Page 673 of 891 FirstFirst ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,825 of 22270
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Is that a chute at BB? 'Cause it looks suspiciously familiar to one my kid dragged me up to when I visited in February...
    Nope

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3702.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	563.4 KB 
ID:	415417

^Sweet. The shadow line on the ridge is so sharp it looks like a jigsaw puzzle.

The contrast of those last two photos outlines Montana in a day for an outdoor junkie.

Ridge skiing with skins!

I liked the contrast with Swimmy's pic too - the perfect MT spring day.

I still remember Powder Magazine coming out with the Little Areas That Rock in the early 90's. Bridger Bowl was one of them. The quote was something like: "The Ridge. It separates light from dark, men from boys, and quite a few boots from bindings." Ha. Still remember that almost 30 years later!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    With a lunchtime high desert ride thrown in for good measure.

I still remember Powder Magazine coming out with the Little Areas That Rock in the early 90's. Bridger Bowl was one of them. The quote was something like: "The Ridge. It separates light from dark, men from boys, and quite a few boots from bindings." Ha. Still remember that almost 30 years later!!
    Was that the article that began, "of course, i bought a pick up truck"? I remember reading such an article as a child and can't, for the fucking life of me, find the article about skiing in Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    The contrast of those last two photos outlines Montana in a day for an outdoor junkie.
    I realize this place is far from perfect. But it you are into fishing/skiing, there is no better place to call home than SW Montana. I'm grateful to be able to make it work.

NWFlow - I found the old article I was talking about: https://www.powder.com/stories/class...le-areas-rock/

Fun read....

Good turns at bbowl this morning except for the lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Good turns at bbowl this morning except for the lightning
    Ride the lightening!

Another nice storm rolling through today/tonight. Wish we could've gotten this earlier in the season but better late than never. These spring storms have done wonders for the snowpack.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    These spring storms have done wonders for the snowpack.
    And perhaps most importantly, the watershed and the fire season hopefully.

Oh, and look at that donut hole! I'm right in the center of it.

The Bridger's getting blasted tonight. Surfs up tomorrow

Shame on anyone with functioning limbs who isn't going skiing today/tomorrow. That's all i'll say. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Shame on anyone with functioning limbs who isn't going skiing today/tomorrow. That's all i'll say. Enjoy!!
    Hahhaha. You have functional lower extremities. I skied all over bridger in a long arm cast in my youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Hahhaha. You have functional lower extremities. I skied all over bridger in a long arm cast in my youth.
    Sure, with a situation like that I would be going for it. With an arm thats barely in the socket and loose floating socket rim piece in there....yeah just fucking stupid to risk it again right now. And the pain just wouldn't be worth it. If I was 22 years old and pounding PBRs I would be out there skiing right now.

Sure, with a situation like that I would be going for it. With an arm thats barely in the socket and loose floating socket rim piece in there....yeah just fucking stupid to risk it again right now. And the pain just wouldn't be worth it. If I was 22 years old and pounding PBRs I would be out there skiing right now.
    Agree, getting old and smart has advantages/disadvantages.

Yeah, when Kelleher at Alpine carved my shoulder up like a Thanksgiving turkey, he wanted me to take almost all the season off. I bargained for January 1 and he said fine, just don't fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yeah, when Kelleher at Alpine carved my shoulder up like a Thanksgiving turkey, he wanted me to take almost all the season off. I bargained for January 1 and he said fine, just don't fall down.
    When was your injury/surgery? At this rate I'll be lucky to have surgery before June. Which puts me into November when I can even think about riding a gravel bike. Mellow skiing probably without a pole in Nov/Dec? Maybe bike racing in February.

When was your injury/surgery? At this rate I'll be lucky to have surgery before June. Which puts me into November when I can even think about riding a gravel bike. Mellow skiing probably without a pole in Nov/Dec? Maybe bike racing in February.
    Curious, what is delaying the repair?

Shoulder went pop in July of 2020, saw the butcher 2nd week in August, MRI was a week later but really a formality - torn biceps tendon and torn rotator cuff. Spent the next 3 weeks clearing my schedule and barely sleeping, surgery was first week of September.

Started skiing Jan 1, went without straps on the poles and didn't fall down like directed.

Shoulders still hurt some but that's from the arthritis.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Curious, what is delaying the repair?
    They are busy? IDK. I guess it's normal to have your shit fucked up and not sleep right for a month or longer. Not sure why they don't schedule surgery once it's clear you need it......then figure out what you actually need done in surgery. Initial appt > wait 10 days > MRI > wait another 10 days > CT scan > wait another week.....I guess that's just how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Shoulder went pop in July of 2020, saw the butcher 2nd week in August, MRI was a week later but really a formality - torn biceps tendon and torn rotator cuff. Spent the next 3 weeks clearing my schedule and barely sleeping, surgery was first week of September.

Started skiing Jan 1, went without straps on the poles and didn't fall down like directed.

Shoulders still hurt some but that's from the arthritis.
    Damn. Mine is labrum + broken off piece of bone in the socket. Sounds like they will need to rebuild the socket so probably hardware put in.

I'm hoping to race or at least ride in Mexico next February. I need some kind of actual goal to get me through surgery and PT. Mentally between not being able to do anything fun + big medical bills + crazy housing issues + trying to work injured = fuck.