Page 705 of 891 FirstFirst ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 ... LastLast
Results 17,601 to 17,625 of 22270
    Disco opening Friday. Sounds like anaconda and jubilee lifts will be open. Of course had some pass issues and have to wait to grab a discounted one through the wife's work. Might just have to pay for a day pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Big Sky OPENING EARLY: NOVEMBER 23
    With over 5 feet of early season snow, record-breaking snowmaking efforts, and reliably cold temperatures, our teams have been working nonstop to prepare the mountain for an early opening.

Join us, Wednesday, November 23, to celebrate an early the start to the season. Enjoy skiing and riding on over 2,000 skiable acres, serviced by four lifts: Swift Current 6, Explorer, Challenger, and Iron Horse, plus all Mountain Village carpets.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Welp, I'll be there on Wednesday. Actually nice so I can actually help out on Thursday with the turkey etc.

Very good friend of mine, his wife, and their going to MSU next year son need a 2bd rental in Bozeman from January to March of 2023. Legit mountain people from NM. Hell, they were on the daily video at Bridger with me last year. If anyone has something they know of please pass that info along to me. Thanks!

Dump question, are reservations only required for ikon holders at big sky? I have a midweek green pass.

From what I gather looking at the website reservations are required for Mtn Collective and IKON. If you have a BS issued season pass its go when you want.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

It also looks like the Flex 3 & 5 will be good for Wednesday - originally the access was supposed to start Thursday. So that is pretty sweet. I think you could do 28 nonstop Challenger laps if you went all day. Me and Nest only managed 13 (me) and 14 (him) last early season it was open before walking became difficult . Early season Challenger is the shit!!!

Human powered grooming in my two horse town golf course. Nobody here skis. So I’m Uber freak for not only skiing, but dragging a contraption behind me as well. Golf course is 10ft away from house, so a nice diversion. Maybe next winter I’ll get permission to groom with a sled.

Name:  477C48D0-643B-40BF-B0A9-19FF17D72714.jpeg
Views: 425
Size:  101.0 KB

Awesome ^. Username checks out..

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Awesome ^. Username checks out..
    Grooming is arguably more fun than skiing, when internal combustion is involved.

I'll come up and kick in that track. Then go and complain to the gollf course.ppl about conditions

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I'll come up and kick in that track. Then go and complain to the gollf course.ppl about conditions
    If we get snow and a sled it’ll be fun. I had to sell my tracked UTV for obvious reasons…but might by Skandic next year. One day at a time. Grooming the Big Belts last year, 50k of awesome fire roads.

I work with the new County Commissioner who’s a little more progressive and her/husband ski both Alpine Nordic. So we’re working on approval to groom with motorized use.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    If we get snow and a sled it’ll be fun. I had to sell my tracked UTV for obvious reasons…but might by Skandic next year. One day at a time. Grooming the Big Belts last year, 50k of awesome fire roads.

I work with the new County Commissioner who’s a little more progressive and her/husband ski both Alpine Nordic. So we’re working on approval to groom with motorized use.
    You sold it?! I loved getting the big belts updates for places that were WAY too hard to hike to.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    You sold it?! I loved getting the big belts updates for places that were WAY too hard to hike to.
    Been on medical leave since July with pretty low income for 7 mos. It sucks but was necessary.

Bummer Trackhead about not feeling good. I kept wanting to reach out to try and take you up on your skiing the Big Belts offer, but never seemed to find a good time to do it. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you are up to it I know Bob and I would love to come over your way for a skin. Guessing you will still be faster than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    When you are up to it I know Bob and I would love to come over your way for a skin. Guessing you will still be faster than us.
    I’ll end up with a sled next winter, might buy a couple used ones. I won’t be strong enough to tour effectively until probably April. I’m focusing on lift served with kid this year.

Showdown opening 25th. Going to drag my sorry ass out there early December with kid. Hopefully winter keeps being winter!
    Last edited by Trackhead; 11-17-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Seven-inch refresh overnight made for some nice low-angle turns on the Drift today.

Score! Looks great!

Noice!!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Seven-inch refresh overnight made for some nice low-angle turns on the Drift today.

Fuuuuuuuck! Why did I waste my timing trying to “hunt” this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Fuuuuuuuck! Why did I waste my timing trying to “hunt” this morning.
    I'm going "hunting" tomorrow. I'm sure it will be "warm".

Yeah man! Looking much better than it did last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it looks like they are going back on the Challenger opening?? originally they said (on website) four lifts will be open, Swifty, Challenger, Exploder and Iron horse... that info has been scrubbed from website, and worker on the phone told me Swifty and Iron horse will be open.

Meh, I have to be in BS for a few hrs sometime on Wed. anyway so might as well make a few turns. Not like I was planning on anything real steep anyway.

And FWIW the Lobo plot is showing a 26"settled depth so even though BS has maybe gotten around 60" of natural snow the areas without snow making will be hit or miss.

And without resorting to the Random unworthy questions thread, will Big Sky claim that 60" as part of this years annual average 400" snowfall or last, or both?

Oh shit I should be careful with my words, I might make someone from Boyne "uncomfortable".
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"