Page 767 of 884 FirstFirst ... 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 ... LastLast
Results 19,151 to 19,175 of 22094
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Must’ve been deep if Bobby was skiing on the weekend AND broke out the goggles.
    We shared first chair together. First thing I said, "you get your days mixed up?" And while he started out the day with glasses, he quickly switched over.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Great pics swimmy!
    Thanks! How did GD do with this storm? You get out at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    good ol bbowl doomp
    Yep. Wish I could get back up today. So much untracked in A and B. But between work and a quick trip to see my folks in AZ, I'm taking a few days off.

Oh well, yesterday will be one of the days that stands out in what has been a pretty good season. I'll carry that stoke for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Thanks! How did GD do with this storm? You get out at all?
    GD got a few inches but I was fried from Snowbowl on Saturday so I went to the movies. Scream 6, good time if you're a fan of the franchise. Headed down to Big Sky today for leftovers, hoping they get the Snowfield open.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    anyone headed to disco tomorrow? i'm looking for something to push me over the edge and disregard my responsibilities.
    Had some stupid responsibilities but hope you went up. I was up in the mtns near there yesterday with the sleds and it was Deep. Like sled disappearing deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Rendering of Big Sky Resort's new Lone Peak Tram, which will carry 75 passengers and charge per-ride. COURTESY OF BIG SKY RESORT

By Jack Reaney STAFF WRITER

Big Sky Resort launched season pass sales for the 2023-24 season on Thursday, March 23, tied to an announcement about the new Lone Peak Tram, set to finish construction by next winter.

The new tram will have a capacity of 75 passengers, a significant increase from the current 15-person tram, and the pricing structure for tram access will change: instead of the current flat rate which allows unlimited access once skiers and snowboarders pay for a tram day, the new tram will charge per ride.

EBS reached out to the resort for comment on the increased tram capacity and new per-ride pricing structure. After multiple attempts to reach Neil Johnson, vice president of mountain services—who has been responsible for pricing of the current tram—the resort declined to make Johnson available until “we get closer to the winter season and have more specifics to share,” according to Public Relations Manager Stacie Mesuda.

Mesuda did provide a written statement from General Manager Troy Nedved in response to written questions from EBS.

On capacity, Nedved explained that the 75-passenger cabin is directed toward the summer experience, “[when] there is a greater likelihood to fill to the tram’s maximum capacity,” he wrote. During the winter, the number of skiers riding the tram will be limited in accordance with conditions determined by ski patrol—in essence, the tram is not intended to carry 75 skiers at once.
    The planned gondola will replace the Explorer chairlift, running from Base Area to the bowl and connecting to the new tram. COURTESY OF BIG SKY RESORT

When a new gondola is eventually built, connecting the Base Area to the base of the tram, anyone will be able to ride to the peak without needing downhill gear—the experience will be A.D.A. accessible, Mesuda previously told EBS.

With space for 75 total passengers, the resulting influx of scenic riders from the base area will not cause longer wait times for skiers and snowboarders, as scenic riders currently do.

The price of a scenic tram ride will be lower than the price for skiers, Nedved wrote.
    ‘We recommend purchasing a gold season pass’

On pricing, Nedved stated:

“The shift to a per ride system will lower the cost barrier of entry for guests wanting to experience Lone Peak… The more affordable entry cost makes the tram more accessible to skiers… Based on the average tram user currently taking less than 2 rides per tram day, we expect the cost to be lower for most tram users. This shift also removes the pressure to lap the tram all day once a guest has committed to the current daily rate.”

No response was provided to the question of how per-ride pricing will compare to the current per-day pricing.

In a video posted by Big Sky Resort, Nedved said, “for those of you who ride the tram frequently, we recommend purchasing a gold season pass, which provides unlimited tram access, or a double-black pass, which includes 25 rides for the season.”

The gold pass, now for sale at an early-season discount, costs $2,250 for adults (aged 26-64) and various prices for other age groups. The double-black pass costs $1,880 for an adult.

“As a reminder, children six and under ski free with a parent season pass, and Big Sky Resort proudly offers all K-8 Big Sky students with a free season pass, and military discounts all season long,” Nedved added. He did not respond to the question of a local discount.

Update: The tram’s exact capacity had been announced as early as June, per resort officials. Also, after this article was published, a follow-up phone call with Mesuda clarified that Johnson’s role is responsible for execution, sales and current tram pricing but not “ticket policy” as originally mentioned in this article. Policy falls under Nedved’s authority.

Lots of ins and outs for the Dude to keep track of.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    BB fucking ruled today.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Yup!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Backyard snaking

Attachment 453345
    Awesome backyard

BS surely not as good as BB, but I may have had my best Great Falls conditions ever, deep and untracked all the way down. Last tram lap there were still nice turns to be had on Dirtbag Wall. Fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Awesome backyard
    I know, right? Always a little bit jealous of their digs whenever we come visit. Some prime N facing property.

Been at for several years now, but I think I finally managed to convince the husband to build a rope tow and clear out some runs on their property.

Great potential even just above their garage (me skiing):

https://youtube.com/shorts/SfvLu8d70AI?feature=share

And the bbowla virus was in full effect this weekend. People getting after it, even on a monday:

Caught someone braving the classic Saber Slice:

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    And the bbowla virus was in full effect this weekend. People getting after it, even on a monday:

Caught someone braving the classic Saber Slice:

Awesome video!!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Anyone at Big Sky have a buddy pass available?

Meeting a buddy there and he has standard season pass so no discount tickets available

I'll make you cookies

FKNA!!!

Got a buddy pass. Season pass holders get 8 and I needed 2

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Got a buddy pass. Season pass holders get 8 and I needed 2
    I'm making my big move and buying Big Sky tickets for me and kid on closing day. Only day I can stomach the ridiculous prices. One and done........

Oh boy - Trackhead going big! You should get the Flex 3 for next year. $399 for you and probably $209 for the kid if you buy early. You get early season for three weeks, 3 days during the regular season and April 1 to April 28 next year. (April is my favorite time to ski Big Sky). I bet I'll get 30 days on my flex 3 pass this year. Pretty good at $13 bucks a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Tune the edges of the katanas and let ‘em rip! I’d err on the big side for late season snowfall. Or just bring both and CYA.
    I'm bringing the Katanas, never a bad call in my experience. I stayed up until midnight last night filling holes in the bases, sharpening the edges and waxing. Probably should have saved some time and just done a good ol' Doug Coombs Q&P tune. Now I'm ready to find some famous Big Sky sharp rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    Oh boy - Trackhead going big! You should get the Flex 3 for next year. $399 for you and probably $209 for the kid if you buy early. You get early season for three weeks, 3 days during the regular season and April 1 to April 28 next year. (April is my favorite time to ski Big Sky). I bet I'll get 30 days on my flex 3 pass this year. Pretty good at $13 bucks a day.
    Thx for beta. I figure spring day at big sky will be fun way to end the season. Got half price tickets at Jackson last weekend which was nice.

Skied the last Wednesday of the season at Great Divide today with excellent snow conditions. Starting next week they will only be open weekends but the good news is they're in good enough shape to be open until May.

Not sure if anyone saw this on the grams...
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqJxT...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

N face of Ross!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

That's cool. I like how he "walked" down that choke point--never seen that technique before!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Thx for beta. I figure spring day at big sky will be fun way to end the season. Got half price tickets at Jackson last weekend which was nice.
    Just saw they have a promo to buy $60 tickets for early and late season next year. And you don't need to choose your days ahead of time.

We didn't win the all lifts race, but we sure had a good time!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk