Page 634 of 891 FirstFirst ... 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,850 of 22262
    Had a fun week of skiing with my friend from VT. I think we used to call him Sik Wit It in the old thread. We skied the Tetons for 4 days, Bridger for a day, and Disco on a Tuesday. Disco was awesome!! Started with an inch of pow, then freezing rain for a couple hours which actually made it ski better - than another inch of pow to finish the day. About like Life Link Split said - I think there were three other groups of skiers there the whole day. I bet we skied 30 - 40 limelight laps - super fun. I paid $68 at the window - I think he paid $54 online - so def. a good deal to buy ahead. Resort conditions were pretty bad in the Tetons so we did a bunch of backcountry -- Wyoming Range, Teton Range, Yellowstone. Also a couple pics of taking my little one down to Yellowstone for a day. I promised pow and pillows - he wasn't disappointed!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	713.7 KB 
ID:	402908
    ^^Yellowstone

Name:	IMG_2830.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	977.9 KB 
ID:	402909
    ^^Troll Hole (I just learned that one)

Name:	IMG_2828.jpg 
Size:	823.3 KB 
ID:	402910
    ^^Finally back on top after skinning up the third mountain of the day. Unbelievable sunset/moonrise pow run through the burn.

Name:	IMG_2824.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	827.6 KB 
ID:	402911
    ^^Whitebark at sunset for Talisman

Name:	FullSizeR3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	621.3 KB 
ID:	402912
    ^^Gorgeous spot in the Wyoming Range

Name:	FullSizeR2.jpg 
Size:	824.3 KB 
ID:	402913

Name:	FullSizeR1.jpg 
Size:	854.4 KB 
ID:	402915
    ^^He woulda been mad after skinning all that ways if I didn't find him a pillow

Name:	FullSizeR.jpg 
Size:	597.5 KB 
ID:	402916

^^Dad's turn

Now I'm recovered from Covid and ready to shred some more now that all my blisters have healed! I'll hopefully be down for the IFSA comp on Sunday. Maybe see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Heading up to BigSky with my son tomorrow night for the IFSA comps this weekend - locals pick for a killer breakfast sammie/burrito and coffee on the way up to the hill?
    On your way you'll pass Mama Macs and
    Cafe 191. Both are bomb

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Heading up to BigSky with my son tomorrow night for the IFSA comps this weekend - locals pick for a killer breakfast sammie/burrito and coffee on the way up to the hill?
    Caliber Coffee

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am more of a fan of the Cafe. Mama Macs has been lackluster of late.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Caliber Coffee

Their 2 dollar self serve coffee is the way to go. And their burritos are solid

Some nice pics in this thread the past few days!

Was in Boze the last few days — hit up BB Friday for my first day of lift-served in a few years and loved it, despite the fact that it was Bobcat day (or whatever).

Also appreciated the tips from a few of you on a few BC spots to check out when I was last up in January. (Thanks for that help!)

Definitely will do more exploring when I'm there. The viz Sat/Sun was nice for scoping some backcountry lines (along with a trip to Paradise Valley to scope some peaks).

On a tangent, does anyone have any leads for this company (/guy?) who operated out of Bozeman? Looking for some hardware but it appears they might have shuttered in the fall. The ski community (& particularly touring/skimo) is small...

Didn't take pics skiing this past week/weekend, but I normally post here.

Lots of snow and tempting lines driving back to JH through WYS.

I put boosters on my zero gs and got some barrel nuts/bolts at ace to put them in the stock rivet holes. Although I haven't gotten that far and just have zip ties holding the straps in place. Which works and holds the strap higher up so it fits around the liner above the shell.

https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Find-Fas...dp/B00L1IP8ZW/
    (I don't think this specific one is the right size)

Atomic backland straps are maybe similar to those skimo straps. Very light, cam tightening deal with a locking latch thing on a pull cord, so you just pull it forward to loosen.

There’s a moose living on the summit of Mt Ellis right now. Made for an amusing transition this morningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	54A50F56-0B37-42BF-95C2-5E32B99DEAFD.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	402990

Friendly critters, they like to be scratched behind the ears.

This is a long shot, but I’m going to do some touring across the road from Showdown tomorrow. They got 10-12” on Tuesday and it’s snowing tonight. If anyone wants to join, its short vert/fun tree skiing. Makes for some quick laps

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Saw Yeahman getting in the bucket and we found soft turns in the sunshine. Good day.

^^Yep it was fun up there today. Saw nest too and tried to hook up for the snowfield but did not connect and I ended up going with a couple patrollers who were kind enough to let me accompany them. What a gorgeous day. Loving the short tram line.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Some nice pics in this thread the past few days!

Was in Boze the last few days — hit up BB Friday for my first day of lift-served in a few years and loved it, despite the fact that it was Bobcat day (or whatever).

Also appreciated the tips from a few of you on a few BC spots to check out when I was last up in January. (Thanks for that help!)

Definitely will do more exploring when I'm there. The viz Sat/Sun was nice for scoping some backcountry lines (along with a trip to Paradise Valley to scope some peaks).

On a tangent, does anyone have any leads for this company (/guy?) who operated out of Bozeman? Looking for some hardware but it appears they might have shuttered in the fall. The ski community (& particularly touring/skimo) is small...

Didn't take pics skiing this past week/weekend, but I normally post here.

Lots of snow and tempting lines driving back to JH through WYS.
    I think the guy who made those moved on to other things, but I've got nothing more than that.

Drop into this thread when you're next up if you need or want a touring partner. Maybe we'll even get some more snow... maybe.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Quick work/play trip down south. Snow was meh at best. Wish I could've stayed and skied Big Sky. Probably stop on my way home tomorrow for a few laps.

Playing where goats and snowshoers roam

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I think the guy who made those moved on to other things, but I've got nothing more than that.

Drop into this thread when you're next up if you need or want a touring partner. Maybe we'll even get some more snow... maybe.
    Thanks! Yeah, word is he was one-and-done.... which feels sad. Wish someone knew his name so I could attempt to shoot him a note. I'd wager he has extra parts around. It's a good product.

Sucks that the website/email/social all came down.

Thanks! Yeah, word is he was one-and-done.... which feels sad. Wish someone knew his name so I could attempt to shoot him a note. I'd wager he has extra parts around. It's a good product.

Sucks that the website/email/social all came down.
    Check the snowbrains article for his name. At least I think that's the guy you're looking for.

Nice goats Gnar_Schralp! Coincidentally this goat pic from 5 years ago came up on my Facebook "memories" today.

Name:	goat.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	403155

Hard to believe that was five years ago!

Sun and some fresh snow made the big scree pile a fun place to ski today even if I didn't see any goats. Fresh tracks all day without really trying. My best run was Don't Tell Mama when it opened and brings Bunion to mind for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Nice goats Gnar_Schralp! Coincidentally this goat pic from 5 years ago came up on my Facebook "memories" today.

Name:	goat.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	403155

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Hard to believe that was five years ago!

Sun and some fresh snow made the big scree pile a fun place to ski today even if I didn't see any goats. Fresh tracks all day without really trying. My best run was Don't Tell Mama when it opened and brings Bunion to mind for some reason.
    Yeah it was nice today. First half-hour on Andesite was about as good as cowpow gets. Later I foolishly took some new skis on a bunch of tram runs and hit shitload of rocks... or maybe I just noticed them more. Oh well, no serious damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Check the snowbrains article for his name. At least I think that's the guy you're looking for.
    Thanks. I googled and came up with this article that didn't mention a name of the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That's almost certainly the guy, seems like getting in touch with him shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    That's almost certainly the guy, seems like getting in touch with him shouldn't be too hard.
    You're totally right!

Somehow I misread this:
    "For the last few winters, I’ve been stealing cam-buckle straps off of other boots, buying them on eBay, or just making my own. Finally, there’s a featherweight option specifically for backcountry skiers!"
    as saying he was making his own and now there is a BETTER version (made by someone else).

My mistake!

You're totally right!

Somehow I misread this:

as saying he was making his own and now there is a BETTER version (made by someone else).

My mistake!

If you wind up with a pair, it'd be great to hear a review. I'm on a pair of Vulcans that somehow won't die and my only gripe with them is the strap.

Friggin nice day out there today. 2” is the new 8”.

I ski this stash almost every day and I’ve never seen a skin track going right up the middle of it. There is a dog leg at the top of this line that I came ripping around as the skin track came into view with a group just kickin it at the bottom.

There is a perfectly safe and established up track like 150 yards away. Just sayin.

Such great snow today and perfect weather!

Name:	IMG_6597.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	403160