Page 684 of 892 FirstFirst ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... LastLast
Results 17,076 to 17,100 of 22283
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Is the current van lot just bsoa looking the other way? Just letting it go or?
    Your guess is as good as mine. If Boyne begins charging for RV/Van space they will not look the other way at dollars lost or not earned.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Has fairy lake road opened to the upper lot yet?
    Opened up around 12:30 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It will be RV and van parking for overnight stays this summer.
    $45/nt for bare dirt and no services.

Sounds low to me....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

They have to charge that or it would look like the hooverville behind Lowes

Fortunately vanning in and around big sky is easy. Big garish RVs are another story but decent looking or better vans are welcome anywhere pretty much. Ppl know housing is out of touch w reality. I'm working up there now. Getting out of the upcoming heat of Bozeman will be nice.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

If you are unhappy with your job and can really operate a Skidsteer shoot me a PM.

Will do

If byates operates a skidsteer the way he cooks food, Bunion will be working with a master.
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Will do

Missoula peeps: Thibodeau Campground? Want to camp after the Ween show on Weds night. In an ideal world I would leave Weds morning to secure a camping spot midday before the show. In reality we don't get to town from Bozo until late afternoon and will have to find a spot in the dark at like midnight. FS roads with decent pull outs in the area?

I thought I recently read that Johnsrud road was closed this summer for construction, so check that out.

Many years since I drove it, but come back towards Missoula a few miles and look up West Fork road (I thought it was West Fork Gold Creek), I'd think there are good pullouts up there. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is there any camping up near Marshall Mountain or Ski Bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Is there any camping up near Marshall Mountain or Ski Bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Looking on OnX there is a lot of surrounding FS land with roads.

People do uh, "camp" on marshall canyon road. And deer creek road. You can't park overnight in the marshall lot, and the person that lives up there on the other side of the road likes to call the city and the cops to complain. The two FS roads that go off marshall canyon are gated so no driving up somewhere and camping from there.

Gold creek/twin creek you could definitely just drive up and camp kind of wherever, and then there's a campground/rv park in turah that you could check out if you wanted something with facilities. There's a store and you're only a few miles from bonner.

Hadn't heard about jonsrud but wow yeah they're paving it all the way to whitaker bridge. Seems you wouldn't be able to get to that campground even from the east side?

Anyone have an beta on The Great One?

Quote Originally Posted by SchuCrew View Post
    I heard that the middle section is melted out requiring the down climb.

I've asked this before many pages back I believe. Best places to stay/rent a boat for flat water fishing? Want to get my pops out for a trip later this summer or early fall. He's a spinner/bait guy. Flathead? Fort Peck?

From the Bozeman area, I'd look to head west some and get into the mountains. Seeley Lake, Flathead Lake or even the smaller locations in the Flathead Valley. Unless this is a later fall trip.

Seeley could be trouble in finding a place to stay as I've heard the only hotel(s) were rented out or bought by Paws-up resort for their employee housing.

Some good prices on Seeley Lake AirBnB in Sept. That may be the ticket. Love that area.

Quote Originally Posted by SchuCrew View Post
    Looks like someone already went for a bad ride involving S&R.

WrG- Seeley is prob a good call. Ft Peck is Huge and a drive. Unless you have a guide or know your way around I'd skip that even though it's a great fishery. Flathead is great as well but can turn into serious water quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Canyon Ferry not an option? Closer than Seeley and Flathead...

Or Holter below

Or Ennis if you also want nice views

Lake Mary Ronan (south of Kalispell) has great fishing. Used to be a small place that rented boats but that was a long time ago.

What about Hebgan ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters