Page 593 of 891 FirstFirst ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,825 of 22264
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And too late now. One might say you guys are golden.
    I did hear from a reliable source that they have sold VERY few of the tram access packs. This was about a month ago. Makes sense, most people will probably just pay as they go. All the lemmings will be lined up on powder days, but on those sleeper days when the smooth wind buff is prime nobody will want to pay. Or when the snow report says one inch and it's blown in eight inches deep up there. You know the drill. Be really interesting to see how it all goes down this year re the tram.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

New idea:

Hold Aspen Extreme-style tryouts at the beginning of each season to determine the roster of locals who get complimentary gold access to the tram.

Style points and speed on Marx /Lenin make up the overall score.

End with a Chinese downhill on Dakota, and televise the whole event on ABC sports.

Charge admission for Yellowstone Clubbers who want to watch in person.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That would exclude the geriatric members of the community that don’t have the knees for that type of action. Maybe they can do a smoke shack poker run. Call it “All Blunts No Stunts”

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    <snip> Maybe they can do a smoke shack poker run. Call it “All Blunts No Stunts”
    Were I a local, I'd be all in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by East2West View Post
    That would exclude the geriatric members of the community that don’t have the knees for that type of action. Maybe they can do a smoke shack poker run. Call it “All Blunts No Stunts”
    Okay, senior division/ blunt league gets a slot too. But only if Costas does a serious commentary.

I have gold member envy now...

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I did hear from a reliable source that they have sold VERY few of the tram access packs. This was about a month ago. Makes sense, most people will probably just pay as they go. All the lemmings will be lined up on powder days, but on those sleeper days when the smooth wind buff is prime nobody will want to pay. Or when the snow report says one inch and it's blown in eight inches deep up there. You know the drill. Be really interesting to see how it all goes down this year re the tram.

Why I bought a 5 pack.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    New idea:

Hold Aspen Extreme-style tryouts at the beginning of each season to determine the roster of locals who get complimentary gold access to the tram.

Style points and speed on Marx /Lenin make up the overall score.

End with a Chinese downhill on Dakota, and televise the whole event on ABC sports.

Charge admission for Yellowstone Clubbers who want to watch in person.

The Chuganese was sorta that, plus beer, minus the clubbers. Always try and minus the clubbers.
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Why I bought a 5 pack.
    I hedged with ten rides but was too cheap to spring for the gold if the tram situation was similar to the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I hedged with ten days
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    FIFY
    A bargain at twice the price.

FYI & I think I may have posted it here already but. Before I bought my 5 pack I worked out an agreement with ticket sales that if the days prices was < than the $ 42.50 I paid for the 5 pack that they would let me come to the office after the fact and pay the lower price.

Whether they honor that or not will remain to be seen.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Had a blast at the Disco bike park with my 15 yo today. Not as many trails as Big Sky but more creative construction imo (not that I have the balls to launch that shit). Chill scene too. Will definitely be back.

Nice! Perfect timing with the bit of moisture. Try a Seoul dog from Hud if they have the cart up there. He said everyone he talked to today was from Bozeman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Is BS still going to do have the hike up the Liberty Bowl? Might end up skiing a weekend there this winter and would rather boot than pay to wait in the tram line.

I heard a YES to this^^

Anybody do the boot pack last year? Report on how long it took?

Was thinking it was comparable to hiking glory bowl in the Teets

I’m game, as it certainly is better than paying lots of extra coin …

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Breaking news, there is some sort of a white substance draped over the high peaks south of here. That is all.....

Can't recall who was asking but according to Big Sky's FB page they intend to have Swifty 6 up and running by Thanksgiving weekend.

With that in mind either it will snow a bunch early making that feat a bitch to pull off and yet mandatory, or hardly at all rendering the entire question moot.

I think I paid around $1500 for a moonlight and a big sky pass in the early 2000s. $500 more 20 years later isn’t crazy. I can’t imagine not having a gold pass if I lived there still. It would be too stressful trying to figure out should I pull the trigger on a tram pass for the day. Skinning up an open ski are is always lame. People wizzing by u looking at you like you’re in idiot while you sweat to reach the same spot the lift goes. But I also wouldn’t get in the swiftly line at 730 to wait in the triple (or whatever it is now) to wait in the tram to get your first run at 11. Different strokes for different folks I guess

But could you justify that $2000 while regularly standing in a 1 hour+ tram line?

I had an employee pass at the really big for 28 years and was given one as severance after the "merger".

Plenty of 20 years employees have been given lifetime passes, (I was not one of them). Steven.

Under the new system that pass is not a gold pass. It does include Tram 20 days.

I am not that anxious to give Big Sky my $$$.

How this new system changes the tram line is a huge variable. Hope it works out for the Gold Pass holders.

I have 5 tram days bought & paid for and can consider that spent $$$.

See how it goes.

Bend Over You’re Now Employed.

Tram line always sucked. But skiing the bowl or hiking headwaters. You see a 1 car line and wavering in your head, should I use my ticket that day sucks.
    If I lived there and skied basically every day it’s a no brainer for no restrictions. If you don’t it’s a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    If I lived there and skied basically every day it’s a no brainer for no restrictions. If you don’t it’s a slippery slope.
    Amen.

The Ikon Pass that came with it, OTOH, I could have done without. But we'll see. Maybe I'll use it at Red Mtn or Utah.