Page 689 of 892 FirstFirst ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,225 of 22285
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    No one ever. You'll prob die. Better off hitting monture ck with andouille sausage in your pack for a nice creekside bbq with red beans and rice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah from Harry Morgan put-in by Ovando down to the main Blackfoot, many times. Friends are doing it this weekend, apparently the flow is still strong. Never floated above that.
    I should've been more specific. I'm looking to float from the border to the middle fork.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I should've been more specific. I'm looking to float from the border to the middle fork.
    Sounds like you're talking about the North Fork Flathead, not Blackfoot, if you are floating from the border. Unless you mean float from the border of the wilderness, and are calling the main Blackfoot River the "middle fork."

Sounds like you're talking about the North Fork Flathead, not Blackfoot, if you are floating from the border. Unless you mean float from the border of the wilderness, and are calling the main Blackfoot River the "middle fork."
    Yes, Flathead, not Blackfoot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone looking for a gravel bike? I should have a '21 Trek Checkpoint SL5 in XL for sale. I'm just pulling parts to swap to a new frame so it should be back to mostly factory spec (mech 105) and up for sale in a week or two. Thinking it'll be like ~$1800. PM me if you're interested.

If you want to float Montana rivers do yourself a favor and get this book.

Name:  51d5VnkTyjL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  32.2 KB

If you want to float Montana rivers do yourself a favor and get this book.

Name:  51d5VnkTyjL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  32.2 KB
    Sweet. I’ll check it out.

Sounds like you're talking about the North Fork Flathead

I did part of that float as a kid, from the border down to about Polebridge. Our friends had a log cabin near Ford.

My news is old now but I remember it feeling pretty wild, as a glacial-blue-water boreal setting with logjams and northern lights and griz about. Shotgun and spray under the lid of the drybox, etc. My folks caught a lot of fish.

I've floated everything from Polebridge down to where it joins the Middle Fork. Nice floating, nothing scary when flows are low, although once into August there are definitely some thread-the-needle sections. You also need to be aware that you can't camp on the east side of the river because it's technically Glacier NP. Any islands in the river or any public land on the west side is fair game though. Some of it is private, so you need a map or app like onX to make sure you're on public land, but there is plenty of camping.

We didn't see any griz, but we did come around a bend to see a gigantic black bear sitting in the water. Floated right by him just a few feet away. One of the cooler bear sightings I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I did part of that float as a kid, from the border down to about Polebridge. Our friends had a log cabin near Ford.

My news is old now but I remember it feeling pretty wild, as a glacial-blue-water boreal setting with logjams and northern lights and griz about. Shotgun and spray under the lid of the drybox, etc. My folks caught a lot of fish.
    You happen to remember how many days it took you?

I can’t comment on the Flathead from the border down, but I can comment on the Canada side where it flows south into the US. I backpacked in there several times and it is absolutely the wildest place I have ever been. If there are still Mammoths roaming wild somewhere on planet Earth, it’s in valley of the North Fork in Canada. Access near Fernie and go south.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Regarding the housing issues. Colorado's finest truck stop has some interesting programs to help with their housing crisis. Wonder how they will work out

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/eagle...sing-programs/

^taxpayer money subsidizes low cost housing so billion dollar corporations can keep paying low wages^

^^^ Spot on.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

LOL looking at a sat map, how much land in that county is taken up by golf courses?

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Regarding the housing issues. Colorado's finest truck stop has some interesting programs to help with their housing crisis. Wonder how they will work out

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/eagle...sing-programs/
    I love how the fucking vail daily is paywalled. Cocks

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I love how the fucking vail daily is paywalled. Cocks
    I'd like to introduce you to its cousin: the Bozeman Chronicle.

Unsubscribed from them two years ago (which was a fucking challenge) and I still get a paper every Sunday and occasionally other days of the week that I never paid for in the first place
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

You happen to remember how many days it took you?

I think we did two nights, with short floats on days 1 and 3. It's only 25 miles from the border to Polebridge and like 60 miles from border to confluence.

Getting late in the season for Border to Ford on a big raft, small inflatable boats probably will be fine still

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Getting late in the season for Border to Ford on a big raft, small inflatable boats probably will be fine still
    Actually gonna do it in a canoe.

Should be fine then. Couple of braided parts could be thin. Kintla rapids are fun

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Should be fine then. Couple of braided parts could be thin. Kintla rapids are fun
    Ain’t afraid to do some pullin if I gotta.

Did 3 solid rides Tues-Weds-Thurs last week and realized I literally passed NO ONE on trail — not a single hiker, biker, or moto rider. So cool to do multiple 3h rides and not have to put a foot down (except when I was pushing or taking a dip ).

Rugged:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5281 2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	422836

Wildflowers are past peak and even gone in many spots, but this was a nice patch:

Name:	IMG_5278 2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	422837

Took a mid-ride dip:

Name:	IMG_5262.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	422838

Anybody been out by Slough Creek in Yellowstone? Hoping to get out there in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Anybody been out by Slough Creek in Yellowstone? Hoping to get out there in October.
    According to this link, road is still closed.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Check the National Park IG page. I think I read something about getting people out there but I'm not sure when or even if that was it.