Page 663 of 884 FirstFirst ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 22085

The Dakota lift will be running Saturdays and Sundays only, when conditions allow, through its scheduled seasonal close on April 10th. Check lift status online or in the app for its current information.

So April 10th is the new closing date for Big Sky?

Judging by the coverage I saw today Big Sky should make the 24th. There will be a lot of brown by then. Available acreage will be much less.

RE: Dakota, It is not uncommon to begin closing the far out lifts early especially if they face south and are somewhat low in elevation. And Dakota has a bad seal in one of the Bullwheels and was getting contaminated by melt water.

@ John C (AKA: collie molester) No need to help me out, I am happily retired.

I must say that while I really enjoyed working with the BB family they work far too hard for me.

I was used to Big Sky and Moonlight where you could disappear and go ski something random, often something no one had skied that year and occasionally not that decade. I got to name a lot of things at BS & MLB, that's always fun, I also have a few features named after me, generally that is not so fun. Still better than being known as a bitter collie molester.

The BB crew OTOH is always raising fences and tower pads and the hill looks like it is well maintained. Add in 15K season passes sold and the fuck off factor just isn't there.

And down in BS/MLB they are now far too busy for my tastes. When I was there it wasn't rare to get a hat trick (3 wrecks in a day), now that is commonplace. Twas truly the golden age.

Love you like the brother my mom aborted, peace and love.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ah thank you. Reading comprehension is lacking on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Judging by the coverage I saw today Big Sky should make the 24th. There will be a lot of brown by then. Available acreage will be much less.

RE: Dakota, It is not uncommon to begin closing the far out lifts early especially if they face south and are somewhat low in elevation. And Dakota has a bad seal in one of the Bullwheels and was getting contaminated by melt water.

@ John C (AKA: collie molester) No need to help me out, I am happily retired.

I must say that while I really enjoyed working with the BB family they work far too hard for me.

I was used to Big Sky and Moonlight where you could disappear and go ski something random, often something no one had skied that year and occasionally not that decade. I got to name a lot of things at BS & MLB, that's always fun, I also have a few features named after me, generally that is not so fun. Still better than being known as a bitter collie molester.

The BB crew OTOH is always raising fences and tower pads and the hill looks like it is well maintained. Add in 15K season passes sold and the fuck off factor just isn't there.

And down in BS/MLB they are now far too busy for my tastes. When I was there it wasn't rare to get a hat trick (3 wrecks in a day), now that is commonplace. Twas truly the golden age.

Love you like the brother my mom aborted, peace and love.
    wow, you typed all that out as like we give a shit. This is the TGR forum not your shrinks office. Nobody cares why you didn't get the gig at Bridger. Nobody really liked you there anyways and you fit in better with Boyne anyways. Big sky is more your skill level and that heavy corporate-tourist-real estate ski scene is obviously more your style. I am sure standing in the tram line all day long you can run your mouth about yourself even though nobody is listening, just like on this forum. But thanks for clowning yourself with the whole egomaniacal weirdness about some scree field they named after you? you really typed that shit, hillarious. Sorry for triggering you and triggering those sad memories of your internship. It's cool, I got cut from the basketball team during tryouts in 7th grade. I remember the pain and humiliation but I made it thru and you will to! Again, I am her for you bro.

Anyways, I am putting my Velcro gloves on and heading down to the dog park to see if I can catch one of those little fkrs.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Haha, you old fuckers sure know how to bring the mood down around here.

Go skiing and post pics, ya dicks!

Last two weeks in “SW Montana” had some fun memories for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	411470

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	411471

Name:	IMG_0820.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	411474

Name:	IMG_0828.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	740.4 KB 
ID:	411472

Name:	IMG_0767.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	411473

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Haha, you old fuckers sure know how to bring the mood down around here.

Go skiing and post pics, ya dicks!
    Bring it down? This is a high point for this thread.

Nice shots!
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

Today was pretty nice soft snow. Marked my 85th tram lap of the season, mostly memorable because it was my wife's first tram in several years, ever since she took a scary fall on Marx. Fun to be back up there with her. Not sure I will make my goal of 100 trams, coverage on Duck Walk and Middle Road is looking pretty grim.

Wonderful news that you and Mrs Yeahman could celebrate your 85th tram lap together. Clear blue sky and soft snow made for fun day and Djongo has been in MT for the past several days to ratchet up the fun factor several notches.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    memorable because it was my wife's first tram in several years, ever since she took a scary fall on Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Gonna camp in "that lot" this weekend at Big Scree since we are seeing the Big Grass music Saturday night. I've parked there dozens of times but have never actually slept there. I assume those self contained metal fire pits are frowned upon?
    Lev lot?

We’ve had solostoves out before and nobody harassed us. It’s tailgate season damnit!

Will wonders never cease? Moon Light Basing is getting a gondola to connect the ultra swanky One and Only hotel with Madison Base: https://liftblog.com/2022/02/03/gond...onlight-basin/ I wonder if the Madison Base "lodge" will get a new plastic covering to impress the clientele?

What is big sky going to be like in 10/15 years? Unreal.

Ski season is still hanging on nicely up high...

Name:	IMG_5638.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	411571

But down low it’s clear that the end of the season approaches...

Name:	IMG_5637.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	411572

Pat’s bumps are getting pretty spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    What is big sky going to be like in 10/15 years? Unreal.
    Like an adult Disney land for wealthy people more interested in fashion than skiing.

"One&Only will showcase Montana’s mountains, unsurpassed scenery, and abundant wildlife, while providing every modern amenity, making the remote retreat a truly exclusive experience.”

Quote Originally Posted by dunderhead View Post
    wow, you typed all that out as like we give a shit. This is the TGR forum not your shrinks office. Nobody cares why you didn't get the gig at Bridger. Nobody really liked you there anyways and you fit in better with Boyne anyways. Big sky is more your skill level and that heavy corporate-tourist-real estate ski scene is obviously more your style. I am sure standing in the tram line all day long you can run your mouth about yourself even though nobody is listening, just like on this forum. But thanks for clowning yourself with the whole egomaniacal weirdness about some scree field they named after you? you really typed that shit, hillarious. Sorry for triggering you and triggering those sad memories of your internship. It's cool, I got cut from the basketball team during tryouts in 7th grade. I remember the pain and humiliation but I made it thru and you will to! Again, I am her for you bro.

Anyways, I am putting my Velcro gloves on and heading down to the dog park to see if I can catch one of those little fkrs.
    Was that you I saw in a 69 with a labradoodle over by the RV parking at Mission yesterday? She was a good looking little bitch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Huh... hadn't seen that rant, the Ignore function and all.

Thanks for thinking of me lil jonc.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    The only solace I take is that regardless of how busy/posh it gets the number of people skiing deep snow in bad vis off the top has not increased all that much in the last five years. Aka you can still ski plenty of spicy stuff with good snow and have fresh lines in the afternoon if you know where to look. Most people on vacation don't follow the wind or want to ride the tram when it's milk bottle conditions really.

JC, RC, WWs, out past 3rd fork, Tits Up (when open) etc....pretty much no one is skiing this stuff.

I guess I'm not totally jaded yet. Hopefully by the time I am jaded I will only be skiing groomers/mellow stuff and at that point there are other smaller/un-posh ski areas with groomers and soft glades. Or I'll just mountain bike only and live in the desert somewhere.

Or I'll just mountain bike only and live in the desert somewhere.
    I'm at the age where that is fairly appealing.

The only solace I take is that regardless of how busy/posh it gets the number of people skiing deep snow in bad vis off the top has not increased all that much in the last five years. Aka you can still ski plenty of spicy stuff with good snow and have fresh lines in the afternoon if you know where to look. Most people on vacation don't follow the wind or want to ride the tram when it's milk bottle conditions really.

JC, RC, WWs, out past 3rd fork, Tits Up (when open) etc....pretty much no one is skiing this stuff.

I guess I'm not totally jaded yet. Hopefully by the time I am jaded I will only be skiing groomers/mellow stuff and at that point there are other smaller/un-posh ski areas with groomers and soft glades. Or I'll just mountain bike only and live in the desert somewhere.
    Exactly. No matter what kind of crazy shit they build at the base, nothing will change the nature of the alpine terrain. That's the only reason any of us put up with the boojie bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Was that you I saw in a 69 with a labradoodle over by the RV parking at Mission yesterday? She was a good looking little bitch

Sounds spicey but not me. I was working the rental ski desk at Snoqualmie.

As for Pig Stye, the key to it is to use the proper hair gel so that after 2 tram laps you can hit the mountain mall up, take your helmet off and your 80's wave pops right back into place. Look rootsy, grab a PBR tall boy and delude yourself that you are not actually at the shittiest corporate hellhole on earth softing your way thru two inches of dust on scree conditions. Pop open Instagram and/or the TGR forum and talk about how you sideslipped the BIG in its perpetual scraped off conditions. Insider tip: the reason nobody skis the far end of the Headwaters is because the locs are more into the bro fasion show thing in the tram line, and hiking breaks a sweat which could be deleterious to ones hair doo. The gel to use is Over Armor helmet hair. One of the mags on this thread is sponsored by Over Armor, use the code BUNION for a 2 for 1 discount!

^^Did bunion pull your pass or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dunderhead View Post
    Sounds spicey but not me. I was working the rental ski desk at Snoqualmie.

!
    Living the dream

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    ^^Did bunion pull your pass or something?
    he could never catch me. But I could see him get his uniform on, start acting like a cop and pulling passes.

Name:	renegade.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	558.7 KB 
ID:	411643

dude, what the fuck. stop cunting up the thread.

lol.

Bridger Bowl 4 lyphe. That is all

Hotdawg > DPC Hamburger's

Name:	51975964746_46cf0ed359_h.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	537.4 KB 
ID:	411661

Saddle > Engleberg or wherever the Doc is at currently

Name:	51975964606_9e82f56f00_h.jpg 
Views:	101