Page 591 of 890 FirstFirst ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,775 of 22245
    Yeah, I learned a few lessons on that one.

Not that I could beatdown a GB linebacker but I was ready to stand my ground or, in a pinch, ski away and elude him. That, I got down pat.

Good times my friends, very good times.

Fuck, I laughed a lot partying with the BS crew.

As of 1/1/2022 it will be legal.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

These guys are talking about me and a joke that was played on Djongo several years ago.

Djongo posted in this thread that he was coming to Big Sky and wanted a smoke shack tour. Plans were make for him to crash on my sofa.

Then yeahman, who has a great sense of humor, posted that a certain Speed Cop at the Really Big was raiding smoke shacks and confiscating peoples weed. Talisman, who is also a witty mofo, pour gasoline on the fire, describing the offending Speed Cop as a big tall guy from Wisconsin, and confirming that this notorious speed cop was indeed raiding smokeshacks all over the mountain.

Djongo got more and more worked up as his trip approached, vowing to beat the shit out of that speed cop.

He arrived at my condo late one snowy Friday night, and as we hotboxxed, all he could talk about was tracking down that speed cop and delivering a proper Jackson Hole Air Force beatdown.

In the morning, as we were getting suited up for our day of skiing, I calmly put on my speed cop uniform and informed Djongo that my shift started in 15 minutes.... His face turned pale as he realized he had suffered one of the most epic psych jobs in TGR history.

Yes, I admit it, I was a Big Sky Mountain Safety volunteer for several years. I really enjoyed it, all I did was ski around talking to people, which is what I do anyway. Only negative was the good natured teasing from Bunion, but he was just kidding around. Being a speed cop is an alright gig, at least the way I did it. I’m a pretty calm and casual guy, I wasn’t on the mountain to yell at people. My main focus were the little kids. I had no problem with people skiing 60mph, it’s a really big mountain. Just don’t go in the beginner area and do GS turns around 4 and 5 year old kids. That’s where the ex-military in my voice came out.

I have good memories of my years as a speed cop. I helped a lot of lost or confused tourists, made some great friends on the Pro Patrol, but the absolute best day in my career was when we punked the shit out of Djongo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    haha, nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That's the new place on N. 27th correct? I have heard nothing but really good stuff about them. I live like 200 feet away and will be getting new boots there this fall for sure.

Yep, exactly

I got new intuitions from them last year. They know their stuff. Awesome to know we don't have to drive to Big Sky for boot work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I didn't know Mr. Steelers logo dude was un-chill.
    Me either, he's always friendly in the shop and hasn't stolen any of my jazz cabbage...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Gentlemen the entire story was made up to punk DJ and the fictional speed patrol had Packers logos as a play on the former mayor's home state. Any resemblence to persons alive or dead is purely coincidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Me either, he's always friendly in the shop and hasn't stolen any of my jazz cabbage...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure Talisman even knew about the speed cop with Steelers logos when he posted that.

Having said that, Steelers logo guy is cool, I’m good friends with him. He is mellow with a good attitude. He has a daughter who works full time in Big Sky. Early/mid 20’s, ski town 8/10, good attitude. She can frequently be found putting smokeshacks to their proper use.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I’m not sure Talisman even knew about the speed cop with Steelers logos when he posted that.

Having said that, Steelers logo guy is cool, I’m good friends with him. He is mellow with a good attitude. He has a daughter who works full time in Big Sky. Early/mid 20’s, ski town 8/10, good attitude. She can frequently be found putting smokeshacks to their proper use.

Tits or GTFO would be in bad taste?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    As of 1/1/2022 it will be legal.

About this...as in recreational and open to all peoples?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    About this...as in recreational and open to all peoples?
    Oh yeah buddy. Actually I thought it was already legal when the gov signed the law, and legal FOR SALE as of 1/1/22.

Thank you my friend; My main guy moved away and left me hangin'.

I'll be roadtrippin up that a ways some this winter. Been on kind of a weed time out for a month + now. Keeping my lungs a lil' cleaner just in case.

My main guy moved away and left me hangin'. .
    Sorry about that....

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Been on kind of a weed time out for a month + now.
    Yeah me too, in anticipation of having to take a drug test. How is it okay to test for a legal drug? In any case it will be all good by the time ski season rolls around.

RE BSSP Union

Just ran into a friend who still works Patrol at the Really Big. They were was on the fence about returning this season for a lot of reasons.

8th season at BS, MLB before that for a few years, a supervisor of one of the Pods @ BS. That is a pretty high up position with a fair amount of responsibility and pressure.

They were offered a bit under 30 bucks an hour & HI to return this season and as a Supervisor, not expected/allowed to be a Union Member.

That is the same for a large chunk of the staff, all of Snow Safety or at least all the forecasters and directors, the PD and Asst. Directors and probably the medical director/asst.

Be interesting to see what starting wage for the minions will be, the overall pay scale and the dynamic created between the management and patrol. What it boils down to is that a large part of the staff that would have given the Union some teeth is now management.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Top terminal of the new Swifty:

Name:  Image1630804124.331101.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  112.2 KB

Shit, that’s a facility

Holy hell, what a monstrosity. Assuming it will have a dining area and other amenities?

Nope, that is just chair parking area.

https://bigskyresort.com/swift-curre...yTlIncIvAzeZEg

It's a long ass lift with a lot of chairs to put to bed every night, 126 chairs vs. 64 on Ramcharger. It's a chair hotel. Probably nicer than where I stay.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I thought I heard a while back that BB and crosscut were building a mtb flow trail and that people were already riding it. Any beta on this?

It is done, and done very well, still a little bumpy, worth the drive. No charge to ride it. Pretty easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It is done, and done very well, still a little bumpy, worth the drive. No charge to ride it.
    Access from Bridger or CC? On the CC map?

Bozeman sitrep: Lovely vaxxed wife has fever and sore throat, decides to go in for walk in 'rona test. And can't get near the front door, the place is jammed for testing. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Bozeman sitrep: Lovely vaxxed wife has fever and sore throat, decides to go in for walk in 'rona test. And can't get near the front door, the place is jammed for testing. Awesome.
    We had a break through case in our house. Was able to get in and out quickly at Belgrade clinic urgent care for tests and had results back in about an hour. That was two and half weeks ago though.