Page 690 of 891 FirstFirst ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... LastLast
Results 17,226 to 17,250 of 22273
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Check the National Park IG page. I think I read something about getting people out there but I'm not sure when or even if that was it.

Yeah been heavy road work, some commercial activity, as well as foot and bike traffic since ~7/20. Will check IG though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    According to this link, road is still closed.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Thanks hadn't seen that update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 9.14.32 PM.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	422850

Had reservations at Slough Creek for October, back to the drawing board.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Road reopens later this week from Tower to Slough Creek. Day use only, must exit by 4:30pm. Reservations required.

Sounds like campground will stay closed, but backcountry camping still permitted.

Maybe you should get a backcountry site ?

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...73daedd3a.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Road reopens later this week from Tower to Slough Creek. Day use only, must exit by 4:30pm. Reservations required.

Sounds like campground will stay closed, but backcountry camping still permitted.

Maybe you should get a backcountry site ?

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...73daedd3a.html

Got a couple health issues w the party so it's gotta be at minimum a campground. Just going to have to sub in another destination and see if we can get lucky w reservations for next year.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Ok asking again. Camping anywhere near Kettlehouse? Attempted to go up W. Twin a couple weeks ago after the JRAD show. Gated. Ended up camping under the bridge and luckily no trailers/boats showed up too early to unload.

Looking for something somewhat reliable for a Tues and Weds night next week during Billy Strings shows. Ideally room for up to 3 vehicles. Trying to not do the scramble at 12am trying to hop on some FS road that may or may not be gated. Especially with the GF along on this one.

Name:	Screenshot_20220802-140258.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	422914

Green is FS, may be able to find a nearby spot on the N side of the Blackfoot. I've seen some campers in that area recently.

Frick Billy is gonna be fun. Catching the last three shows of the tour after Bonner, so damn excited. I’ll ask around for camping bets, always figured there’s gotta be a little spot or two nearby.

Sick ride upallnight, towns are stupid busy but the woods still provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Ok asking again. Camping anywhere near Kettlehouse? Attempted to go up W. Twin a couple weeks ago after the JRAD show. Gated. Ended up camping under the bridge and luckily no trailers/boats showed up too early to unload.

Looking for something somewhat reliable for a Tues and Weds night next week during Billy Strings shows. Ideally room for up to 3 vehicles. Trying to not do the scramble at 12am trying to hop on some FS road that may or may not be gated. Especially with the GF along on this one.
    I think you can download the FS Travel Plan by district that details every roads status.

Yep. I was going off OnX but couldn't find an FS MVU map/travel plan for that actual area of the NF. Gotta keep digging.

Edit to add:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5445101.pdf

Surprisingly little legal road in that large area above Bonner.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post

Not near Kettlehouse, but at the south end of town follow Miller Creek Road and just keep going into the hills. It was a huge logging road 30 years ago. Real gentle grade, fantastic beginner gravel bike terrain. It probably goes back 20 miles.

There is a road connecting it to Bonner too, but I think it’s gated now. Not sure though.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The abundance of homeless people who gather in Missoula has resulted in most camping close to town being closed off. You could possibly find a place to park up Deer Creek Road, across the Clark Fork from Bonner, although the teenage set likes to party up there. I always camp at the KOA a block off Reserve Street. Costs a few bucks but it's actually quite nice for urban camping.

Anyway I'll be at the Decemberists show tomorrow night at the Kettlehouse, maybe I'll poke around and see if I can find anything nearby that doesn't look totally scummy.

ETA: I just asked my buddy who's a lifelong Missoulian and he says pretty much no dice these days. He says closest camping to Bonner would be the Turah RV park or Beavertail Hill State Park, both east of town on I-90.

Thank you gents. A friend of a friend just mentioned something about a "new campground near Kettlehouse".....hmmm. You really think someone would want to capitalize on the summer concert crowd if they had the land to do it somewhat nearby.

Speaking of outdoor live music: Did Bridger Brewing just put the major brakes on their amphitheater in Three Forks? Zero info on it past summer 2021. Doesn't seem like they are building any of it yet the new Tap Room is now open.

Huh? Pinky and the Floyd are opening it in a few weeks.

On caltopo you can check the MVUM box which generally shows which roads are open to vehicles.

But yeah I think trying that turah rv park would be a good idea. Pretty convenient to get to bonner kettlehouse from there. Or even up allen creek road- it goes up a long way and there are some little side roads and open flat spots.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Huh? Pinky and the Floyd are opening it in a few weeks.
    Seems like they are just playing in the parking lot or something. I have yet to see a picture of any actual venue.

Speaking of music, had a great time at my first Red Ants Pants festival Saturday night. Been waiting 20+ years to see Son Volt and they were awesome. Then Grace Potter, who I never even heard of, absolutely knocked my socks off. Wow she put on a show. Great vibe in the cow pasture.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Sorry for yet another camping recommendations post. I’m looking for something over by sandpoint that can fit a truck camper. Getting some downhill biking in will be fun. I don’t love campgrounds but if they’re nice that’s fine. OnX showed me a couple of spots but the drives were questionable if there was enough clearance.

Edit: also, anyone have any billy tickets for sale? The resellers want a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Sorry for yet another camping recommendations post. I’m looking for something over by sandpoint that can fit a truck camper. Getting some downhill biking in will be fun. I don’t love campgrounds but if they’re nice that’s fine. OnX showed me a couple of spots but the drives were questionable if there was enough clearance.

Edit: also, anyone have any billy tickets for sale? The resellers want a fortune.
    Free camping up at Schweitzer in the lower two lots at the traffic circle. Seems like vans and trucks use the northeast one while the rvs use the southwest one. Gets cooler up there at night and you can ride right from camp.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Speaking of music, had a great time at my first Red Ants Pants festival Saturday night. Been waiting 20+ years to see Son Volt and they were awesome. Then Grace Potter, who I never even heard of, absolutely knocked my socks off. Wow she put on a show. Great vibe in the cow pasture.
    Love Son Volt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cguara5p...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cguara5p...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Reads like these guys just discovered what a thesaurus is. Good for them, expanding knowledge at any age is a good thing.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	856.2 KB 
ID:	423124

Anybody got a spare fuck the YC sticker?

swing your fucking sword.