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That looks very enjoyable Swimmy!

Anyone skiing the Really Big, has it been actually softening up yet or still kinda windboard skiing?
    Work north to south and you can find the goods all day.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Skied Big Mtn in Whitefish yesterday. I saw Panic there back in '99
    I was there. It was fun, maybe too fun. I am not surprised Panic never got invited back.

I was at that Panic show as well. My wife's 21st birthday. She still talks to this day about all the people slipping and falling down the hill going to and from the beer concessions. Wish they still had concerts up there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As much as I‘ve ragged on whitefish in the past, a sunny day of skiing there (be it corn or powder), can yield some unbelievably good skiing. Really stoked that you timed it right swimmy, and not having any wind is the icing on the cake.

Did ya spend any time in the downtown area?

Fuck Big Sky.

Shedhorn, closed, Dakota broken, tram closed (slide for life and I don't have access but it thins out the other lines). Not really softening up.

Lines were big, 1/2 not masking and to top it off, get on a chair with 3 punters from elsewhere and one promptly fire up his backpack boombox and proceeds to play shitty music very loudly. Since I asked to join them I didn't ask him to turn that shit down.

I don't think I can do this any longer.

Name:  Dirt Bag Grizzly.jpg
Views: 1572
Size:  109.7 KB

I don't think I can do this any longer.
    The Dirt Bag crew was really getting after it on Grizzly this afternoon. Sun, soft snow & stoke.