Page 520 of 890 FirstFirst ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 13,000 of 22244
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    It doesn't help that the CEO of Whitefish is an anti-mask super right wing nutjob who is basically content to stick his head in the sand and pretend like the pandemic is a liberal hoax.
    I haven't been here for long but that seems to be pretty common theme up in the Kalispell area.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I haven't been here for long but that seems to be pretty common theme up in the Kalispell area.
    Kalispell, yeah. Whitefish is usually a bit better about covid protocols. But the resorts CEO keeps getting called out on social media for violating the resort's own mask policy.

Not sure what was going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post

The work of God?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bb bro walked through the vortex and found himself in the upside down.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

I found something strongly resembling winter today for a real nice change of pace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010444.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	355289
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was nice and cold in the canyon this AM and Lone Peak was sparkling on the drive up the hill. Heard skiing yesterday was actually pretty good. Hoping to get out again later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Kalispell, yeah. Whitefish is usually a bit better about covid protocols. But the resorts CEO keeps getting called out on social media for violating the resort's own mask policy.
    So many people are so stoked for Gianforte to withdraw all mask mandates. Outlook is grim af.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post

Homie's about to poach the best rockpow on the mountain. He didn't fly his family of 5 out from the burbs to ski scratchy groomers. No way, this man's getting his $189 worth.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    So many people are so stoked for Gianforte to withdraw all mask mandates. Outlook is grim af.
    Certainly not a GG fan but I’m pretty sure some dude’s slobber ridden balaclava made out of used pantyhose isn’t keeping you or me safe from anything. Especially a Corona virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Concealed View Post
    Certainly not a GG fan but I’m pretty sure some dude’s slobber ridden balaclava made out of used pantyhose isn’t keeping you or me safe from anything. Especially a Corona virus.
    Now, now. This depends entirely what the pantyhose was used for.

BB skied very nicely this morning, staff has just about shook all the bugs out. But pray to the gods we need snow. It's going to get pounded this weekend.

I rolled over our BS passes, I thought that would work for sure.

It will.

There will be a time when we will wonder, "when will it stop snowing"? Not because we want it to stop, just because.

You read it here.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It will.

There will be a time when we will wonder, "when will it stop snowing"? Not because we want it to stop, just because.

You read it here.
    Quoting because I want to believe.

I believe. La Nina is fickle but she will deliver at the proper time.

We’re certainly going to have to hold to what we got for now.

Name:	IMG_9573.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	355470

Belrock certainly delivered a few good turns if you hiked for it, but you were mowing the lawn at times.

Name:	IMG_9579.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	355471

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I believe. La Nina is fickle but she will deliver at the proper time.
    I am on the road for a few weeks starting Jan 3rd, so expect lots of snow starting Jan 5th or so. Please track it all out before I get back.

Crazy they are opening the top of belmont with that coverage. Should be interesting.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I hope the faucet turns on and stays on. Maybe we all need to start making plans to head to the desert and it will start nuking was we drive south through West and Island Park.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Crazy they are opening the top of belmont with that coverage. Should be interesting.
    They haven't opened it, but the patrollers at the top shack didn't care if you wanted to hike for the turns. Top area was (mostly) fine, but getting back into the bowl had some weed-whacking.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    They haven't opened it, but the patrollers at the top shack didn't care if you wanted to hike for the turns. Top area was (mostly) fine, but getting back into the bowl had some weed-whacking.
    They opened it today with a funny warning.

"Mount Belmont Chairlift Surprise Opening Today. While we are excited to have Belmont Open and provide access to the summit, please read all the details below. Mount Belmont will be open for Adventure Skiing with the following rules in place:
    • No Minors allowed without a responsible adult
    • No rental equipment allowed
    • Waiver must be signed before loading lift

There are many trails on the Upper Mountain with good coverage, but you WILL hit rocks today. The coverage is very thin in many parts of the Upper Mountain. Many unmarked hazards and obstacles exist so be aware, and ski accordingly. If you do not have equipment that you are willing to hit rocks with, this is not the time for you to ski the Upper Mountain."

I'm going to ski up top today. Guarantee it's no rockier than the stuff Big Sky has opened.

And they have opened it for "adventure skiing" in other years. Good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm going to ski up top today. Guarantee it's no rockier than the stuff Big Sky has opened.

And they have opened it for "adventure skiing" in other years. Good on them.
    Yeah, kind of feels like backcountry survival skiing. I like it. I might do a couple of runs there tomorrow or go skishoe around stemple. Let me know how it is.

Speaking of the Really Thin. The patrol has been working their asses off to open additional terrain and they have done so.

The way the temps. have been fluctuating it is the best guarantee that when it starts to snow, as much of the fresh stuff as possible stays on the compacted to the rocks slopes.

To all the visitors who are here in vacation and stomping down the facets onto those incredibly sharp rocks, we thank you and salute you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"