Page 605 of 884 FirstFirst ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,125 of 22093
    Anyone have beta on Disco opening? Website says thanksgiving opening but nothing on the socials. Any word on conditions or opening?

Bridger Bowl question:
    Can someone help me understand how to reconcile BB's claim of 300" annually vs. an average of 222" from 2011-2020 (click on "Annual" here)?

Is this just the snowfall that feel between opening and closing day vs BB quoting 10/1 - last measured snow of the spring, even post-close?

The numbers seem pretty far off, and from what I've seen the resort prides itself on one or two 24" storms a season, which would mean a really low amount of snow the rest of the days.

Thank you!

Hope it's an amazing year for everyone!

Are you going to ski or not? That's how I reconcile it.

Those Onthesnow numbers seem very dubious, some might even say, utter bullshit..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 07-07-27 Bridger Bowl Snow History OnTheSnow.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	393986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 07-09-49 Bridger Bowl Snow History OnTheSnow.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	393987

For example, 2016/17 and 339" Max base depth?

FWIW BB is pretty honest about their snow totals and does not rely on cheap tricks such as annual snowfall totals. The numbers used are from open to close. But don't take my word, simply ask Bobbybill.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 11-25-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Shop rats are back in the nest and we're ready to slay the K. ON YOUR LEFT!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Trackhead, where in Montana are you located, now? I just remember consistently using your observations while I was living in the Wasatch. You still getting after it like you did before? Or has fatherhood made you into the fat, lazy shit that all of us seemingly have the potential to become?
    I'm in the tiny dustbowl otherwise known as Townsend enjoying rural life. Just moved down after 7 yrs in Alaska. Wanted to live in a tiny town, off the radar. I still get out a lot, or I did in AK, but I also really enjoy riding lifts with my 10yr old and did so quite a lot last winter because there was no in-person school. So this year I'll ski during the week when he's in school, then ride lifts with him on weekends.

I'm not a fat lazy shit....yet. But I'm looking forward to the day when I'm old enough and won't mind being one

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Anyone have beta on Disco opening? Website says thanksgiving opening but nothing on the socials. Any word on conditions or opening?
    They've been blowing snow but almost no base. Afaik they "might" try and open next week but that would be optimistic. Troller I was talking to yesterday said they are still waiting on a few things for the new RFID system as well. I'll prob go grab my pass this weekend and take a peek but I've been around the lake and we havent gotten much besides freezing rain lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Those Onthesnow numbers seem very dubious, some might even say, utter bullshit..

For example, 2016/17 and 339" Max base depth?
    I learned in March it stops snowing - 0" of average snowfall for the month. After all those great March pow days I skied there, I had no idea.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Mr. K was rowdy today. Ribbon-like. Oh and the new chair is REALLY fast. Like the fasted ft/sec chair I have ever been on I am pretty sure.

Well, took about a day and a half till Swifty 6 started breaking down.

Swifty Session Pale Ale by Map, OTOH, is quite tasty.

At least there is the Explorer lift as a back up! Haven't tried the session ale yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Well, took about a day and a half till Swifty 6 started breaking down.

Swifty Session Pale Ale by Map, OTOH, is quite tasty.

Well, as long as there wasn’t a full scale evacuation, I call it a success. Is a Sunday mission to the really Big on anyone’s radar? Might be my first lift-served day of the season!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No rope evac, but a hard stop and drop (like I thought the cable broke), then a couple feet backwards. Felt really weird and sketch to me. Then a 15-20 minute shutdown later (we were not on), then a period during which they ran all the chairs empty. I'm sure they just need to work out the kinks.

But yeah fun opening weekend. They upgraded us for free from the Wastewater to a Huntley Loft due to a maintenance issue, and the bars and restaurants are half empty and employees are chill and happy so the mountain village is actually pretty pleasant. And a bootfitter at LMS saved my ass free of charge with a problem on my wife's boot that threatened to end our day before it started. And we met friends for beers at Scissorbills. All good IMO, even the ice patches on Tippy's. Requires your attention.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I'm in the tiny dustbowl otherwise known as Townsend enjoying rural life. Just moved down after 7 yrs in Alaska. Wanted to live in a tiny town, off the radar. I still get out a lot, or I did in AK, but I also really enjoy riding lifts with my 10yr old and did so quite a lot last winter because there was no in-person school. So this year I'll ski during the week when he's in school, then ride lifts with him on weekends.

I'm not a fat lazy shit....yet. But I'm looking forward to the day when I'm old enough and won't mind being one
    Plenty of interesting options to explore in the Big Belts, there in your back yard. Can't wait to see what you find as I've only poked around over there at the end of hunting season/very beginning of ski season. Welcome. And Townsend will be interesting. Cheers.
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Ants crawling all over the bowl today. Janky snow but at least it was more fun than lapping Mr. K.

About ready for a pattern change.

^^^ That is fucking awesome. Kudos to the patrol for opening it and the peeps for body packing it.
    All in all pretty fair coverage from November.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^ Well that's encouraging.

Heading to Bozeman / Big Sky next week with a friend. Yeah, not much snow just yet but a hell of a lot better than what we have in Tahoe (I'm wearing shorts right now) and I'm actually going for other reasons (getting a GFC camper installed on my truck). Anyway, looking for restaurant and bar recommendations. I've skied several days at Big Sky before but haven't really spent much time at all around Bozeman.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Anyway, looking for restaurant and bar recommendations.
    Gallatin Riverhouse

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Bring your mountain bike?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	char ski.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	371.1 KB 
ID:	394308

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willie ski.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	505.6 KB 
ID:	394309

Rolling 8 kids deep. Stoke level=high!! New Swifty is a game changer. That thing chews through the people. Landed a couple old man 3s, now I want to learn the iron cross 3, that would be sick. Hopefully if I type it out it will happen - haha. Feeling pretty blessed to have a pack of young stoked out shredders to ski with. They were keeping me fired up. They don't complain about skiing bumps, ice or rocks. Just having fun being on the mountain. All in all, pretty stoked on the opening weekend.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Gallatin Riverhouse

This. Get the fried chicken. Thank us later.

Also my vote goes for Land Of Magic which is not far from Belgrade/GFC.

While the fried chicken is good my go-to is brisket street tacos extra pickles.

Also I thought the new bbq place downtown Bozeman was pretty legit. The cannery is always good for a drink and eye candy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Super Chix and Roost are both respectable chicken establishments in town. Best Burger in Four Corners is pretty good and pretty cheap. Taco Montes is awesome if you can catch them when they are open.

swing your fucking sword.

Gross. Taco montes is drunk food.

Bozeman area, Blacksmith and Blackbird are casual/nice sit down places, good menu and service, need reservations. Copper is a good grown-up bar, dining room took a hit with a service shortage. Good selection of booze and copper burger is +. Aleworks is good but you have to fight your way into the door. Montana rib and chop house is casual and pretty solid if you sit at the bar, table service has taken a big hit.