Page 670 of 884 FirstFirst ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... LastLast
Results 16,726 to 16,750 of 22092

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Don’t be too sad, guys.

I’m sad to say that this morning was the most mismanaged powder day I have ever seen.

I’ve skied many large resorts that get a foot of snow and deal with the crowds… but Big Sky absolutely shit the bed.

I arrived at 8:30, only to find one of the largest lineups I’ve ever seen outside of JHole on a Covid powder day.

Ramcharger 8 down due to mysterious mechanical issues, 500-600 people in Line for Swifty, no communication from lifties or management, and a complete lack of staff to open all the other lifts that would normally be amazing on a big storm day.

Big Sky has 39 fucking lifts … even with high winds and snow they should be able to open Southern Comfort and Thunder Wolf… not to mention that Moonlight is done.

Even the little electronic boards showing the lift status didn’t seem to be working or in sync.

They are smoking crack straight from the pipe if they think they’re going to sell gold passes for $2400 but can’t handle a spring storm on closing weekend.

They even had the park team shoveling out the jumps… I mean can those guys not run a lift? For god sakes what is in the water down in Big Sky that they’re chugging stupid pills with.

lol. I left Belgrade about 8.30 this morning. Stuck in the canyon for half an hour due to an accident. Another hold up going up the mountain. Get there probably about as the lots are filling up, hassled parking employees saying its 125% full and best bet is to go to the meadow and look for the bus. Screw that. Head back down and there are more stuck vehicles and an enormous line of cars still coming up. Total junkshow. Almost 4 hours in the car. Hopefully there's parking in the BB lot tomorrow
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Don’t be too sad, guys.

I’m sad to say that this morning was the most mismanaged powder day I have ever seen.

I’ve skied many large resorts that get a foot of snow and deal with the crowds… but Big Sky absolutely shit the bed.

I arrived at 8:30, only to find one of the largest lineups I’ve ever seen outside of JHole on a Covid powder day.

Ramcharger 8 down due to mysterious mechanical issues, 500-600 people in Line for Swifty, no communication from lifties or management, and a complete lack of staff to open all the other lifts that would normally be amazing on a big storm day. (My guess is that the maze for Swifty was woefully undersized if they even bothered with it).

Big Sky has 39 fucking lifts … even with high winds and snow they should be able to open Southern Comfort and Thunder Wolf… not to mention that Moonlight is done.

Even the little electronic boards showing the lift status didn’t seem to be working or in sync.

They are smoking crack straight from the pipe if they think they’re going to sell gold passes for $2400 but can’t handle a spring storm on closing weekend.

They even had the park team shoveling out the jumps… I mean can those guys not run a lift? For god sakes what is in the water down in Big Sky that they’re chugging stupid pills with.

Thanks for the update and sorry for your frustration. They don't give a fuck about the locals (not that they ever did) and would be just as glad to see us all take our season pass money and fuck right off.

That is my plan.

If you want you can comment to: GM Tnedved@bigskyresort.com CEO Tmiddleton@bigskyresort.com
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Sounds like the complete opposite of yesterday, operations-wise. And crowd-wise. Not surprised half of Bozeman made the trek and it sounds like the resort was unable to hold up its end of the bargain.

Tomorrow OTOH could be great again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    If anyone sends an email to Tay-Tay be sure tell him Harry says hi.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Don’t be too sad, guys.

Ramcharger 8 down due to mysterious mechanical issues, 500-600 people in Line for Swifty, no communication from lifties or management, and a complete lack of staff to open all the other lifts that would normally be amazing on a big storm day.

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    lol. I left Belgrade about 8.30 this morning. Stuck in the canyon for half an hour due to an accident. Another hold up going up the mountain. Get there probably about as the lots are filling up, hassled parking employees saying its 125% full and best bet is to go to the meadow and look for the bus. Screw that. Head back down and there are more stuck vehicles and an enormous line of cars still coming up. Total junkshow. Almost 4 hours in the car. Hopefully there's parking in the BB lot tomorrow
    Ouch.

PS. Skied Bridger and Big Sky in the same day, so that’s a win in my book!

Got out the touring skis and made it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maybe we'll at least get some mediocre 0g pics.

I thought it was a pretty great day. (The AM S Show was for real, though). Tram tomorrow morning will definitely still be worthy!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    I thought it was a pretty great day. (The AM S Show was for real, though). Tram tomorrow morning will definitely still be worthy!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah the day started weird but once you got on the mountain that shit was DEEP. The singles line was the way to go. Great last day for me.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Injury + missing all this late season snow = this sucker probably gonna get on the payment plan for gold again. If the occasional mid-week sleeper day ski on tram laps = crack......then I'm a crack head. Few hits a year is enough for me still at this point I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Injury + missing all this late season snow = this sucker probably gonna get on the payment plan for gold again.
    Glad you are thinking about next season already. Having a goal will help with focus during your recovery. Although Big Sky won't be the same without Bunion. A well worded e-mail to Nedley and Tay-Tay ought to bring them to their senses and provide a free Gold Pass to Bunion.

Bunion as mtn host? Can ski around w people explaining how the place has gone to shit, how great it used to be . Free pass...

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Maybe we'll at least get some mediocre 0g pics.
    Haha I ended up taking today off and hitting the hot springs. Bet it was good but I have no fomo after yesterday. I was physically and spiritually beat after the last few weeks of BS missions. Fun end to the season though.

I'll still get a flex or another blue next year. Spring Headwaters is way too fun not to. It usually ends up being some of my favorite turns of the year, right up there with the mid-winter Bridger pow cycle that we never got this year. Bike passes came in more reasonable than I was expecting so there's that.

I did get a few pics of some randos opening up Challenger a few days ago...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 0g; 04-24-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Glad you are thinking about next season already. Having a goal will help with focus during your recovery. Although Big Sky won't be the same without Bunion. A well worded e-mail to Nedley and Tay-Tay ought to bring them to their senses and provide a free Gold Pass to Bunion.
    Funny you should mention that, some long lost maggot in the tram line a couple days ago saw my Change for a Nickel sticker and said he knew Bunion from way BITD, and was telling me how unfair he thought it was that they didn't award the man a lifetime pass for his years of service. I'll sign the petition if somebody gets one started.

I'm feeling pretty good about my decision to stay minimally invested in the resort next season with a Green Pass. I'll have no problem paying for tram days when it's good, but I'm also looking forward to more HW hikes and spending time in all the nooks and crannies around the rest of the mountain. Also more Snowbowl and Disco days. And Teton Pass and of course GD. Whatever happens it's going to be tons of fun, like always. We're lucky to live here with so many options.

^ya man. One goal for next year is to ski all the Mt areas I have not skied yet. Tearing it up at bear paw etc!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    ^ya man. One goal for next year is to ski all the Mt areas I have not skied yet. Tearing it up at bear paw etc!
    Someday i'd love to hit Turner on a powder day. All that vertical you'd share with just a few folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. I need a change.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Gold pass here. Also full pass at Bridger.

Skiing is fun as fuck.

Don't let this go to your head but BS should be giving you a gold pass in exchange for some photos.

no shit.

Nice pass set up Swimmy!!

Well that was a nice week to have off and ski Big Sky. Great end to the season. Super stoked on Patrol keeping Headwaters open for hike to/from skiing. Had some great turns in the Headwaters, especially Tuesday. My best run was probably Jack Creek right as the snow ended Tuesday but before the wind. Got first tracks racing my slough down the chokes. Pretty awesome. Skied a bunch with my kids and helped the younger one overcome some fears he was having. He is a great skier, but gets stuck inside his own head a lot. It was really awesome to have a prime Challenger day together yesterday. I got to do a line I've been backing out of for three springs now. It's a little straight line into a decent sized air. I flopped off it on Friday. But went back yesterday with my wife and son and nailed it - so I was stoked on that. It was cool to go from being terrified standing on top to stepping up with confidence a couple days later and seeing the big picture and how it was doable.

Some really impressive skiers up there. My favorite is to watch the kids that ski upright and straight down the fall line airing off the moguls. Me and the little one spent some time trying to learn how to do that. Its much less tiring than being over the tips and feels smoother too. I can't quite figure out how to bring it into the steeps though? Maybe it's best to be a little forward for the steeps and ski like that for the mid angle. Fun to work on it anyway.

Fun season, looking forward to next year already!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	672514360.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	414312

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Crazy Mtns looking pretty good.

Name:	623AB8AB-AEAC-4E29-8BDA-EF7E8B81315A.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	414.0 KB 
ID:	414334

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Nice pass set up Swimmy!!

Well that was a nice week to have off and ski Big Sky. Great end to the season. Super stoked on Patrol keeping Headwaters open for hike to/from skiing. Had some great turns in the Headwaters, especially Tuesday. My best run was probably Jack Creek right as the snow ended Tuesday but before the wind. Got first tracks racing my slough down the chokes. Pretty awesome. Skied a bunch with my kids and helped the younger one overcome some fears he was having. He is a great skier, but gets stuck inside his own head a lot. It was really awesome to have a prime Challenger day together yesterday. I got to do a line I've been backing out of for three springs now. It's a little straight line into a decent sized air. I flopped off it on Friday. But went back yesterday with my wife and son and nailed it - so I was stoked on that. It was cool to go from being terrified standing on top to stepping up with confidence a couple days later and seeing the big picture and how it was doable.

Some really impressive skiers up there. My favorite is to watch the kids that ski upright and straight down the fall line airing off the moguls. Me and the little one spent some time trying to learn how to do that. Its much less tiring than being over the tips and feels smoother too. I can't quite figure out how to bring it into the steeps though? Maybe it's best to be a little forward for the steeps and ski like that for the mid angle. Fun to work on it anyway.

Fun season, looking forward to next year already!!

Name:	672514360.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	414312
    Curious to know what line you checked off? Saw a dad son combo conquering a rice bowl area line. The future is bright! So many good skiers doing good skier things this weekend. Watched Parkin do a huuuuge flatspin on big rock... guess that's why he's pro.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk