Page 583 of 884 FirstFirst ... 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,575 of 22084
    Dang Harry, that's a huge bummer! Sorry to see you go, but I'm sure you'll make a good home for yourself wherever you end up.

Mom has similar issues - she can't spend more than a day or two above 4000' without feeling like shit. But these days, she keeps it to lower elevations and does just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    If wrg passes, I’ll gladly rehome the bike stand. Harry, you sticking around?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Berg View Post
    Harry - would love to pick up the stand if WRG passes. Also would love to donate to PLWA. I work up on the spanish peaks side but could pick up from you some day this week. Thanks.
    WRG passed, Superior gets it. Sorry J-berg.

Actually WRG may take the Park stand, and give Superior his current stand. WRG’s choice. Stand was last seen in the bed of WRG pickup. You guys work out the details.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    WRG passed
    Saw this on my phone and thought "Damn, that can't be true, he's so young and active." Then I read the rest of the message. Facepalm.

Harry, I'm sorry to hear this and wish you the best. I don't doubt you'll make some amazing lemonade out of this lemon...
    Good luck to you!

This is what TGR is all about. After I finished up bidness with Whiteroom Guardian, solid maggot Talisman invited me over for dinner. Beautiful summer evening on his deck, Elk steaks that he shot, good conversation. Life is good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1622814665.626268.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	376367

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

WRG passed, Superior gets it. Sorry J-berg.

Actually WRG may take the Park stand, and give Superior his current stand. WRG’s choice. Stand was last seen in the bed of WRG pickup. You guys work out the details.

Haha all good! My stand bit the dust and figured I'd put my name in the hat. Safe travels to the Midwest. Being from that region there is a small (very small) part of me that misses that area.

Djongo is visiting from Jackson Hole, staying at my place. Anyone who wants to party TGR style, you know where I live.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    well yeah i know
    more than a day notice would help
    i skied valparaiso fore it closed
    hes right bout dat
    ill be coming to visit ya up der
    one of deese days
    eh
    lemme know when your headed back and ill try to pull a couple days of floating togather
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Revive Mt. Telemark!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Revive Mt. Telemark!
    #sad

They finally tore down the main lodge just a few months ago. Remember that huge fireplace ? Gone now.... I loved that place.

wow. bummer. I haz mems there, winning 5th SL in CUSSA regionals 1974 (?)

Way back (I was maybe 12) I won the Hayward Summer fishing contest with a 16" brown out of the Namekagon.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

holy thread drift, Batman !

https://www.birkie.com/telemark/

actually, the Birkie Association's ideas include something approaching a Mt. Telemark revival... as part of a Master Plan we have heard so many times over the last forty years...

the site remains the Start of the Birkebiner, and as such is significant to the area ( the golf course remains viable, and the airstrip also appeared to be in-use the last time I drove in there ) --

it is too bad Tony Wise did not have a successor, though I suspect the Lodge and the "coliseum" were doomed to failure. . .

good old days / Glory Days --

I did not expect the Johnson Family would ever sell the property, but as the lodge decayed(,) I suppose the demand to demolish it ( and the Cost to demolish it ) made the sale just another business decision...

thanks for the memories -
    ( my first memory of skiing is at Telemark fifty-six years ago... ) skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    well yeah i know
    more than a day notice would help
    i skied valparaiso fore it closed
    hes right bout dat
    ill be coming to visit ya up der
    one of deese days
    eh
    lemme know when your headed back and ill try to pull a couple days of floating togather
    Don’t worry, this is not the “official” going away party. This is just two old stoners smoking weed all weekend.

Official going away party will be organized by Talisman sometime end of July, probably right before or right after the Luau.

Stay tuned for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    wow. bummer. I haz mems there, winning 5th SL in CUSSA regionals 1974 (?)

Way back (I was maybe 12) I won the Hayward Summer fishing contest with a 16" brown out of the Namekagon.
    https://www.jsonline.com/picture-gal...ed/7282171002/

Don’t worry, this is not the “official” going away party. This is just two old stoners smoking weed all weekend.

Official going away party will be organized by Talisman sometime end of July, probably right before or right after the Luau.

Stay tuned for details.

i vote before cause im doing the week of the 16th on the road before the luau and all the waters gone and need to be back aug 1 to move my dad again
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

oh and if the safety device isnt going to chedderland
    dibs
    i am

HA ! Djongo already claimed it !

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i vote before cause im doing the week of the 16th on the road before the luau and all the waters gone and need to be back aug 1 to move my dad again
    Harry needs to pick the dates when he will be back in MT and we can fix a date for the partee. If you decide to visit us I can arrange for more fish shaped corn muffins and if you are hungry elk chili.

Day Two of the 48 Hours Of Djongo. Clock must be broken because it’s always 4:20....

Name:	IMG_1119.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	376523

Name:	Image1623007852.462718.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	376520

Name:	IMG_1118.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	376521

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	376522

Name:	IMG_1120.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	376524

Harry's going away party's gonna be lit:

Bunion gunna show up like:

Harry gunna be like:

SFB gunna be like:

Harry's cat's gonna be like:

Have fun!

I call shotgun, riding with SFB!

unless ya all wanna go up to craig and the mo
    i vote melrose or dillon the weekend of the 16th

Meh. I kinda avoid the mo in summer( except to meet new mags).

Also its snowing at Georgetown right now, there's tornado warnings near sydney, and a fire outside 3 forks......I love this place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Thats some rich manmade snow

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bozeman Daily Chronicle
    "Several environmental groups in the area have backed the proposal, including the Gallatin River Task Force and the Greater Yellowstone Coalition."
    Lol. Don't forget!:
    GALLATIN RIVER TASK FORCE IS “A PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRM” FOR REAL ESTATE AND DEVELOPMENT IN BIG SKY
    http://mtflyfishmag.com/gallatin-riv...nt-in-big-sky/

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Lol. Don't forget!:
    GALLATIN RIVER TASK FORCE IS “A PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRM” FOR REAL ESTATE AND DEVELOPMENT IN BIG SKY
    http://mtflyfishmag.com/gallatin-riv...nt-in-big-sky/
    Thanks for sharing, an interesting symbiosis between the Gallatin River Task Force/Cross Harbors and the Big Sky resort tax increase to cover "water infrastructure."