Page 508 of 891 FirstFirst ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,700 of 22273
    Part of the issue with Bridger are the hordes of college students that flock to Bridger in greater numbers each season, a majority of which are out of staters.

A significant percentage of them don’t know shit about BC travel, and want sooo hard to be “the most core persons on the ‘gram”. It got worse during my time there, and you can bet your britches that it’s continued on that trajectory.

The proximity to Bozeman vs. other areas also makes it super attractive for the lazy, the newbies, the diehards, etc to flock up there when new snow dumps.

All of this (and more) make it reeeal tough to implement and manage an uphill policy system that works.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

The low snow is getting everyone all pissy. Here’s some photo stoke.

Been on an exploration for information this week prettttty close to Bozeangeles.

Hint: those ain’t the Bridgers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1607231265.946541.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	351407

Name:	Image1607231335.210362.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	351409

Name:	Image1607231358.637834.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	881.4 KB 
ID:	351410

Name:	Image1607231599.142550.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	351412

Name:	Image1607256096.115821.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	720.4 KB 
ID:	351423
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 12-06-2020 at 06:01 AM.

I’m liking the new thread title.

Thanks Mods !

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hell yeah! I’m in Whitefish and this is the only MT thread I follow since this is where all the stoke lives. I’ll try and do my part from the opposite corner of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Thanks Mods !

10x, the thread delivers.

Superior, nice kitty you have.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post

Nice!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Worth reposting from my other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I think this is actually a pretty great social exercise. Yesterday was a little bit busier. If it's possible to have space between riders on the chair I am ok with it and asked the other group every time if it was OK to ride with them. In other instances if it was clear that I was gonna be stuck right next to a stranger I just said, "I would like to ride alone." and claimed my own chair. Lines be damned. People behind me might have to wait an extra 10 seconds in total.

There are big advantages to skiing with a group of 2-4 so you can easily claim your own chairs every time.

I think there should be signage at the start of the maze saying something like, "Always ask before loading the chair with skiers not in your party" or something like that.

I will say the Big Sky lifties have been doing a great job reminding people to pull up their masks (I saw like 97% compliance yesterday. No one intentionally not wearing one) and the guy running the "pole" where Swifty alternates lines was very cool if people want to ride alone. No employees are trying to force groups together to speed up the line.

Honestly, if Ullr decides to show up and we get some other lifts open we will be fine.

Nice job gettin out!

Kook watching yesterday in the bb lot was all time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Kook watching yesterday in the bb lot was all time
    Looks like they were heading out for 7-10 days.

Buddy wanted to head up to skin BB today, I suggested we head to CC instead and ride bikes.

Both will be equally crowded but biking sounds better than skinning a green run.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm not sure why people tele. It's straight torture. Not only do turns feels more unstable it's straight lunges down the entire hill. I thought it would be tough on the knees but the thighs... Oh my. Plus if you fall, I doubt your skis come off and you break all your limbs. It does feel pretty free wandering around with your heel not locked in though...

Another good day at GD. We really need some snow. Where to skin tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Thanks Mods !
    Babybear did that for us. Looking forward to seeing stoke from all over this great state.

Bunion or other Bridger experts - is there a chute under Pierre's named Tremper's Way? Apparently he got caught in a slide there when they were installing Pierre's chair?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    The low snow is getting everyone all pissy. Here’s some photo stoke.

Been on an exploration for information this week prettttty close to Bozeangeles.

Hint: those ain’t the Bridgers.

Name:	Image1607231265.946541.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	351407

Name:	Image1607231335.210362.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	351409

Name:	Image1607231358.637834.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	881.4 KB 
ID:	351410

Name:	Image1607231599.142550.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	351412

Easy now. That place is still relatively unknown. I'll find some cat track pics from my wife who was out there a couple days ago.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Kitties. Also I'm craving a 5$ burger.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_0(21).jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	351505

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Bunion or other Bridger experts - is there a chute under Pierre's named Tremper's Way? Apparently he got caught in a slide there when they were installing Pierre's chair?
    I am definitely NOT a BB expert. I have read that there is such a thing and Tremper talks about getting slid when he was a young buck in one of this many tomes.

One thing I can say about BB is that there are 2-3 names for every tree/rock/line.

It’ll snow or it won’t. Skiing around here is a few great years punctuated by lots of fair to middling. I added up the 10 year average for Bridger from on the snow website. 236 inches. Ha. Not quite what they advertise. I’m pretty sure that doesn’t include pre or post season though. I’ve been getting the kids into skinning and making the best of it. Every condition has a flow state. Maching down some fucked up variable weird pow is fun if u can drop into that zone. I didn’t quite make the whole ride this morning due to time but Sypes drop to m is in for mountain bikes (like 99% sure from the m side). Gonna try storm castle this week too. Bet that is riding hott!!!

The models are showing some better things 10 days out, praise Ullr.

CC was really pretty fun today, crowded as hell but it was a beautiful day so lots of family groups out spinning Green Eagle or the skills park. As soon as we started up the 1st real climb there were maybe a dozen people in sight at times. Its pretty much all good to go but you would probably want to ride the road back up from the back canyon. The climb back out is probably good for Fat or + bikes but it looked like a lot of walking on a 2.3 wheel.

I believe that 236" average for the operating season sounds pretty accurate. That's all probably from the top of Alpine so its a realistic number.

Last time I added up the Really Sky I came up with 213"

praise Ullr.
    Can I get a AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredeagle View Post
    It’ll snow or it won’t. Skiing around here is a few great years punctuated by lots of fair to middling. I added up the 10 year average for Bridger from on the snow website. 236 inches. Ha. Not quite what they advertise. I’m pretty sure that doesn’t include pre or post season though. I’ve been getting the kids into skinning and making the best of it. Every condition has a flow state. Maching down some fucked up variable weird pow is fun if u can drop into that zone. I didn’t quite make the whole ride this morning due to time but Sypes drop to m is in for mountain bikes (like 99% sure from the m side). Gonna try storm castle this week too. Bet that is riding hott!!!
    I'm digging these truthful snow totals. Wish it was documented better.

Well, even with super low tide, stoke levels have been high.

Dry dirt nearly everywhere in the South Hill, but just enough ice to hold onto the studded fat tires.

Porch sits are nice

To-go cans are handy

Night riding has been great

We’re looking forward to playing on the snow- upgraded sliding equipment this year, and Disco passes again. But this ain’t bad.

Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    I'm not sure why people tele. It's straight torture. Not only do turns feels more unstable it's straight lunges down the entire hill. I thought it would be tough on the knees but the thighs... Oh my. Plus if you fall, I doubt your skis come off and you break all your limbs. It does feel pretty free wandering around with your heel not locked in though...

Another good day at GD. We really need some snow. Where to skin tomorrow...
    Yep. Those are some of the reasons I quit. Lol. On the falls, when it’s soft and you’re going over the bars just help it along. Tuck and roll. Sometime you can basically do a summersault and roll right out of it. It is a pretty amazing feeling once you get it dialed. The main reason I got into telemark skiing (back in 1991) is that I wanted to access BC terrain. But most of the time I was skiing I was doing alpine turns because I was top heavily with a pack on and skiing fairly strep and narrow terrain. For me, it just made sense to go back to locking my heels.

I was up at GD both days. Never saw any pink Black Crows. Maybe next weekend.

On the skinning, good luck. A friend went into the Elkhorns. Looks really boney...like everything. Even GD is wearing thin. More rocks showing. By the end of today the park rats were burning though the base at both the top and bottom of the first jump. But then, when you don’t know the value of a dollar you don’t mind grinding metal rails, hitting rocks in the park and skiing the entire gravel parking lot back to your moms car.

Quote Originally Posted by Concealed View Post
    Yep. Those are some of the reasons I quit. Lol. On the falls, when it’s soft and you’re going over the bars just help it along. Tuck and roll. Sometime you can basically do a summersault and roll right out of it. It is a pretty amazing feeling once you get it dialed. The main reason I got into telemark skiing (back in 1991) is that I wanted to access BC terrain. But most of the time I was skiing I was doing alpine turns because I was top heavily with a pack on and skiing fairly strep and narrow terrain. For me, it just made sense to go back to locking my heels.

I was up at GD both days. Never saw any pink Black Crows. Maybe next weekend.

On the skinning, good luck. A friend went into the Elkhorns. Looks really boney...like everything. Even GD is wearing thin. More rocks showing. By the end of today the park rats were burning though the base at both the top and bottom of the first jump. But then, when you don’t know the value of a dollar you don’t mind grinding metal rails, hitting rocks in the park and skiing the entire gravel parking lot back to your moms car.
    That makes sense... I've been learning tele so I didn't have my black crows on today. I was there from like 12 to 2. Pretty sure I was the only one teleing there. Yellow black diamond havoc's, old ww2 winter jacket. Might hike that drift for the fun of it tomorrow.

Not gonna lie, almost made me think of busting out my old park skis to see if I still have it. I don't think I fall as well as I used to though.

Name:  CF 12-6-20.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  35.6 KB

Skating on Canyon Ferry. Get it while it lasts ...
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton