Page 607 of 890 FirstFirst ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,175 of 22244
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Dragged my ass up to the hill to try and knock the rust off. Tippy's was good, Mr. K was, well, Mr K. Kinda boring but well covered. Upper Morning Star was actually decent, the Bowl was the firmest natural snow I think I have ever skied.

Ran into a lot of familiar faces and had a good enough time. Going to be sore tomorrow.
    Yup. I have skied worse snow for sure. Going skiing today was better than bitching about it online. Always good to get the legs dialed now instead of waiting until the first good snow day in December and be smoked.

the Bowl was the firmest natural snow I think I have ever skied.
    Wow I imagine you have skied more than your share of coral. I have yet to knock off the rust of the skis because of other commitments.

That was the odd part, usually its firm and rough and coral reef like cause the wind hammered it and then it was pounded with slides from Alto.

I think the Bowl snow today was rained on and sun beaten for the past month or more and maybe wind polished a little. The base was kind of smooth and really firm with 3-4" of pushed around snow from last nights fast mover. I felt like I could sink an edge in the man made on Tippys and ride that, the Bowl, not really.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Sounds like conditions will be great in the bowl with this sun and warm temperatures the next few days!

I think the Bowl snow today was rained on and sun beaten for the past month or more and maybe wind polished a little.

Need buckets, nets, all hands!!

Dam failure at Hebgen!!!

Super low flows, fish stranded, calling all help!

If you can show up, please do, the Madison trout need help now!

Bring your bucket, net, anything to help these stranded fish...

check fwp for updates...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Need buckets, nets, all hands!!

Dam failure at Hebgen!!!

Super low flows, fish stranded, calling all help!

If you can show up, please do, the Madison trout need help now!

Bring your bucket, net, anything to help these stranded fish...

check fwp for updates...
    Yikes! Looks pretty bad. Those Upper Madison fishing guides have had some bad luck the last few years between COVID, fish kills and now this.

Name:  61a6ba1517fb1.image.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  150.9 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61a6ba14086a9.image.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	394810

Just back from the Madison Valley, the river is flowing again.

WTF? Is everyone moving to Montana? Was over there looking at a project for a highly placed D politician. Something tells me he may not be very welcome as a Big D in the Trump County small town that is Ennis.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bring your mountain bike

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just back from the Madison Valley, the river is flowing again.

WTF? Is everyone moving to Montana? Was over there looking at a project for a highly placed D politician. Something tells me he may not be very welcome as a Big D in the Trump County small town that is Ennis.
    Ehh, I'd bet a dollar this gentleman couldn't care less how welcome he is. Does anyone?
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

some sort of snow event for monday ish. will bridger open on time? warm!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    some sort of snow event for monday ish. will bridger open on time? warm!
    I’d bet on Big Sky opening a few more runs, and Bridger struggling to pack down whatever snow falls with cats.

Cooler weather next week is a good thing! Maybe even a bigger storm on the horizon for later in the week.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...9#.YalYhiVHbDt

I'm hoping the storm coming Monday night produces, it's looking pretty bleak at bridger, worse than last year by a long shot...

Name:	sunnyside.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	394985

Heard a rumor that the Big Sky tram access packs will not be sold anymore after this Saturday. So if you're going that route ($50 a day) vs. the auto-charge route (probably going to be $80 a day once the skiing gets good) better purchase in the next couple days.

So you don't forget, call before Midnight tonight!

Pretty crappy at BS today. Super warm. New dirt emerging. Probably didn't even freeze last night.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Went for ride in the Elkhorns yesterday in shorts/tshirt.........December. Complained about the rain in AK when I lived there, now I'm complaining about the sun.

I thought yesterday was great at BS I got a lot of work done on the cars and didn't have to wear gloves or a heavy coat. Fingers crossed that the Monday system delivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Pretty crappy at BS today. Super warm.

Just back from CC. Not many other riders, beautiful light, not bad temps. Chilly north wind.

Name:	index (1).png 
Views:	98 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	395200

Some hopium for the next 10 days

Fingers firmly X-ed

Looks like we’ll be flying back into town just in-time to see winter show up (or have our hopes crushed once more).

Feels like the time has finally come though.

Pretty wintery at Lake Louise where they are getting ready to start the women's downhill. Viz has deteriorated since I took this, could be tough conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Pretty wintery at Lake Louise where they are getting ready to start the women's downhill. Viz has deteriorated since I took this, could be tough conditions.

Nice. Bummed we couldn't make it up there for that this year. Always fun watching fast people go fast.

I have low expectations and hope to be wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Looks like we’ll be flying back into town just in-time to see winter show up (or have our hopes crushed once more).

Feels like the time has finally come though.

Theoretically, it will be good Tuesday because I have a meeting that AM that I can't skip.