Page 711 of 884 FirstFirst ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... LastLast
Results 17,751 to 17,775 of 22097
    Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    My humble suggestion would be to consider NOT brightening the image.
    Yep, I understood.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Also, you may consider carrying a small gray card.
    This could be helpful. Right now I just shoot on auto WB.

And great shots. I'm really envious of how much time you get to spend in the bc.

Looks like another round coming Thursday night/Friday morning.

you guys just kill me with your good pictures.

Big Sky looking good from above the other day:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-29 113219.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	979.0 KB 
ID:	435891

Whitefish is working on it
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-11-29 113325.png
Views: 545
Size:  700.2 KB

Cold MFer at the Big Empty today. Tram was "broken." Sheddy opened. Hoping for better snow and warmer temps tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    This could be helpful. Right now I just shoot on auto WB.

And great shots. I'm really envious of how much time you get to spend in the bc.
    In my experience auto WB works great in so many situations — but snowy scenes are not one of them. it tend to make snow more grey than white. I'd be curious if you try a gray card and whether that helps.

You can get one like this that can clip onto your pack. I've had this one for about 15 years.

Keep shooting! We all love your stuff!

As for my time in the BC — I work hard to make it happen.

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

RE: openings and conditions.

Had an awesome afternoon hanging with a couple mags on Monday, but did opt for the $50 tram that got me one run on Liberty Bowl (that was pretty great), but I saw oodles of terrain that could have been opened just sitting there.

The resort was running Dakota while a dozen “area closed” signs were posted on untouched powder runs.

Can’t complain about skiing! But, I sure as shit was embarrassed to spend the money on one run.

Piling up this a.m.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Same here, another bit of office and then the drive.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Damn. Didn't even know this was in the forecast. Jealous...y'all enjoy!

And thanks UAN for the grey card rec. Buying one this morning.

That was well worth the drive down. Dakota was ridiculously good and you could manage a lap without crossing too many tracks.

Ran into a Mags wife who flies the green cross, she was sporting a brand new Mammut airbag pack that while nice, looks heavy as hell. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a bunch of back injuries.

Rode the chair with a kid who told me how Montage is renting one of the rooms in his condo as employee housing. He had a room mate move in, they became friends and then he received notice the room mate had quit/lost his job and has to GTFO and it falls on the landlord to do the ejecting. Ouch.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That was well worth the drive down. Dakota was ridiculously good and you could manage a lap without crossing too many tracks.
    Awesome. We are getting so spoiled right now.

Today it was wind transport and lots of fluffy snow available to blow around along with 2-3" new and a lot of terrain per skier.

Shedhorn has really good coverage, same with Andesite and the theme seems to be, "ski it up!"

Incredible day. Some of the best champagne powder I've ever skied at Big Sky. Lapped Liberty/Bavaria 5 times after paying $40 for the tram. Bavaria was siiiick. So was Andesite at 9 a.m. Wish I had a decent photo to show but twas not a good day for phone pics. Legs are cooked!!

I had a Zoom call with some people in Big Sky today, but that wasn’t as fun.

Ran into a Mags wife who flies the green cross, she was sporting a brand new Mammut airbag pack that while nice, looks heavy as hell. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a bunch of back injuries.
    I overheard a patroller saying they only need to wear those when throwing bombs. He made it sound like that is the norm these days and BS is just "catching up." No idea if any of this is true.

Today it was wind transport and lots of fluffy snow available to blow around along with 2-3" new and a lot of terrain per skier.
    There was at least 6-8 inches on the Andesite groomers when they opened. Some of the finest cowpow I've ever skied and hardly anybody on it. I think Andesite actually got hit hardest by the squall. It was definitely blowing off Liberty and into Dakota/Bavaria. Probably onto Lenin and Marx too, could be epic if they open today.
    Last edited by yeahman; 12-01-2022 at 02:44 PM.

I am not so happy with my decision to work out of state for the month of November. Typically I would be missing Mr K, Lower Morning Star or possibly boney CJ laps. Rip it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yup, today was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I overheard a patroller saying they only need to wear those when throwing bombs. He made it sound like that is the norm these days and BS is just "catching up." No idea if any of this is true.
    It is true to a great extent. Many patrols have supplied air bags to the staff and have a set of protocols for when they are used. From what I was told the BS patrol is fully supplied with Mammut products- Beacon, shovel, probe and airbag. Kudos for them getting that deal in place.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Happy Monday.

Funny, I was in that lineup on Monday, 2nd row. Finally settled into my place in Livingston this week, I'll be making the drive over Fri am, got to leave pretty early to get to the early chairs... maybe meet a screen name or two? I'll be looking like this - T Name:  IMG_4289.JPG
Views: 453
Size:  113.3 KB
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

I plan to be in the lineup early tomorrow. Blaze orange FRS jacket and black vest, FRS decal on my helmet, biggest 'stache you'll see all month probably. Hard to miss I think.

I'll be up in the morning too, excited for new skis, new boots and new snow!

I had a really good bootfitting experience this week at MT Ski Tuning and Bootfitting (behind Winco). They spent a full 2 hours with me and I left impressed. We'll see how the boots feel on the snow tomorrow.

I'd love to take a lap with some Mags. Red Arcteryx Jacket and brand new ON3P Wren Ti's. Maybe a blue pack. Say Hi!