Page 587 of 891 FirstFirst ... 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... LastLast
Results 14,651 to 14,675 of 22273
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Things are getting sorta scary. I was at a job site on the north side of Lone Mtn today and the creeks that normally have water in them this time of year have dried up.
    Yeah, there is a section of the Lobo trail at the bike park that always has running water through the summer. Was bone dry dust in the race last weekend.

Looks like I will have to show you around a little bit, eh Harry??

Fond farewells, and righteous hellos - life is about the trip, not the destination
    Gravity. It's the law.

Just drove up Grizzly Gulch, fire(s) appear to be out.

Firefighters doing an amazing job getting this shit tamped down locally this year.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just drove up Grizzly Gulch, fire(s) appear to be out.

Firefighters doing an amazing job getting this shit tamped down locally this year.
    Local rag reports that a hiker banged on a door in Bear Gulch at 5:15. If someone hadn’t been doing a sunrise hike on the ridge, that could have been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Definitely gov dime, likely Forest Service contract. I work ATC in SoCal foothill areas that like to catch fire, and I talk to the Twin Commander guys a fair bit cuz they tend to set up shop just outside my airspace.

Was driving through Helena last week and saw one of the 10 Tanker DC-10 very large air tankers parked there, so they're available if needed.
    very cool insight and job JB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Local rag reports that a hiker banged on a door in Bear Gulch at 5:15. If someone hadn’t been doing a sunrise hike on the ridge, that could have been bad.
    Yeah I just read that story. Damn lucky that early hiker came along and no wind. Sheesh.

It's hot, gross, and smokey, like that chick you picked up in that scuzzy bar one time so it was nice to run across this video from February when I was flushing out my picture files.

Holy shit, we actually got about 1.5 hrs of a soaking rain in the valley. Less than a .25 of an inch but much needed moisture.

Meanwhile down in Big Sky afternoon T-showers keep douching different areas pretty much every afternoon. Looked a a site today that was downhill from last Thursday afternoons deluge, estimated to be 1" of rain in about 40 minutes. The site was ready for staking and forming concrete. They were set back by 3-4 days due to run on from the ski trail above the property and the neighboring houses hardscape and roof and foundation drains.

Same downpour rearranged multiple 35-50 lb boulders in the roadside ditches, moved some of them 50' down channel. I would have liked to have been there to watch.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

We were getting drilled by lightining for a good 30 minutes. That shit was right on top of us. But holy cow, I'm looking at Mt Ellis - no smoke!

I’d like to think it was locally a bit more than 1/4 inch in downtown Bozeman, as I was caught without a rain jacket in it

Basement flooded, streets were rivers for a few minutes.

Nevertheless, an amazing rain that I wish we got on a weekly basis. Humidity is at 80 percent this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Was pretty weird/difficult driving in the rain/dark last night. Realized it had been a loooong time since I did that. Tahoe to Bozeman in one push is pretty long.

I've probably asked this before. Family coming in next week. My dad and brother are classic east coast spinning gear/bait fisherman. Rent a boat on Hebgen or Canyon Ferry? Other good options for throwing spinners?

Fun and scenic to toss spinners with 2lb test on fairy lake. Bonus short walk to see tame goats.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Humidity is at 80 percent this morning!
    It feels like New England and that's a welcome change after the weather so far this summer!
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Welp. Two helicopters on this- hope they get it handled before the afternoon.

I thought this was a fly line on a map
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I've probably asked this before. Family coming in next week. My dad and brother are classic east coast spinning gear/bait fisherman. Rent a boat on Hebgen or Canyon Ferry? Other good options for throwing spinners?
    Since they are likely springing $$$ for a 3 day MT license a few more options: Rat Lake, Albino Lake (off Taylor Fork Rd) and if they don't mind a stroll through the forest and parking lot mayhem (maybe they are used to it coming from the East) Lava Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Since they are likely springing $$$ for a 3 day MT license a few more options: Rat Lake, Albino Lake (off Taylor Fork Rd) and if they don't mind a stroll through the forest and parking lot mayhem (maybe they are used to it coming from the East) Lava Lake.
    Ok awesome, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Ok awesome, thanks!
    You're welcome!

Lava Lake = awesome spin fishing

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

With Chop Suey and Loyal Fans, a Butte, Montana Kitchen Keeps the Flame Burning

Pekin Noodle Parlor, one of the nation’s oldest Chinese restaurants, says goodbye to its longtime owner but holds tight to its colorful past and city.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/03/d...smid=url-share

Meow....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^ pussy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fire mt 8-8-21.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	381792

big belts... wondering bout the hut and of course all the nice woods up there.

Anyone know if Fairy Lake road is open again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Damn.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fairly Lake Rd is open since Aug 1st, but they are still working in the area. BMW project might create some closures this fall.

Has anyone stayed at a FS cabin in the Belts? I think there are 2 besides the private hut.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

I’m friends with one of the leaseholders/operators. I haven’t seen him post anything about it yet. But the map doesn’t look good